Healthy and Everyone's Favorite Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins make for the best Breakfast Muffins ever! It's Gluten-Free, Vegan, Low Carb, and gives the perfect start to a busy day. Also, great for busy mornings on school days. You can make it within minutes and you're going to love this for sure.
I just love the morning hours. I know, I might be a loner here as for most of us, its mostly just too hectic and stressful to like it. Well, sounds about same for me as well. However, I still love this time of the day. The busy hours, the hectic schedule, the breakfast recipes, just jumping into the day without thinking about anything. Its all so much busy and life-like.
More than all of this, I love cooking in the morning. I love Breakfast recipes. Be it those Oatmeals or Sandwiches or Eggs or Burgers or Breakfast Potatoes, Hash Browns and of course my cup of Coffee. It just calls my name! I love making Breakfasts for my family, for you guys and also enjoy eating them at peace after all the noise shuts down...!
For me, Peanut Butter and Jelly is my go-to Sandwich recipe. It's something, I think I am having since I don't know when. It's my morning staple along with a cup of Yogurt or Granola and Juice.
To even think about the idea of making anything including Peanut Butter and Jelly gets me excited. 🥰 🍞
I love to use Peanut Butter for the majority of my recipes. Be it for breakfast recipes or desserts or even in a curry! Yes, that's right, it tastes delicious...!
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes with Chocolate Ganache
- Peanut butter Banana Bread
- 4-ingredients Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- Chocolate Covered Ritz Cracker Cookies with Peanut butter
- Peanut Butter Nutella Hand Pies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Oreo Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Thick Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
- Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups | Only 3-Ingredients
😋 Let's talk taste
These muffins have a perfect taste of Peanut Butter and Jam in every bite. I also love the hint of the taste of Coconut Oil. It really tastes so good with the Peanut Butter.
These muffins surely taste like our favorite PB&J Sandwiches. It's so simple yet so delicious.
- Gluten Free Baking Flour - I use Bob's Red Meal 1 to 1 Baking Flour. You can use any other kind of Gluten Free Flour mix you can find.
- Almond Meal - Almond Meal is different from Almond Flour. It gives a nutty texture to these Muffins.
- Peanut Butter - You can use Creamy or Nutty Peanut Butter.
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce - Use Unsweetened Apple Sauce as its healthy and free of refined sugar. Its the perfect replacement for eggs. You don't even need Flax eggs or Chia Eggs.
- Coconut Oil - Use melted Coconut Oil to combine everythign together.
- Coconut Sugar - Vegan and Healthy Coconut Sugar is perfect to sweetned these Muffins
- Maple Syrup - Maple Syrup and Mornings go hand in hand. You can also use Agave Nectar. If not Vegan, then you can obviously sub with Honey.
- Strawberry Jam - Use naturally sweetned Jam
- Almond Milk - Use sugar free Almond Milk. Its easily availble and such a healthy choice.
- Baking Soda - Used to bake the muffins
- Baking Powder - The leavening agent to make the Muffins fluffy and soft.
- Cider Vinegar - This acts like an acid and reacts with the Baking Powder & Soda to activate them.
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F or 180C and line a muffin tin with Parchement paper or just grease generously with cooking spray.
- Mix all the wet ingredients (Coconut Sugar, Melted Coconut Oil, Creamy Peanut Butter, Maple Syrup, Cider Vinegar and Unsweetned Apple Sauce) together using a whisk or hand held mixer or stand mixer
STEP 2: FOLD THE DRY INGREDIENTS
- Now, fold the dry ingredients - Gluten Free Flour, Baking Soda, Baking powder, Salt, Almond Meal.
- Pour Almond Milk and fold to combine everything.
STEP 3: BAKE THE MUFFINS
- Scoop out the batter and pour in the lined muffin tin
- Top with some more Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam
- Use a toothpick to lightly swirl on the top
- Bake @350F or 180C for 25-20 minutes
- After the muffins gets baked, allow them to cool down in the sam pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack for the muffins to cool down and serve.
Remember that the muffin batter should be thick. It should have a scoopable consistency and shoundn't be runny.
Hint: If your Muffin Batter is to runny, then you might add some Baking Flour and fold with the batter.
- Mashed Bananas - If you donot have access to unsweetened Apple Sauce, use Mashed Bananas as a replacement.
- Lemon juice - use Lemon juice instead of Cider Vinegar
- Eggs - for non vegan version you can include two large eggs in the muffin batter.
I like to use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour for this recipe. Its gluten free and so healthy and works absolutely perfect every single time.
However, you can use Oats flour as a replacement.
Also, if you want, you can add some rolled Oats in the batter to give these muffins a chewy taste.
Muffins are just perfect for Breakfast. They are easy to make and get ready in minutes. Have you tried my other Breakfast Muffins recipes?
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Orange Spiced Eggnog Muffins
- Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- White Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate Muffins
- Mint Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Apple Cranberry Muffins
- Keto Quinoa Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Oatmeal Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips & Raisins
- Banana Muffins filled with Chocolate Walnut Ganache
- Tasty Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins ( Double Chocolate)
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
- Classic Southern Blueberry Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
To store these muffins, line an air-tight container with parchment paper. Place the muffins in it and top with another Parchment Paper, before you cover with the lid. You can store muffins this way for 2-4 days at room temperature. Do not Refrigerate muffins as they will become soggy.
If you wish to Freeze these Muffins, then wrap individual Muffins with Plastic wrap and then again with Aluminium foil and freeze for 2 months.
To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and gently reheat them in the oven.
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
🥗 OTHER HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Egg White breakfast Quesadillas - Flourless Quesadillas
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats (Vegan | GF)
- Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes - Breakfast Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Healthy Kiwi Chia Pudding - Vegan | No-Sugar Breakfast
- Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins (Vegan | GF)
- ½ cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil melted
- ½ cup Peanut Butter more for topping
- 1 teaspoon Cider Vinegar
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- ½ cup Almond Meal
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup Almond Milk
- 6-7 tablespoon Strawberry Jam naturally sweetned
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F or 180C and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and line with liners or parchment paper.
- Mix Coconut Sugar, Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil, Peanut Butter, Cider Vinegar, and Apple Sauce. Whisk until combined.
- Add Gluten Free Baking Flour Blend, Almond Meal, Salt, Baking Soda, and Baking Powder to it. Fold until combined.
- Add Almond Milk and fold to combine everything. The muffin batter should not be too thin and pourable. It should be thick.
- Scoop out the batter in a greased muffin tin. Top with some strawberry Jam and Peanut Butter. Pour it in the center. Swirl gently on the top using a toothpick. Bake @350F or 180C for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- After the muffins get baked, cool them in the same pan for 5-10 minutes. After that, run a knife around the muffin and get them out gently. Serve
- I have used Unsweetened Apple Sauce and Naturally sweetened Strawberry Jam to cut out on refined sugar
- I have used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour Blend. You can use any other kind of Gluten-Free Baking Flour Blend or replace it with AP Flour for a non-GF Version
- You can replace Almond Milk with Water
- You can replace Apple Sauce with Mashed Bananas
Ask Me Anything