Sugar Cookies are just perfect for holidays. Be it Christmas or Halloween, or even Easter. Sugar Cookies define happiness for me. These adorable Sugar Cookies decorated with meringue based royal icing is my go to recipes for the holiday season.
Sugar Cookies are really easy to make, and they are really fun to decorate too.
When it's Easter and Spring Time it's time to bake some cute-looking Bunny and Easter Egg Sugar Cookies. The gorgeous pastel-colored sugar cookies decorated with royal icing are simply too cute and almost too adorable to eat.
Easter Egg Sugar Cookies are golden brown on the inside which makes them chewy while being soft on the inside. Decoration with royal icing is actually so easy.
Ingredients needed to make Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
You will need the following ingredients to make Easter Egg Sugar Cookies.
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Royal Icing - you will need Meringue Powder, Confectioner's Sugar, Vanilla Extract, and Water to make this.
- Gel food coloring
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make Easter Sugar Cookies
Step 1: Make the cookie dough
- In a stand mixer cream butter and sugar together over medium speed until smooth and creamy for 2 min
- Add Eggs and Vanilla and beat until combined through.
- Turn the speed to low and add the baking powder and salt
- Now add the flour and mix it until combined though
- As the dough comes to a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 min or refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
Step 2: Cut the cookies
- Remove the dough from refrigerator and allow sit at room temp for 5 min
- Roll the dough until 1/4 inch thickness
- Use cookie cutter of your choice to cut the cookies
- Transfer the cookies to a parchment paper lined baking dish
Step 3: Bake
- Bake @350F for 8-10 min
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool down the cookies
How to make Royal Icing for Sugar Cookies
- Combine Meringue Powder with Confectioners Sugar. Add water along with vanilla extract and beat over medium-high speed until smooth and creamy
- Add gel food color of your choice and beat until combined
- Transfer to a piping bag and frost the cookies.
Best Easter Sugar Cookies you'll love to bake this season.
Carrot shaped Sugar Cookie
This simple carrot shaped sugar cookie uses a carrot shaped cookie cutter and orange and green royal icing frosting for the decoration.
Bunny Butt Cookies for Easter
Use a bunny shaped cookie cutter and frost them in pastel color shades that are on theme with Easter, like Pink, Green, Yellow, Blue, and Purple. To make the butt, use white-colored frosting!
Cute Bunny Sugar Cookie
Mini Egg Baskets Sugar Cookies
Use a basket shaped cookie cutter and frost the basket with colorful mini eggs over it.
Heart Shaped Bunny Cookies
These are the cutest Easter Bunny Sugar Cookies. You only need a heart-shaped cookie cutter, frost it with white royal icing. Make a cute bunny nose using pink icing and of course the mustache, nose, and bunny teeth with brown icing.
Cute Easter Eggs and Chicks Sugar Cookies
These Easter Chicks and Eggs Sugar Cookies are so easy to make.
Cute Easter Sugar Cookies by Jessie Edwards on Instagram
Chicks Easter Cookies by Cakes Decor
These are the most innovative of all easter sugar cookies. The design is so simple that you make a cracked egg and top it with a cute-looking blooming chick!!!!
Adorable Chicks Sugar Cookies
Happy Easter Egg shaped Sugar Cookie
Polka Dot Chick Cookies for Easter
Polka Dot designs are the easiest to do. A few dots here and there and your cookies look like a work of art.
Pastel Colored Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
Purple Bunny Sugar Cookies
I just love love love this color over my bunny sugar cookies! They are so easy to make and looks super cute.
Colorful Easter Eggs Sugar Cookies
Polka Dot Easter Egg Cookies
These are the simplest Easter sugar cookies which I love baking every year!
Bunny and Eggs Sugar Cookies
Pretty and fun sugar cookies
Simple and fun sugar cookies are perfect for Easter!
Easy-design sugar cookies
Pastel colored chocolate Easter Egg cookies
These are chocolate Sugar Cookies frosted with pastel colored easter frosting!
Cutest Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
Cute Cross Sugar Cookies
I make at least a small batch of Cross Sugar Cookies every year! They seem just perfect Passover Sugar Cookies and look super cute!
Looking for more Easter recipes ? Try these:
More Easter Cookies recipes
These are my favorite Easter cookies which are perfect for the season