Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes are seriously the best cheesecake you've ever had. It's just like eating a Peanut Butter Cup but with a creamy cheesecake filling inside. Also, this gets ready really quickly, is always popular with the kids, and never disappoints.
These Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes are rich, creamy, and indulging. They are easy to put together. The main reason why I love this recipe is that it takes way less time than a big-sized Cheesecake.
Makes for individual portions. Freezes quickly and requires just 5-minutes of prep. These Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes are perfect for small parties or Potluck.
I love to make this for my kid's parties or just at home for a nice weekend dessert! It's always fun to bake something quick for the family and enjoy it all together!
Ingredients needed to make Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
To make the Crust:
- Melted Unsalted Butter
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
To make the Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
For the topping
- Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
- Heavy Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
How to make Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
Below is just a brief description of the recipe. You can find the full recipe card below and also watch the video for a visual.
Make the Crust - The first step is to make the crust with just 2-ingredients. Yes, it's just Graham Cracker Crumbs and melted Butter. Just combine these two, layer at the bottom of a lined muffin tin, and allow it to get baked for 5-minutes at 350F or 180C.
Pre-baking the crust will give the crust a perfect shape and structure.
Make the Cheesecake Filling - Now, coming to the most amazing part of this recipe - the filling. Combine Cream Cheese (kept at room temperature) with Sour Cream, Peanut Butter, Vanilla, Granulated Sugar, and Eggs.
Add the eggs only after you've beaten all the other ingredients. Do not add the Eggs in the beginning. Add them after you've mixed all the other ingredients.
After adding the eggs don't overmix. Just mix until combined for just about 30-seconds. (Overmixing the Cheesecake filling after adding the Eggs, will result in a dense Cheesecake).
Pour this in the pre-baked crust - Pour the filling in the pre-baked crust. Divide the filling evenly. Fill the Cheesecake filling until the top of the liner.
Bake - Bake the Cheesecake for 15-17 minutes. After the Cheesecake gets baked it will have jiggly centers. In fact, a jiggly center is your indication that the Cheesecake has been baked to perfection.
Freeze - After the Cheesecake gets baked, allow it to freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Freezing the Cheesecake is very important as that will give shape to this Cheesecake.
The hardest part about baking these Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes is to allow it the freezing time. I know it will test your patience, but trust me, the end result is worth the wait.
I like to refrigerate these Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes overnight. However, remember to cover the Cheesecakes with plastic wrap and then refrigerate them.
Tips to bake the perfect Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- Proper Cream Cheese - The secret to the best Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes is a good quality Cream Cheese. You should use full-fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese blocks for the best result.
- Room Temperature Cream Cheese - Make sure that the Cream Cheese is at room temperature before use.
- Eggs - Make sure the Eggs are at room temperature before use
- Creamy Peanut butter - Go for creamy thick Peanut Butter for this recipe. Do not go for oily peanut butter. It will just spoil the texture of this Cheesecake.
- Do not over-mix - Do not over-mix the Cheesecake filling. Over beating the batter will make a lot of air bubbles in the filling resulting in cheesecakes that have sunk inside.
- Add the Eggs at last - Add the Eggs, only after you've mixed all the other ingredients. Just beat for 30-seconds or until the Eggs just combine.
- Chill the Cheesecake - Just like all Cheesecakes, this too requires chilling time after getting baked. But the time is surely less than a big cheesecake and that what we love about this recipe
An Easy Dessert Recipe for the Crowd
This Mini Peanut Butter cheesecake makes for a perfectly easy and quick dessert recipe, especially perfect for a crowd. They get baked in the Muffin tin which means you can bake at least 12 at once. If you have a large oven then double or triple the amount and it's always such an easy treat.
This recipe is so hassle-free and easy to put together. Seriously, even if you doubt your Cheesecake baking skills you will surely be acing this Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes recipe. It's so easy and absolutely delicious.
How to store Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
You can store leftover Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes in an air-tight box in the refrigerator for a week. They are going to remain absolutely perfect for a week.
You can also freeze these. Just wrap them up tightly with plastic wrap and then again with a foil wrap and then store in a zip-lock freezer-friendly bag. These will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, of course!
You can prebake the crust, allow it to cool down and then, wrap the entire muffin tin with plastic wrap and then again with aluminum foil and freeze it
Similarly, just make the Peanut Butter Cheesecake filling and store this in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
You do not even have to thaw the crust before baking these Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes. Just pour the Cheesecake filling and bake for 3-4 extra minutes.
Other Recipes You will love
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
- No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
- Cherry Lemon Cheesecake Chimichangas
- The Best Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
I hope you liked this recipe. If you liked this recipe and happen to make this, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- 1 CUP Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 stick Melted Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1 large Egg at room temperature
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- To make the Crust combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Stir to combine and it reaches a wet sand-like texture. Line a muffin tin with muffin tin liners. Place the crumbs at the bottom of the pan. Press it firmly down. Bake for 5 minutes at 350F or 180C. After it gets baked, allow it to cool down for 20-minutes.
- In a bowl, combine Cream Cheese with Sour Cream, Vanilla, Creamy Peanut Butter, and Granulated Sugar. After the mixture is combined, add the Egg and beat just for 30 seconds or just until it gets combined. Do not overbeat after breaking in the Egg.
- Place the Peanut Butter Cheesecake filling over the baked and cooled crusts. Fill it till the rim of the liner. Bake these Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes at 350F or 180C for 15-17 minutes.
- After these Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes get baked, allow them to cool down to room temperature in the muffin pan itself for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to the freezer and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the Chocolate Frosting, melt unsweetened Chocolate Chips with heavy cream in a bowl. As it melts, stir until smooth. Place it over the Cooled Cheesecakes. Decorate with more Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Shavings and serve.