Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust in a Muffin pan is one of the easiest recipes that you can make for your Fall celebrations.
My family loves Mini Cheesecakes, especially during holidays. My two boys are mad over cheesecakes. Especially the mini ones.
Talking about Cheesecakes, have you seen my Caramel Apple Crumble Cheesecake recipe. You should definitely try it out.
I picked up this recipe while I was watching an episode of Masterchef Australia and it is there that I thought, that I should make Pumpkin Cheesecake with a gingersnap crust.
The day I made it, my family went crazy over it. My husband was so impressed that he asked me to make it again the very next day. He went to the shop and got me all that I needed. Because he was dying to have some more of this goodness.
As a mother, wife, and homemaker who lives to make her family a happy place, this felt so special.
Ever since that day, I have made this recipe countless times and I am proud to say it out loud in my blog in front of y'all - It has been delicious every single time.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes:
The best part about having a mini cheesecake is that you can a full-fledged individualized cheesecake for each one of us.
And, the best part about these Mini Pumpkin cheesecakes is that you get to enjoy the flavors of Pumpkin Pie and Mini Cheesecake in one single bite.
Isn't that something that we all love?
Ingredients I have used to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake?
In this recipe, I have used the following ingredients.
- Unsalted Butter - to moisten the cookie crumb.
- Gingersnap Cookie Crumbs - I have used a food processor to make these cookie crumbs. You can also use graham cracker crumb to make the crust.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- Cream Cheese - make sure the cream cheese is thick. This will make sure your cheesecake filling is creamy.
- Vanilla- Just a touch of vanilla makes baking so flavorful and fragrant.
- Ground Cinnamon - Can you imagine a fall dessert, without cinnamon? Umm! I guess, No.
- Ground Nutmeg - Nutmeg brings a beautiful fragrance along with a muted nuttiness along with cinnamon
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - This is the real secret ingredient to get that authentic Pumpkin Pie like the taste. I just love it.
- Ground Ginger - Ginger brings in a muted and subtle earthiness in these cheesecakes.
- Pumpkin Puree - Yup! The star of the show. I have used canned Pumpkin Puree here.
- Egg - Eggs are important for binding. They make the cheesecake firm and improves its texture significantly.
- Kosher Salt - Salt brings out the flavors of the ingredients.
- Corn starch - Corn starch will make sure your cheesecake doesn't crack on the top.
The Perfect Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
In this recipe, I have used gingersnap cookie crumb to make the crust. Along with that I have used Melted Butter to moisten it and then poured it in the muffin tin lined with cupcake liners and pre-bake them for 5-minutes at 350F.
You can also use graham crackers to make the crust. But, my tastebuds and my biggest critic - my family - tells me that gingersnap crumbs make the best crust for these mini cheesecakes.
To make the Mini Cheesecakes, I have had to make the cheesecake batter. And, for the cheesecake batter, I have kept the recipe really easy, and no fuss.
So, first, whisk cream cheese and sugar and then add some vanilla and Pumpkin Pie spice.
I love a little spice while making anything Pumpkin, so besides Pumpkin Pie Spice, I have also added 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg, 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger.
Then we add our eggs. Add eggs is important because it helps in binding. And also provides a proper structure to our mini cheesecakes.
Lastly, the star of the show - Pumpkin Puree, enters the scene!
Mix well and your Pumpkin Cheesecake filling is ready! Wasn't that easy?
Now simply pour the filling up to the top and then bake these cute ones until they are done.
Once they are done cool them down completely before serving.
Some Essential Tips from My Kitchen to Make the Best Pumpkin Cheesecake:
These are some essential tips that I have learned over the years while making this recipe again and again. And, I definitely think that they would help you a lot.
Top Tips to make the Best and most traditional Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Use a Light-colored Muffin Pan instead of a dark-colored Muffin Pan. This will make sure that your cheesecakes are baked evenly.
- Cool the cheesecake completely before serving. First, cool them down for at least 20-minutes with the oven door cracked open. Then cool them for additional 30-minutes at room temperature IN THE MUFFIN PAN ITSELF. Then transfer to the cooling rack and let them cool for at least 1-hour before you serve.
- Fill the Cups until the top.
- Do not overbeat while making the Pumpkin Cheesecake filling.
Easy Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe:
Guys, this is like the perfect Holiday dessert and that too served in the form of a cupcake! I am sure this recipe would make an excellent option on your Thanksgiving Dessert table.
A quick and easy dessert that carries the deliciousness of a classic and traditional Pumpkin Pie and also manages to carry the modish vibes of a cheesecake.
Also try these thanksgiving desserts
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Fudge
- Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
How to Store Mini Cheesecakes?
If you have any leftovers, then you can keep them in the refrigerator covered with a lid. It will stay absolutely intact for up to a week.
In case you want to store it in the freezer, then wrap each mini cheesecake with a cling wrap/plastic wrap/saran wrap and keep it in the freezer. Or else you can use a freezer bag and place all of them in that bag and pop it in the freezer.
Can I make ahead this recipe?
Yes, absolutely yes!
First bake the crust, cool it down, and wrap it tightly with a plastic wrap. Make sure you don't leave any space for air to penetrate and pop it in the freezer.
Second, make the filling as per the instructions and cover it with a plastic wrap. Pop it in the refrigerator and it would stay fine.
Lastly, when you have to make it, you can keep them out for an hour or two at room temperature. Once they are at room temperature you can follow the rest of the recipe instructions to make your cheesecake.
Other Pumpkin dessert recipes perfect for Thanksgiving
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- Easiest Pumpkin Earthquake Cake
- Penne in Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce with Toasted Pecans
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Simple Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- The Simplest Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
- 1 Cup Gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
Maple Whipped Cream Topping
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream about 9 Tablespoons
- 6 Teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a food processor, mix a few gingersnap cookies. Take the gingersnap crumbs in a bowl. Add butter and mix well using a fork. It should have a wet-sand like consistency.Divide it evenly among the Muffin tin. (I added about 1 and 1/2 Tablespoon in each cup). Press firmly using the back of your spoon or a glass. Pre-Bake the crust in the pre-heated oven for 5-minutes. Cool it down at room temperature for more 5-minutes
- In a large Mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream. Mix until it gets creamy.Add egg, Pumpkin Puree, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Ginger, Corn starch, and salt. Beat just until everything gets combined. (DO NOT OVERBEAT)Fill each muffin cup all the way up to the top with the filling.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 350°F or 180°C for 25-minutes or until the center is set. Cool them down in the oven with the oven door, slightly cracked open for at least 20-minutes. Bring them to room temperature and cool them down in the muffin tin for additional 20-30 minutes.Take them out from the muffin tin and let them cool down for another 1 hour.
- In a small bowl take some whipping cream and pure maple syrup. Whip with a stand mixer or hand mixer until you see stiff peaks. Take it in a piping bag and once the mini cheesecakes are set, do the frosting.ENJOY!