No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie dough bars are a quick and easy snack/dessert which is both healthy and tasty. Here's a baked version of the same recipe - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (aka Pan Chewies)
Did you try these White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars?
No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars
During Summers, we all look for No-Bake Desserts. right? Well, today it's really hot out here. I mean you cannot live a moment without the AC turned up.
And, I am not feeling like cooking anything. But, yeah!! I can make a dessert.
But there are following conditions:
- It has got to have loads of chocolate chips in it.
- There is gotta be a bite to it.
- It shouldn't taste too flour-y.
- It shouldn't take too much time in the refrigerator.
- It shouldn't require many ingredients.
- It should be healthy.
- And... It should taste really really yummy!!!
Well, that's a lot of should and shouldn't right? But, that's okay! These reasons were more than enough to convince me...
This Easy Peasy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars are super-easy, healthy, and really really tasty!
Let's quickly take a look at the things you'd need to make these bars.
Ingredients needed for Cookie dough bars
- Almond Flour + Oatmeal Flour - You can totally replace this with Coconut flour and Oatmeal flour
- Medjool Dates - Dates are a super healthy substitute for refined sugar.
- Tahini - I just love Tahini. It adds that nuttiness. Can be replaced with Cashew Butter or Almond Butter.
- Pure Maple Syrup - Make sure you only use pure maple syrup.
- Pure Vanilla Extract - A little touch of vanilla goes a long way to get that flavorful taste.
- Chocolate Chips - I love using dark unsweetened chocolate chips. You can replace them with vegan or dairy-free chocolate chips if you want.
How to Make No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars
Step 1: Blend to form a "Sticky" Dough
In a food processor blend Almond Flour, Medjool Dates, Tahini, Pure Maple Syrup, and Pure Vanilla Extract.
Once you blend them, get them out in a bowl. Add chocolate chips and make it into a ball. (just like a cookie dough)
Step 2: Press it down in a baking tray and Freeze
Press this down into a lined baking tray. Freeze for 15-20 minutes until it is completely set.
Step 3: Melt Chocolate
Melt dark chocolate chunks with coconut oil. You can either use a double boiler to melt your chocolate or you can simply microwave it at 30-second increment.
Step 4: Pour Melted chocolate
Get the baking tray out of your freezer. Take out your cookie dough using the ends of the parchment paper. Unwrap the parchment paper and pour melted chocolate on top. Smoothen the top with an off-set spatula.
Step 5: Get it back into the freezer
Get it back into the freezer for 10-minutes. Once set, cut it into bars and serve with some sea salt sprinkled on top.
How Do I Store these Bars?
You can keep them refrigerated in an air-tight container or a plastic ziplock bag for up to a week. You can also freeze these bars for up to 2-months.
Are dates a healthy sweetener?
Refined Sugar is so not healthy for you. But, these Medjool dates are a healthy natural sweetener that can totally be used in place of refined sugar. Besides being a natural sweetener Medjool dates are packed with antioxidants, fiber, and nutrients. They keep your heart healthy, improves immunity, and prevents DNA damage.
How to cut cookie bars evenly?
My major concern about making No Bake Cookie Bars is cutting them evenly. And, you know, I am such a perfectionist, I get caught up in details.
But these tips have always helped me cut out bars evenly.
- Always use a large Chef's knife.
- Dip Knife in hot water and wipe it dry using a paper towel.
- Use a ruler to cut out equal bars.
- Always cut from the center and then divide the two halfs equally.
Can I use Coconut Flour?
Of course you can use coconut flour. But, I would suggest you to use a combination of Almond Flour and Coconut Flour. Or a Combination of Coconut Flour and Oatmeal Flour.
I have seen that when you mix two flours your bars get a better texture.
How to Melt Chocolate like a Pro?
Melting Chocolate is a tricky business. You don't want to cook chocolate, you just want it to melt.
Basically there are two ways in which you can melt chocolate:
- Double Boiler - One of the most common ways to melt chocolate is by using a double boiler. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Don't fill it up to the rim. Lower the heat and place a heat-proof bowl on top. Add Chocolate Chips or Chocolate bars into the bowl. Keep the heat on low and stir until the chocolate becomes silky smooth.
- Microwave - The second most popular way to melt chocolate is by microwaving it. Place Chocolate Chips or Dark Chocolate chunks in a microwave-safe bowl. Place it in the oven for 20- seconds and use a spoon to stir at every 20-second interval. Repeat until the chocolate is just smooth and not burnt.
Why Should I Use Coconut Oil while Melting Chocolate?
Coconut oil hardens chocolate faster. Moreover, Coconut Oil, makes chocolate thick. That is the reason we have used coconut oil along with melted chocolate.
Other than that, Coconut has a nice nutty and a sweet taste which makes the chocolate taste even better.
How Do I make Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars?
To make Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars just replace regular Chocolate Chips with Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. And, that's just it. With a single replacement you can turn this cookie dough bars vegan.
Other Popular Bars
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted (about 100-150grams)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup oatmeal flour
- ¼ cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark unsweetened chocolate chips
- 3 oz dark chocolate bars can replace with 90grams chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Blend ingredients in a food processor until it becomes "sticky" and comes together like a ball.
- Take the ball out in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add chocolate chips and stir lightly with a spatula to combine.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the cookie dough into the baking tray. Press it down and freeze until it completely sets.
- Melt dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips with coconut oil in microwave or in a double boiler. It should be silky smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate on the cookie dough bars and freeze for another 10-15 minutes.
- Cut them into bars and serve.