Cherry Lemon Cheesecake Chimichangas with a creamy Cheesecake filling and Lemon sugar Cherry filling is more than a delicious dessert recipe..! Perfect Summer dessert, to enjoy with evening tea or after dinner or at any time of the day, this is the best and super delicious Chimichanga recipe there is...!
Hello guys! The last day of August calls for some Summer celebrations and there is nothing more that screams summer than berries and cherries. Today, on this very Sunny and hot summer day, I am so excited to share this delicious Cherry Cheesecake Chimichangas with you guys!
It is not just delicious, but so creamy and sweet from the inside and the zesty lemon sugar does the magic of bringing everything together making it the perfect combination of sweet and sour - just how we love our Summer desserts to be!
Chimichangas are nothing different than just a sweet burrito. It's so easy to make and is a superb dessert. Also, this makes for a perfect snacks recipe. Before the Summer runs out, make my Mango Cheesecake Chimichangas.
Cherry and Lemon are one of my favorite combinations. Have you tried my Lemon Cherry Brioche Rolls yet! It is so so so good...!
The Cherry Lemon Cheesecake Filling
Let's talk about the heart of this dessert - the Cherry Cheesecake Filling. It's so simple and so delicious. You will not believe how quickly I made this recipe. It just took me 30 minutes to make this recipe from scratch.
Also, the Cherries I have used are Rainier Cherries, which I have pitted and then dusted it with some Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, and some granulated sugar. Lemon Sugar is just your simple granulated sugar dusted with some lemon zest. It makes your sugar so fragrant and your desserts so yummy! I have just combined all of these to make my Cherry filling.
To make the cheesecake filling, I have just combined Cream cheese with vanilla and granulated sugar and this was all. After this, I just mixed both of these to make my Cherry Cheesecake filling. So easy right...! It hardly takes 10 minutes to do all of this.
How to make Cherry Lemon Cheesecake Chimichangas
So, to make my Cherry Lemon Chimichangas I have followed four basic steps.
The first step is to make the cherry lemon filling. For this, I have pitted my cherries and combined it with lemon juice and lemon zest.
The second step is making the cheesecake filling. For this, I have combined cream cheese with vanilla and granulated sugar. As it got thick and creamy, my cheesecake filling was ready.
The third step is to wrap up the Chimichangas. For this, I have taken a Tortilla. I have first spooned some cheesecake filling in the center and then topped it with some cherry filling, along with some of the remaining lemon sugar syrup. First, I folded the top and bottom parts up to 3/4th and then rolled my Chimichanga and sealed it using a toothpick. It's just like rolling a Burrito. So easy.
The last step is just deep-frying these chimichangas and serving it. I have also drizzled some of the leftover cherry cheesecake filling on top and dusted some more sugar on top...!
And that's all about these delicious Cherry Lemon Cheesecake Chimichangas. So easy and so very delicious.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you make this recipe, then please tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram. Also, leave a rating on this recipe and comment on your suggestions and opinions below.
Cherry Lemon Cheesecake Chimichangas
- 1 cup Pitted Cherries
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 8 oz Cream Cheese 200gm
- ½ cup granulated sugar more to dust on top
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 whole Tortilla
- 1 cup Vegetable oil to fry the chimichangas
- Pit the cherries using a pitter and combine the Cherries with granulated sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, take Cream Cheese along with Granulated Sugar and Vanilla Extract. Combine everything using a handheld mixer for 1 minute at high speed until it thickens.
- Take a Tortilla and place the Cheesecake filling in the center. Then spoon the cherry filling along with the lemon syrup. Start by folding the sides towards the center and then roll it up. Use a toothpick or two to secure it.
- Fry the Chimichangas in vegetable oil, until they turn golden brown.
- Serve the Chimichangas while they are still warm and crispy. Remove the Toothpicks. Drizzle some of the leftover cherry cheesecake filling on top. Dust some sugar on top and serve.