This Carrot Cake with Pineapple and nuts is my favorite Recipe for homemade Carrot Cake. Topped with homemade Cream Cheese Frosting, this is moist, fluffy, and probably the easiest Carrot Cake Recipe from scratch that you can get your hands on.
I love making Old Fashioned Carrot Cake with Pineapple just like my Nana used to make! Generally, people make Carrot Cake during Easter, but I genuinely think that we can and we must make it all year long. Especially, this Carrot Cake recipe, which millions of people have agreed to be the World's Best Carrot Cake Recipe.
I know you must be thinking that I am over-exaggerating my recipe, but trust me once you make it you'll know what I meant. Love Pineapple? Try Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes.
Ingredients for Homemade Carrot Pineapple Cake:
- Flour - I love to use All-Purpose Flour. But, you can use Whole Wheat Flour or any other Gluten-Free Flour for a GF version.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda - These two baking twins are a must for this recipe.
- Spices - Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cloves, & Ground Cinnamon - I love these spices. They help enhance the flavors further.
- Salt - A pinch of Sea Salt is a must when baking Carrot and Pineapple Cake.
- Oil - I prefer Canola Oil. But, you can use any Vegetable oil or Avocado oil to make this cake. Oil makes the Cake Moist.
- Egg and Vanilla - To bring that moist fluffy texture and Vanilla because it's a cake and without Vanilla, it won't get that festive touch!
- Carrots - I like to grate them by hand using a box grater. You can also use the shredding attachment in your food processor.
- Pineapple - I love the fruity flavor of crushed Pineapple in my carrot cake. (I have used Canned Pineapple)
- Nuts - (OPTIONAL) - I like to go with chopped Walnuts while making my Carrot Cake. Pecan nuts works like a charm.
- Cream Cheese Frosting - Typical Cream Cheese Frosting made up of Cream Cheese, Butter, Vanilla, and Granulated Sugar.
How to Make Old Fashioned Carrot Cake Recipe with Pineapple?
- Whisk Dry Ingredients: In a bowl combine flour, Salt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and the spices.
- Whisk Wet Ingredients: In an another bowl combine eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and Oil.
- Pour Wet Ingredients to Dry Ingredients: Now combine Wet Ingredients and Dry Ingredients.
- Fold Grated Carrots, Crushed Pineapple, and Nuts: Now fold in Crushed Pineapple, Grated Carrots, and chopped nuts (walnut/pecan)
- Bake: Pour this into a baking tray lined with Parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Make Cream Cheese Frosting: First whisk Cream Cheese and butter until smooth. Next, add in Pure Vanilla extract, and Granulated Sugar. Beat until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Spread the Frosting: Lastly, once the cake has cooled, spread the frosting on. the cake.
Tips to Make the Best Carrot Cake:
- Make sure the cake cools down completely before doing the frosting, or else the frosting will melt right off.
- Use Oil to make a Moist Carrot Cake.
Bonus Tips to Enhance its taste further
- You can add some rum especially if you are baking this during Christmas or Thanksgiving.
- Rather than adding just nuts, make sure you add toasted coconut and nuts.
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how this turned out.
The Best Carrot Cake Recipe with Pineapple
For Carrot Pineapple Cake
- 2½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Each Ground Cloves, Ground Ginger, Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1¼ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Carrots grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 Cup Crushed Pineapple (drained)
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces full-fat block Cream Cheese softened to room temperature
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line it with Parchment paper.
Make Carrot Cake
- Whisk Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl combine Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Cloves, Ground Ginger, and Ground Nutmeg.
- Whisk wet ingredients: In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl whisk Canola Oil, Dark brown sugar, Eggs, Pure Vanilla Extract, and Pure Vanilla Extract. Whisk with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or handheld mixture on High Speed for 1-minute.
- Mix Wet Ingredients & Dry Ingredients: Now Pour the wet ingredient onto your dry ingredients. Stir well with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Fold Other Ingredients: Now add grated Carrots, Crushed Pineapple, and chopped Walnuts into this. Fold it lightly into the cake batter. Make sure there are no dry flour spots in the batter.
- Bake Cake: Pour this onto your prepared baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
Make Cream Cheese Frosting
- Make Cream Cheese Frosting: In a bowl add Cream Cheese and Butter. Beat on high speed using a stand mixer or handheld mixer. Once it becomes smooth add granulated sugar, and Pure Vanilla Extract. Beat on medium speed for 2-minutes. If it looks too liquidy then add ¼ Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Spread Frosting on Cake: Once the Cake has cooled, spread the frosting on the carrot cake. Refrigerate the cake for another 20-minutes before serving. This helps the frosting set evenly.