Cherry Lemon Brioche Rolls with Whipped Cream is a delicious summer dessert recipe. Made with fresh cherries and Lemon sugar this recipe is a sweet rolls recipe which is sweet, crunchy, buttery, lemony and delicious!
I got the idea for this recipe from the most successful food blogger of our time - Tieghan Gerard's Blog - Half Baked Harvest! I just love love love her blog and she is a constant source of inspiration for me! Yesterday, when I saw her IG story, where she was making this gorgeous recipe, I was certain that I will have to try this tomorrow itself. However, I did not have Raspberries at home, so I made this with Cherries! Also, she did the topping with Ricotta Cheese, which sounds so yum. However, I did mine with Lemon Whipped Cream - Just your usual whipped Cream with some Lemon Zest! It was amazing you guys 🙂 And I must first of all thank Teighan, that her recipe is truly marvelous! It's so delicious and amazing!
So, today morning, equipped with all the ingredients and her recipe by my side, I was certain to bake this recipe. This is a really elaborate recipe! I have baked Banana Cinnamon Rolls before and Orange Cardamom Rolls. But this was different. Brioche in itself os one of my favorite Fresh classic recipes! It's sweet, crunchy, and buttery on the outside and filled with goodness on the inside! When I started with this recipe, it did feel a little overwhelming! Thee are some really important parts to it. If you get that right, you are surely going to get this recipe perfect!
The first part is making the Brioche Dough. Brioche Dough is traditionally made with Honey, Eggs, and other commonly used dough ingredients. So you can make the dough in your food processor.
It'll really ease your workload. I have no food processor at home. So, I just mixed the dough with my wooden spatula and finally with my hands. The dough comes together really quickly and needs no much effort! You need to allow the dough to rest for 1-2 hours. Keep it covered in a warm and humid place. Your dough will double in size!
Next, step is making the Lemon Sugar, which is just the basic combination of Sugar and Lemon Zest! Oh my god, I just love the citrusy and fragrant aroma of Lemon Sugar. Mix the Pitted Cherries with Lemon Sugar and keep aside.
After your dough has risen, dust the work surface with some flour and roll out the dough. Sprinkle the Lemon Sugar on it and also throw in the dusted Cherries. Roll the dough like you roll a Cinnamon Roll. Trim off the edges and cut the roll into pieces. I have cut four pieces of my Roll.
Place the rolls in the baking dish. Allow it to rest for 30 minutes and then bake these at 350F or 180C for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes get it out. Top it with lemon whipped Cream and Cherries! Serve it warm.
See, isn't this a really easy and cool recipe. My family is really going gaga over this recipe. It's so so so good. I just love how cute these rolls look when they get baked. It gets all golden brown and buttery! The bursting cherry and sugar syrup from the inside with the whipped cream on the top is oh so so so good!
If you are trying to make it with Raspberries, like Tieghan originally made this, you can just replace Cherries with Raspberries. In fact, you can replace with any berries you have at home.
It's really important that you allow the dough to rise or else, your rolls won't be soft!
Also, keep in mind that these rolls are sweet rolls. So you do not need a lot of cinnamon into flavoring this. Just 1/4 teaspoon will be enough.
You can make it with your favorite gluten-free flour as well.
You can store this covered with a plastic or aluminum wrap in the refrigerator. Before having it, heat it in full power in the oven for just 1 minute. Since it's summers, I really don't think it'll be a good idea to keep it on the counter.
So, that was all about this wonderful summer brioche rolls recipe. This is one of my favorite recipes this summer, which I'll definitely be making with all other kinds of berries in the days to come. So, enjoy it!
Cherry Lemon Brioche Rolls with Whipped Cream
For the Dough
- 3 Cup AP Flour
- 1 tablespoon Active dry yeast activated it with warm water and sugar
- ¼ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ Cup Whole Milk Warm
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 2 large Eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter softened
- ½ Cup Cherries pitted
Lemon Whipped Cream
- ½ Cup Whipped Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- In a bowl or in a stand mixer mix all the ingredients - Flour, Cinnamon, Salt, Yeast, Milk, Honey, Eggs, Butter, and Lemon Zest. Mix the dough for 4-5 minutes. It should be a little sticky. If it's to sticky you can dust some flour. Make the dough and keep it covered in a warm and humid place for 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- Make lemon sugar by mixing Lemon Zest and Granulated sugar. Also, dust some pitted cherries with it.
- Dust your rolling board with flour and roll the dough. Sprinkle some flour if it's too sticky, it'll help you roll the dough easily. Once you've rolled it, spread butter over it generously and then sprinkle the lemon sugar and cherries on it. And roll it like you roll a Cinnamon Roll.Cut out the edges and cut your rolls in the desired length. Place them in the baking tray and allow it to rest for 30 minutes at least.
- Bake your Brioche Rolls in a Preheated oven at 350F or 180 C for 30 minutes.
- For the topping whip the heavy cream for 3 minutes until it turns light and fluffy. Add the sugar and lemon zest and mix well with a rubber spatula. Spread this topping over your Cherry Lemon Brioche Rolls. Top with some more fresh Cherries. ( You can also use Ricotta Cream or Cream Cheese).
- This can be made with any berries of your choice. You do not need to thaw frozen berries for this recipe.