Easy, zesty, and refreshing, these Lemon Coconut Truffles with White Chocolate are in true sense the best desserts of summers. It's easy, it's no-bake and is so delicious! Made with White Chocolate, Desiccated Coconuts, Lemon Juice, and Lemon Zest, these Lemon Coconut Truffles are sweet and sour truffles with a nutty flavor of Coconuts in every bite.
White Chocolate Lemon Coconut Truffles
Be it the Summers or the Winters, I think, it's always a great idea to make Truffles. I know, it's definitely a winter favorite, but what could I possibly do. I couldn't resist making these Lemon Coconut Truffles, after all that screams summer more than lemons?
Be it my Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake or my Lemon Poppyseed Bread, I am seriously in love with Citrus desserts. Previously when my friends used to rave about their favorite Citrus desserts, I was the odd one out. I always thought that the idea of using lemon in a dessert is kind of non-motivating. Well, not anymore! These White Chocolate Lemon Coconut Truffles totally proved that thought wrong!
Let's talk about the taste
These White Chocolate Lemon Coconut Truffles have citrus and sweet taste to it. There is a creaminess of white chocolate to every bite and the zestiness of Lemon is all throughout this dessert. Most importantly, Coconut elevates the taste and texture of these truffles, making them crunchy and nutty!
How to make White Chocolate Lemon Coconut Truffles?
These White Chocolate Citrus Coconut Truffles are so easy. There are just 5 basic steps involved in making these.
Step 1: First take a Pan over a double boiler and melt the White Chocolate, Butter, and Heavy Whipping Cream in it. Stir continuously until it gets well combined. It is very important that you use a double boiler to melt these three ingredients. White Chocolate is very temperamental, which means it can get burned very quickly, so it's best to melt it over a double boiler.
Step 2: Once your Chocolate mix is smooth and silky, you can go ahead and add the Lemon Juice, the Lemon Zest, and Yellow food color. Yellow Food Color is totally optional. Although, if you use it, it'll give a nice Yellow color to your Lemon Truffles. I have used Gel Food Color which is easily available online these days. Just a single drop of this gel food color works like magic and makes your recipe stand out with vibrant yellow color. Add the Desiccated Coconuts and mix well.
Step 3: Cool down the mixture. You can take it all up in a bowl and cool it down to room temperature and then freeze it for 1-2 hours. Once it gets frozen, it'll make it so much easier to make Truffles out of these.
Step 4: After your mixture has set, take a spoon of it and roll it into a ball. It's okay if it doesn't come out to be perfect circles now. You can just shape it roughly into circles now and freeze it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, get it out of the freezer and re-shape it. This is a very essential tip which I think will make sure that all your Truffles or Cake Pops have a proper circular shape.
Step 5: Once your Lemon Truffles have been sitting in the freezer for 1 hour, get them out and coat them with granulated sugar and serve! This needs to be served chilled. Since its the summers, very quickly it'll lose its shape. So, serve immediately. Don't worry, it won't be rock hard. Rolling it in sugar makes it softer and by the time you have it, these almost melt in your mouth with every bite!
Tips to make the perfect Lemon Truffles
- Always melt the White Chocolate on a double boiler. This will account for smooth and silky white chocolate which is lump free and easy to use.
- You can also add some Condensed Milk or Cream Cheese for making these truffles.
- Always allow the truffles to get frozen before you shape them. All it needs is time to get into their shapes.
So, that's all about these delicious White Chocolate Lemon Coconut Truffles. They are sweet, citrusy and so delicious. Make these truffles and enjoy it with your family. I know it involves a lot of freezing and while you might get bored waiting for your Truffles to get into shapes, take a nap or watch a show or finish off your errands, no one will judge! It's the Summers...!
If you happen to make this recipe please provide a rating on this recipe and comment below. I love to go through your comments. Also, be sure to tag me on Instagram with #recipemagik on your photo.
White Chocolate Lemon Coconut Truffles
- 9 oz White Chocolate 250gm
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- ⅔ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 drop Yellow Gel Food Color optional
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Melt the White Chocolate along with Heavy Cream and Butter over a double boiler. Stir until it gets smooth, silky, and lump-free.
- Add the Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest. Add the Yellow Gel food color and mix well until combined. Add the Desiccated Coconut and combine it well.
- Take this all up in a different bowl and cool it down. Once it's cooled to room temperature, freeze it for 1-2 hours.
- Once it sets, take a spoon of it or use a melon scooper and shape it into balls. If it's not perfect circles now, relax, because once it gets frozen for some more time, you can give it the proper shape. Freeze these truffles for 30-45 minutes and re-shape them.
- After about 1 hour in the freezer, coat them with granulated sugar and serve immediately.
Ask Me Anything