Soft, Sweet, Lemony, and Nutty Flavored Coconut Loaf Cake is easy to make Summer Loaf Cake or Lemon bread recipe. It's made with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and coconut milk. This is an Eggless Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake recipe which bakes in 35 minutes to perfection. It is then cooled to room temperature and glazed with a Lemon-Sugar glaze. This Cake reminds me of my last tropical holidays to Seychelles. It's so zesty and refreshing! Also, the color looks like a bright yellow sun on a clear sky Summer day 🙂
THIS IS HOW I MADE IT 🙂
Let's talk about the Taste
Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake has a sweet and nutty flavor to complement the citrus flavor. It's just perfect for summer breakfast or dessert.
The temperature here in Cleveland is finally getting better and it's starting to feel a lot like Summers. Yesterday was a very hot and sultry day here. I baked this cake yesterday because you know how I love Sunday baking and today I'm here to share it with y'all.
I always get confused as to call Loaf Cake a breakfast cake or a dessert. I like to enjoy it with my evening coffee, especially during summertime. I also love at night with coffee. This Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake just fills my heart with that awesome citrusy flavors which I just love in my desserts especially in the summer months. Also, that bright Yellow color, gets me so excited to have a bite of this the moment it comes out freshly baked from the oven 🙂
How to Bake the perfect Lemon Loaf Cake
I am a huge lover of Lemon Desserts, especially during this Spring- Summer time of the year. Have you tried my Lemon Cookies or Lemon Blueberry Scones or Lemon Poppyseed Bread recipes yet! They are year-round recipes which my readers always love and rave with great reviews.
Baking a Lemon Loaf Cake is so easy. All you got to do is add in fresh lemon zest and lemon juice to your batter o butter and sugar.
Let me tell you when you mix butter, sugar, and lemon zest, it's going to smell so awesome. You should really take a pinch of that and taste it! It's really very good and aromatic 🙂
So basically there are 4 basic steps into baking this Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake
First add Softened Butter, Brown Sugar, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Sour Cream, Coconut Milk, and White Vinegar in a bowl and mix it well using a wooden or silicone spatula. You can also use a handheld mixer or stand mixer to mix these ingredients.
Next, add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder in the batter and mix well.
Now, Pour your Batter in a loaf cake tin and bake your Lemon Coconut Loaf cake at 350°F or 180°C for 35-40 minutes. Once it's baked cool it down to room temperature.
Finally, Get the bread out and top with some Lemon Sugar glaze. (Remember to cool the bread before you drizzle the icing on top. Or else the bread will soak all the icing and you'll have a very soggy bread)
So, that's it! That's how you make this perfect Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake. Isn't it just so easy!
Some important tips to bake the Best Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake
- Always use freshly squeezed lemon juice for intense flavors.
- Lemon Zest is the key to getting that Lemon-y flavor and fragrance.
- You can also add a shredded coconut in this recipe. Just add it while making your batter.
How to make Gluten-Free Lemon Loaf Cake
You can use Coconut Flor to make gluten-free Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake. Don't use Almond flour as this will just not gel with the Lemon flavors.
How to know when your Lemon Coconut Pound Cake is done?
- You'll know that your cake is done only when you have a springy top, it breaks apart a little from the top and your home smells like something has been freshly baked.
What if my Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake does not rise?
If your Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake did not rise, it's probably because it had a lot of moisture content in it. Your Loaf Cake batter should not be too thin and ribbon-like. You cannot fix it at this stage by adding more flour. So, what you can do is lower the temperature of your oven and bake your cake for another 5-10 minutes or until you get a crusty top. Cool down the cake completely and freeze it for an hour before you cut out slices.
Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake
- 1 Cup Salted Butter melted
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoon Coconut Milk
- ½ teaspoon White Vinegar
- 1½ Cup AP Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- First, preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and line a loaf cake tin with parchment paper.
- Now in a bowl take the Wet ingredients - Butter, Brown Sugar, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Sourcream, Coconut Milk and White Vinegar. Mix everything well until well combined.
- Next add the dry ingredients - AP Flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder to this and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the lined loaf tin and bake for 35-40 minutes. It should have a springy top. Once baked cool it down completely.
- Glaze the Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake with lemon sugar glaze and cut slices.
- You can use 1 Egg in place of White Vinegar
- You can replace sour cream with Buttermilk or Yogurt
- You can also add shredded coconut in the batter and also on the top for decoration and a deeper nutty flavor.
- To make a Gluten-Free Lemon Coconut Loaf Cake, use Coconut Flour.
Gina Smith says
I just love this Coconut and Lemon flavor combination. This loaf cake recipe is truly amazing.