Classic Lemon meringue pies makes for a quick and easy lemon treat. Lemon Meringue Pies with a buttery biscuit base, filled with luscious lemon curd and topped with soft as air meringue is a favorite dessert.
These Mini Lemon Meringue Pies gets easily baked and are loved by everyone. These are super decadent, luscious and the best part, not too sweet!
Isn't that the best part about all Lemon Desserts? Do You love Lemon Desserts?
Well, I certainly do! Lemon desserts are not too sweet and feels like a perfect quick treat for any occasion.
Individual Lemon Meringue Pies with biscuit base
So these Lemon Meringue Pies are so easy to make and are a definite treat to feed the crowd.
Rather than making a single pie, you can easily make these in the muffin tin or mini tart dishes. And then simply bake and serve them to your guests.
I love individual serving desserts.
They are so easy to serve to the crowd and everyone loves them! Its so much better than baking a one large cake and serving small bites to everyone! I find it so rude!
So better go with some easy dessert which you can quickly make a big batch and serve the crowd.
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bites (NO-BAKE)
- Mango Mascarpone Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- No-Bake Mini Blackberry Cheesecake
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Mini Banana Cheesecakes
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cups
- No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake
- No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake Cups
- Individual Lemon Meringue Pies with biscuit base
- Best Lemon Meringue pie Recipe
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pie with biscuit base
- Lemon meringue Pie with Sweetened Condensed Milk? Yes Please!
- Ingredients needed to make Lemon Meringue Pie
- How to make Biscuit Base Lemon Meringue Pie with Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Making the Biscuit Base
- Making the Lemon Curd Filling
- Making the Meringue
- Baking Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
- Top Tips to bake the Best Mini Lemon Meringue pies
- More Lemon Desserts
- The Best and (Most) Traditional Lemon Meringue Pies
Best Lemon Meringue pie Recipe
- Easy to make
- Gets ready really quickly
- Same recipe can be used to make a whole pie
- Uses simple pantry staple ingredients
- Perfect to feed the crowd
Mini Lemon Meringue Pie with biscuit base
I use graham cracker crumbs to make a quick base for these pies. It tastes so good. It really compliments the tart of the lemon curd and the sweetness of the meringue
Lemon Meringue Pie with Graham Cracker Crust is actually the easiest way to make a quick Lemon Meringue Pie.
The Graham Cracker Crust is buttery, sweet and a perfect contrast to the luscious lemon curd filling and the sweet and light meringue topping.
Lemon meringue Pie with Sweetened Condensed Milk? Yes Please!
I love to use sweetened Condensed milk for all my Lemony dessert.
Besides from adding a perfect amount of sweetness to the dessert, it also helps in thickening the filling which is so helpful, especially when you want to make a quick Lemon Meringue Pie to serve guests ASAP!
Ingredients needed to make Lemon Meringue Pie
Mini Lemon Meringue Pie needs the same ingredients as to a whole Lemon Meringue Pie. These are very simple pantry staple ingredients which you can find easily at any nearby grocery store.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Kosher Salt
- Egg Yolks
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Lemon juice
- Lemon Zest
- Unsalted Butter
- Yellow Food Color
- Egg Whites
- Cream of Tartar
- Confectioner's Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Biscuit Base Lemon Meringue Pie with Sweetened Condensed Milk
Making the Biscuit Base
- Combine Graham Cracker Crumbs with sugar, kosher salt and butter in a food processor
- Pulse until combined
- Transfer to greased tart dishes or lined muffin tins
- Bake @350F for 10 min
Making the Lemon Curd Filling
- To make the lemon curd filling, combine egg yolks in a small mixing bowl, set aside
- Heat a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the sweetened condensed milk, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, cornstarch and granulated sugar.
- Whisk until combine and the sugar dissolves
- Turn down the heat to medium
- Add the whisked egg yolks in a streaming motion while whisking the lemon mixture constantly
- The lemon filling will bubble and be thin in the beginning. But after about 5 min, it will thicken.
- Add the lemon filling in the baked crust
Making the Meringue
- Add the egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment
- Beat over medium speed for 1 min
- Increase the speed and beat at high speed for 4-5 min
- Add the confectioner's sugar, salt and vanilla extract
- Beat for 2-3 more minutes until stiff peaks form
- Layer over the filling
Baking Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
- Transfer the mini lemon meringue pies to a large sheet pan
- Position the pan in the lowest rack of the oven
- Bake @350F for 20-25 min
Remember to get the baked Mini Lemon Meringue pies out of the oven and cool down on a wire rack for an hour.
Hint: Refrigerate the Lemon Pies for at least 3-4 hours before you serve them. Refrigerating baked lemon meringue pies allows the meringue to harden on the outside while it remains soft and fluffy on the inside.
Top Tips to bake the Best Mini Lemon Meringue pies
- To avoid the pie crust from getting soggy, its best to use a biscuit base for making Lemon Meringue Pies
- If you;re using a pie crust, blind bake the pie crust before adding the lemon curd filling
- After adding the egg yolks to the lemon curd, whisk until combined so that the mixture thickens
- Beat meringue into soft peaks before using it
- Make sure the meringue touches the crust so that it doesn't weep while getting baked.
More Lemon Desserts
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
- Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Mascarpone Frosting
- Lemon Chiffon Pie
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
The Best and (Most) Traditional Lemon Meringue Pies
for the biscuit base
- 250 gm Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
for the lemon curd filling
- 5 Egg Yolks
- ¾ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest freshly grated zest of about two lemons
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Yellow gel food color optional
for the meringue
- 5 Egg Yolks
- ½ teaspoon Cream of tartar
- ⅔ cup confectioner's sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites. Keep the egg whites in the refrigerator meanwhile.
- Combine Graham Crackers with melted butter, granulated sugar and kosher salt in a food processor until you get fine crumbs
- Arrange them in mini tart dishes or a lined muffin tin. Place the oven rach in the lowest position and bake for about 10 min
- Whisk the egg yolks and beat using a balloon whisk until combined through. Set aside. Heat a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the water, lemon juice, lemon zest, sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch, salt and granulated sugar. Whisk and combine. The mixture will eventually thicken after about 5-6 min
- Add the egg yolks slowly in a streaming motion while you keep whisking the mixture. Reduce the heat to medium. Whisk until the egg yolks combine with the mixture. Remove from the heat. Add the yellow food color and butter and whisk lightly until combined. Set aside. (do not let the mixture cool down for a long time)
- Add the filling over the baked bases.
- To make the Meringue, use a stand mixture with paddle attachment. Add the egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat this over medium speed for about a minute. Gradually increase the speed to high and beat for about 4-5 minutes until stiff peaks formNow, add the sugar and salt and beat for 2 more minutes until stiff peaks form
- Add the meringue over the filling. You can take the meringue in a piping bag fitted with your favorite nozzle and frost the meringue over the filling like I did.
- Make sure you add the meringue touching the base so that the meringue doesn't weep.
- Transfer the Lemon Pies in a large sheet pan baking dish. Bake the lemon pies in the lowest rack of the oven for 20-25 min.
- When the pies get baked, remove them from the oven. Transfer to a wire rack for them to cool down for about an hour. Then refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours before you serve.
Very delicious lemon meringue pies! Just loved the zesty lemon curd filling and for the buttery pie crust recipe I used your recipe and absolutely loved it!