Sweet and Summery these delicious Mango Cheesecake Chimichangas are a summer family favorite dessert. It has a sweet Mango Cheesecake filling on the inside and is wrapped like a Burrito and deep-fried and dusted with some Cinnamon Sugar for that extra sweetness! A truly unique Mango recipe, which you'll love for sure!
Hey you guys! Happy Friday. How quickly this week went by! Also since today is the last day of July and it's almost the end of Mango season here, I thought of making a sweet dessert to bid adieu to the Mango season for this year. I just love working with Mangos. Everyone in my family just loves Mangoes. Although I am not a huge Mango lover, Summers is truly synonymous with Mangoes and I especially love it when you get to make some awesome desserts with it - especially the color gets me so happy, have you tried my Eggless Mango Mousse or my Eggless Mango Cake yet?
Chimichangas are a classic savory Tex-Mex recipe. Basically it's a deep-fried Burrito. It is generally made with flour Tortilla which is stuffed with Chicken or Pulled Pork or any choice of Meat or Vegetables. Today, I thought of doing something different and I planned on making these Mango Cheesecake Chimichangas. It's basically a cross between the Mango Cheesecake and these Chimichangas.
Mango is one fruit that is so sweet in itself that you really need very little sugar when you're using it in recipes. I don't like the flavor fo baked Mangoes. But when you combine Mango with Cream Cheese, it gives a very balanced - a perfect combination of sweet and sour flavor which is so earthy and simple, and yet you cannot ever forget the flavors!
Here are the steps:
This Mango Cheesecake Chimichanga is actually a really easy recipe involving just 3 basic steps.
Step 1: You start by making the Cheesecake filling. The Cheesecake filling is nothing like your usual Cheesecake. It's rather simple. Just combine some Cream Cheese with Granulated Sugar, Honey, and Vanilla Extract until it gets thick and creamy. Scrape the sides to make a perfect Cheesecake filling. Beat over medium to high speed for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Cut the Mangoes into long strips and fold them in your Cheesecake mixture.
Step 3: Take a flour Tortilla and slather the Mango Cream Cheese mix in it and wrap it up like a burrito. Seal the lower thirds and then fold it over like a roll. Use a toothpick to seal it.
Step 4: Deep fry your Mango Cheesecake Chimichangas in hot oil until both sides get golden brown and dust with some Cinnamon Sugar before you serve it.
See, it's that easy!
Mango Cheesecake Chimichangas
- 16 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Whole Mango Chopped
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- 4 Pieces Flour Tortillas
- 2 tablespoon Cinnamon Sugar Mix
Making the Mango Cheesecake Filling
- Combine cream cheese with granulated sugar, honey and vanilla extract. Beat it with an electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for at least 3-minutes.Scrape the sides and beat again for an additional 1 minute.
- Cut the Mangoes into long strips and fold them into your cheesecake mix.
Making the Chimichangas
- Take a flour tortilla and slather it with Mango cream cheese mix. Wrap it up like a burrito. Seal the lower thirds and fold it over like a roll. Use a toothpick to seal it. For better understanding refer to the video.
- Deep Fry your chimichangas in a skillet with hot oil until both sides get golden brown.
- Take them out. Dust them with some cinnamon sugar mix. Top with some cream cheese mix and chopped mangoes. Serve.