Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes are delicious little cheesecake with a graham cracker and butter crust, topped with some cheesecake, and finally topped with some Blueberry Pie Filling. It's an easy and indulging summer dessert recipe.
Hey you guys! It's the middle of Summers and I am so excited to share another classic Blueberry recipe with y'all. This Mini Blueberry Cheesecake is nothing like any other dessert that you've ever had before. It's sweet, creamy, and of course Berri Licious!
This mouth-watering dessert is really the easiest dessert recipe of all. The combination of sweet and piquant Blueberry Pie with creamy and cakey Cheese Cake is oh so so so good! It just blows your tastebuds off!
It's always a perfect time to bake some Cheesecake. However, only a selected few know the art of baking the perfect Cheesecake. Cheesecakes really take a lot of time to master. But not these Mini Cheesecakes. They are so cute and adorable and gets ready in no time.
The Best Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
This Mini Blueberry Cheesecake has 3 basic layers and 3 basic steps involved in making this.
The lower crust is made of Graham Crackers Crumbs along with some Oreos. You might ask why did I mix Oreos with Graham Crackers. Well, there is no science behind this, this is just done for the taste. A couple of Oreos always makes the crust taste better.
The next layer is a light and creamy cheesecake layer. It's not too hard and ice cold like you have it in a No-Bake Cheesecake. Also, this is not too wobbly. This is baked to perfection and then frozen so it's just the right consistency, which gives you a bite of the Cheesecake and melts in your mouth in a jiff.
The final Topping is that of Blueberry Pie Filling. Learn how to make Blueberry Pie Filling at home here.
How to bake the perfect Mini Cheesecakes?
To bake the perfect Mini Cheesecakes here are some tips you must follow at all times.
- The lower crust should be blind baked for 5 minutes at 350F. This is the key to good cheesecake.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature, especially the Eggs and the Butter.
- Do not overbeat the Cheesecake. Most people complain that their Cheesecake doesn't set. The prime reason for this is an overbeaten Cheesecake. You need to beat the Cheesecake only for 1 minute at medium-high speed with sugar. And once again when you add the SourCream, Eggs, and Vanilla. That's it! Not more than that. Your Cheesecake batter should be thick.
- It's always a good idea to bake your Cheesecakes in a water bath. If you're baking these Mini Cheesecakes in the muffin tin, then place the muffin tin in a big tray. Fill it less to half with boiling water and then put it for baking.
- Do not overbake the Cheesecake. If it gets overbaked, it might start to crack from the top. So beware of that.
- When your cheesecake is done, it's very important that it's jiggly in the center and is hard from the sides. This is a sign of a perfectly baked Cheesecake.
- It's extremely important that you cool off the Cheesecake to room temperature for 30-40 minutes and then pop it in the freezer for 1 hour or in the refrigerator for 2 hours before you do the frosting.
- When you get your Cheesecakes out of the freezer, they will sink a little in the center. That's normal. Don't stress. This will make room for the frosting which you're going to do over your Mini Cheesecakes.
How to Make the Best Mini Blueberry Cheesecake?
So, to bake the best Mini Blueberry Cheesecake, you first bake the perfect Mini Cheesecakes. Then you cool it down to room temperature. Freeze it for 1 hour and then do the topping with some Blueberry Pie Filling.
- To make the lower crust, combine Graham Crackers with Oreos and melted butter, place 1 Tablespoon of it in a lined muffin tin, and even it with the back of a glass. Blind bake the crust for 5 minutes at 350F or 180C.
- For the Mini Cheesecakes, combine about 8 ounces of Cream Cheese with 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Use a handheld mixer for a better grip and hold over your batter. Beat it for only 1 minute at medium-high speed. Then add the SourCream, Vanilla, Lemon Juice, and Eggs and Beat until it gets combined. Don't overbeat the batter, it should be thick. Pour 1 Tablespoon of the batter over your baked crust and bake this in a water bath for 18 minutes at 350F.
- Once they get done, cool it at room temperature and then freeze it. You can also refrigerate it for 2 hours or overnight. If you're keeping it in the freezer, keep it covered. When you get these out, later on, they might sink a little in the center. Don't worry that's normal.
- Meanwhile, make the Blueberry Pie filling by combining Fresh Blueberries with Sugar, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, and Cornstarch. Combine until it thickens and cools it down to room temperature before you use it.
- Pour the Blueberry Pie filling in the center and decorate with some fresh mint leaves.
Other possible variations
- You can use canned Blueberry Pie filling as well for this recipe.
- To make Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake, just add some Lemon zest when you're done topping.
- You can also add some thyme in your Blueberry Pie filling.
The Best Mini Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1 sheet Graham Crackers Crumbs
- 4-5 small Oreos Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Salted Butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon SourCream full fat
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 whole Egg at room temperature
- 1 Cup Blueberry Pie filling
- 2-3 springs Fresh Mint Leaves
To make the Lower Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180 C. Line a Muffin tin with Cupcake liners or grease with butter
- Combine the Graham Cracker Crumbs with Melted Butter and Granulated Sugar. This will have a wet sand-like texture.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a cupcake liner lined muffin tin. Use a glass to press it down and even it out.Bake these for 5 minutes at 350F or 180 C
To make the Cream Cheese Batter
- Take Cream Cheese and Granulated Sugar in a bowl and beat it at medium-high speed for 1 minute.
- Add the Egg, Lemon Juice, Vanilla, and Sour Cream and beat until it gets combined for about 10-30 seconds. Do not overbeat the Batter. Your Cheesecake batter should be thick.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of this Cheesecake batter in your baked Lower Crusts.
- Bake your Mini Cheesecakes in a water bath. Fill the water bath to about half with boiling water and bake place the muffin tin in it. Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Cool the Mini Cheesecakes to room temperature for 30 minutes. Then freeze it covered for 1 hour or put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Get the cool Mini Cheesecake and top them with Blueberry Pie filling and a mint leaf. Enjoy!
- Learn how to make Blueberry Pie Filling here.
Ask Me Anything