Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting - Soft, Moist and carroty Muffins whose every bite tastes like it has been carefully crafted in heaven. This is the Best Easter Dessert for Easter Sunday.
Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
I am literally going mad over carrots. Carrots are the best part of this season. It's everywhere. Just like pumpkins are for fall, carrots are for Spring. And, the baker within me wants me to make as many possible carrot desserts as much as I can.
In the last few days, I have made a list of delectable and drool-worthy carrot desserts. Such as this Carrot Cake Cookies, Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies, Carrot Chocolate Chip Cookies, Carrot Patch Muffins, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Carrots and etc.
However, to be honest with you, this was my favorite carrot dessert ever. When I tasted it, I felt like patting my back for making it so damn awesome.
There was flavor in every little bite. And, guess what, I am gonna teach you exactly how to make it so that you can make it for your family as well.
What have I used to Make these Muffins?
I have used no fancy ingredients. Just regular basic ingredients which we all have at home at all points of time. AP Flour, Grated Carrots, Egg, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Unsalted Butter/Vegetable Oil, Brown Sugar, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg and a pinch of salt!
My kids loved this recipe. In fact, they took it to school and shared it with their friends and even they loved it a lot. I had their moms calling me and asking me the recipe. Can you believe that? Did I become a famous mom overnight?
So, today I decided to make these delicious carrot muffins and decided to bring back the good old memories. To be honest, and also to get a lot more praise from my family.
Why is this called Carrot Cake Muffin and not regular Carrot Muffin?
I call them carrot cake muffin because the batter is exactly the same as carrot cake and you also top it with cream cheese frosting just the way you do for a Carrot cake. Only the shape is like a muffin.
Even when you taste it, you will feel like you are having a muffin shaped carrot cake. It is easier to carry and you can grab this and go for work.
How to Make these Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting?
Well, we make these muffins just like any regular muffin. It's no rocket science at all. But, the best part about this recipe is the cream cheese frosting. It's really sad if you don't like cream cheese frosting, but in case you do, you should definitely glaze your muffins with cream cheese or just slather a large dollop of cream cheese all over the muffin.
Other Variations of the Recipe?
- Condensed Milk - You can use some condensed milk as it will make it sweeter and creamier.
- Nuts - Many people add walnuts or cashews or almonds into their muffins. I have added just walnut here.
Important Tips While Baking Carrot Cake Muffins for the First time
- Your Muffin batter shouldn't be too dry. In case it is very dry you must instantly add some vegetable oil or milk to make it a little thick.
- Your muffin batter shouldn't be too liquidy. It should not be as liquid as water. You have hit that sweet spot between too dry and too wet. If it's too liquidy add some flour and it will be alright.
- Fill the muffin tray up to the top. The more you fill the bigger the dome of the muffins.
Now, let's see the Printable Recipe for Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¼ Cup Grated Carrots
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 420F or 220C and grease a muffin tray with vegetable oil or butter.
- First mix butter and sugar at high speed for about a minute or two with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Add egg, vanilla essence beat well.
- Sift Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg and a pinch of salt and add them in your wet ingredients. Lightly fold with a spoon.
- Add some chopped walnuts and grated carrots. Mix well. Transfer this batter in a muffin pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Then lower the temperature by 100 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes. Let it cool and then transfer it to a cooling rack.
- Mix cream cheese and granulated sugar at high speed until creamy and light. Use a spoon to glaze it over your carrot cake muffins. You can even slather the frosting all over the muffin. Add some grated carrots on the muffins and serve!