Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream is a low-calorie cottage cheese ice cream with just five basic ingredients that I'm sure you have in your pantry. If you haven't tried this 2 ingredients sugar-free cottage cheese ice cream, then you should try it NOW! It's going viral on the internet.
Learn how to make a healthy keto blueberry ice cream that is high in protein and fat. This quick and easy recipe only requires a few simple ingredients like cottage cheese, maple syrup, sweetened condensed milk, and blueberries. Blend everything together using a high-speed blender, and marvel at the amazing ice cream mixture.
Serve it as a soft serve or freeze it for 5 to 6 hours for a delicious treat. Indulge in this quick and easy healthy dessert and enjoy the creamy goodness of homemade blueberry cottage cheese ice cream!
- Cottage Cheese Blueberry Ice Cream 🍨
- 3 Good Reasons to Make this recipe ❤️
- Cottage Cheese Ice Cream with Frozen Fruit 🍓
- Keto Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Recipe 🏃🏾♀️
- Ingredients 🍽️
- How to Make Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream🍦
- How to Serve 🍧
- How to Store
- Is cottage cheese ice cream healthier than ice cream?
- How does cottage cheese ice cream taste?
- How to eat cottage cheese?
- More Ice Cream recipes:
- More Healthy High protein Recipes:
- Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
Cottage Cheese Blueberry Ice Cream 🍨
Indulge in Healthy and Delicious Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream**
Are you craving a sweet treat but don't want to compromise on your health goals? Look no further than this delectable Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream recipe. Packed with protein and healthy fats, it's a guilt-free dessert that will leave your taste buds satisfied. In this article, I will provide you with the simple steps to create this delightful treat, along with some tips for customization. Let's dive in!
To make this low-calorie cottage cheese ice cream, you'll need:-
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- cottage cheese
- condensed milk
- heavy cream
This recipe is pretty straightforward. When you think of a recipe for Ice Cream, you generally think of an Ice cream churner or something that has to do with blending the ingredients together and then freezing them.
But, this recipe is way simpler and easier than most ice cream recipes you've ever seen or made.
3 Good Reasons to Make this recipe ❤️
- You get over 20grams of protein per serving.
- You don't need an Ice Cream Maker.
- It can be customized with any fruit that you like.
Cottage Cheese Ice Cream with Frozen Fruit 🍓
Whether you like strawberry cottage cheese ice cream or banana cottage cheese ice cream or blueberry cottage cheese ice cream or raspberry cottage cheese ice cream or blackberry cottage cheese ice cream. The recipe for all these healthy high protein ice creams remains the same. It's just swapping the fruits.
Whether you are using fresh or frozen fruits, it doesn't matter. In fact, it's better if you use frozen fruit because they've been dehydrated and dried. Which makes them easy to store and freeze.
Keto Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Recipe 🏃🏾♀️
Another good reason to make this ice cream is that it's keto-friendly. Meaning - Low carb, High Protein, and High Fat.
It's pretty funny how you can beat that voice in your head that says, "Are you seriously going to lose weight while eating Ice Cream"? And the answer is "Yes".
Losing weight doesn't have to be hard, boring, and tedious. It can be fun.
- Cottage Cheese - I like to use homemade cottage cheese. I don't trust any brand and for me and my family the homemade version works the best. Cottage cheese is the main ingredient that gives this ice cream its creamy texture. Opt for full-fat cottage cheese for the best results.
- Honey - Honey is easily available and goes well with cottage cheese. Feel free to swap it with any other liquid sweetener or pure maple syrup.
- Sweetened Condensed milk - I like to use just a bit of condensed milk just so that everything comes together easily and it tastes good. Sweetened condensed milk adds richness and creaminess to the ice cream while adding a hint of sweetness
- Heavy Cream - it just gives a thick ice cream like texture. For a thick ice cream-like texture, one tablespoon of heavy cream does the trick. It helps in achieving that perfect consistency we all love in ice cream.
- Blueberries - The star of the show! Add in some fresh blueberries to elevate the flavor and enhance the visual appeal of the ice cream. You can also substitute fresh blueberries with dried or frozen ones if fresh ones aren't available.
How to Make Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream🍦
Blend: Add cottage cheese, honey, condensed milk, heavy cream and Blueberries to a high-speed blender or food processor. Pulse or Process until smooth and creamy. Marvel at the amazing texture that the cottage cheese brings to the ice cream base.
Once the mixture has reached a smooth consistency, add in the fresh blueberries. Blend for a few seconds until the blueberries are incorporated but not completely pureed. This adds a delightful burst of fruity flavor and adds visual appeal with specks of blueberries throughout the ice cream
Freeze: At this stage, you have two options for serving the dessert. If you prefer a soft-serve consistency, you can scoop the mixture into bowls and enjoy it immediately. However, if you prefer a more solid and traditional ice cream texture, transfer the mixture to a lidded container and freeze it for 5 to 6 hours.
Add cottage cheese mixture to a loaf tin or a cottage cheese pan. Freeze for 4 hours or until it sets.
Serve: After the freezing time, your Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream is ready to be enjoyed! Serve it in bowls or cones, and garnish with some fresh blueberries if desired. The result is a healthy, keto-friendly dessert that is high in protein and fat, making it a guilt-free indulgence.
HINT: Remove from freezer and thaw for a couple of minutes - about 15-20, depending on the temperate outside - just until you can scoop out the ice cream easily.
How to Serve 🍧
- Cone or a bowl - Scoop out some ice creams and place them in a cone or a bowl. Enjoy with fresh mint leaves.
- Toppings - Top with frozen or fresh blueberries for added flavor and taste.
- Parfait - Place it in a small glass with Yogurt or whipped cream to enjoy your ice cream in the form of a parfait - by the way, you can check out this Protein Loaded Blueberry Yogurt Parfait
While this recipe is already a winner, feel free to customize it to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Nutty Crunch: Add some chopped nuts, such as almonds or walnuts, to the ice cream mixture for an added crunch and a dose of healthy fats.
- Chocolate Lovers: If you're a fan of chocolate, you can add in some cocoa powder or chocolate chips to the mixture to create a luscious chocolate blueberry ice cream.
- Swap your fruit - Use raspberry, or banana, or strawberry, or blackberry or any other fruit that you like and use it in the same way. Experiment with different fruits and flavors by substituting the blueberries with strawberries, raspberries, or even mangoes. The possibilities are endless!
- Nuts - Nuts go well with cottage cheese ice cream. Any nut that you like such as - almonds or pine nuts or pistachios or pecan nuts or walnuts can be added for extra crunch and more satisfaction.
- Cheesecake - Add some fresh or fruit strawberries and crushed graham crackers to get strawberry cheesecake cottage cheese ice cream. Do the same with any other fruit that you like.
- Vanilla - Use a 1/2 vanilla bean paste from a Vanilla bean pod or pure vanilla extract for more vanilla flavor.
How to Store
In the freezer: Transfer the cottage cheese ice cream to a sealed container. Cover the top with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent the formation of ice crystals. You can store this for 3 weeks in the freezer.
Thawing: Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes until you can easily scoop out the ice cream.
Is cottage cheese ice cream healthier than ice cream?
Yes. Absolutely. That's the reason so many people are choosing cottage cheese ice cream instead of regular ice cream.
Less saturated fat and less trans fat, cottage cheese ice cream meets the cravings of your tastebuds without being bad for your health.
How does cottage cheese ice cream taste?
It tastes just as creamy and delicious as regular ice cream. You also get the tang of cottage cheese.
The added mix-ins add taste and flavor to cottage cheese ice cream.
How to eat cottage cheese?
I remember no one liked cottage cheese a decade ago. Funny how we cherish it today. Cottage Cheese Ice Creams are the most talked about ice creams on the internet.
There are so many ways to eat cottage cheese. For starters - you can make an ice cream. Or you can make Cottage Cheese Stuffed Peppers or you can make cottage cheese pancakes.
More Ice Cream recipes:
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Summer Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
- No-Churn Blackcurrant Raisin Ice Cream
More Healthy High protein Recipes:
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Sugar Free Tiramisu Recipe
- Protein Truffles
- Protein Pancakes
- Ferrero Rocher Dates
This Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream recipe gives you the best of both worlds – a delicious treat and a healthy dessert option. With protein-rich cottage cheese, fresh blueberries, and natural sweeteners, it's a guilt-free indulgence that won't derail your health goals.
So, satisfy your sweet tooth and enjoy this quick and easy ice cream recipe. If you have any questions or want to share your experience, please leave a comment below.
Don't forget to subscribe for more exciting recipes. Have a great day and enjoy your homemade Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream!
Blueberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- 2 cups (16 oz) cottage cheese
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or a food processor. Blend until smooth and lump-free.
- Transfer into a loaf tin and smoothen the top with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or until hard.
- Thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes or until you can scoop out easily.
- Top with mint leaves and blueberries for more flavor.