Healthy High Protein Blueberry Muffins bursting with fresh blueberries in every bite is moist, soft, fluffy and the best Blueberry Muffins ever. These Healthy Blueberry Muffins needs NO Sugar, No Eggs and No White Flour either while still packs over 20gms of protein each. These Blueberry Muffins with Applesauce, Yogurt, Honey and Oats flour is a healthy gluten free muffin recipe.
Healthy and delicious Blueberry muffins are gluten free as they are made with oats flour also they are super easy to make and tastes beyond delicious.
Also these are High Protein Blueberry Muffins packing about 20gms of Protein in every bite. These Healthy Protein Blueberry Muffins are made using Vanilla Protein Powder which makes them a healthy and high protein breakfast recipe.
- Protein Blueberry Muffins
- Delicious and Healthy Protein Powder Muffins: "A Perfect Breakfast Choice"
- Health Benefits of Protein Powder Muffins
- Why you must bake these Healthy Blueberry muffins?
- Can you add Protein Powder to muffins?
- Ingredients needed for Healthy Blueberry muffins recipe
- How to make High Protein Blueberry muffins with Vanilla Protein Powder
- Which Protein Powder is best for Baking?
- How long do these Healthy Blueberry muffins last
- Top Tips to Bake the Best Protein Muffins
- (10 min) Healthy Blueberry Muffins | High Protein | GF
Protein Blueberry Muffins
Learn how to make delicious and healthy blueberry muffins packed with protein. This easy recipe uses ingredients like applesauce, Greek yogurt, coconut oil, and protein powder. The muffins are filled with antioxidant-rich blueberries and are gluten-free thanks to the oats flour.
Delicious and Healthy Protein Powder Muffins: "A Perfect Breakfast Choice"
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy way to incorporate protein powder into your diet? Look no further! Protein powder muffins are an excellent choice for a nutritious breakfast, and they are incredibly easy to make. In this article, I will provide you with a step-by-step recipe for these mouthwatering muffins that will keep you satisfied and energized throughout the day.
Bake them in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 to 14 minutes, and enjoy a nutritious and satisfying breakfast or snack.
These homemade muffins are a great alternative to sugar-loaded versions found at bakeries, providing a healthier way to incorporate high protein into your regular diet.
Health Benefits of Protein Powder Muffins
1. High Protein Content: Protein powder muffins are an excellent way to boost your protein intake. By incorporating protein powder into the recipe, you can easily increase the protein content of your breakfast. Having a high protein meal in the morning helps to keep you fuller for longer and promotes muscle growth and repair.
2. Reduced Sugar Intake: Unlike traditional bakery-style blueberry muffins that are loaded with sugar, these homemade protein powder muffins are a healthier alternative. By using unsweetened applesauce and a touch of honey as natural sweeteners, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without consuming excessive amounts of sugar.
3. Customizable: One of the great things about protein powder muffins is their versatility. You can customize the recipe to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs. Feel free to experiment with different flavors of protein powder or add a variety of fruits, nuts, or seeds to create your own unique combinations.
4. Convenient and Portable: Protein powder muffins are not only delicious and healthy, but they are also incredibly convenient. You can easily grab a muffin on busy mornings when you're short on time or take them with you for a quick and nutritious snack while on the go.
5. Nutritious Breakfast Option: Starting your day with a nutritious breakfast is crucial for maintaining energy levels and overall well-being. Protein powder muffins provide a balanced combination of protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates, making them a perfect breakfast choice.
Why you must bake these Healthy Blueberry muffins?
- High Protein Muffins - Made with Vanilla Protein Powder these High protein Blueberry muffins are a great post workout muffin which will nourish you.
- Zero Sugar Blueberry muffins - I have used honey to make these Blueberry muffins which makes them naturally sweetened, free of artificial sweeteners.
- Gluten Free Blueberry muffins - I have used Oats flour to make these blueberry muffins which makes them healthy and gluten free
Can you add Protein Powder to muffins?
Yes absolutely. By adding Protein Powder into your muffins you can get your protein intake on point while not worrying about your regular protein intake.
These Protein Powder Muffins are a definitive post workout treat. It will help you keep satisfied for a long time. Also they are naturally sweetened and gluten free which makes them all the more healthy.
These days if you ever enter a store you will find it crowded with protein muffins which are surely a bit high in protein. However they also sneak in a number of artificial sweeteners and carbs which are surely very unhealthy.
Ingredients needed for Healthy Blueberry muffins recipe
Listed below are the ingredients you will need to make 10 minutes Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Oats Flour
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Protein Powder
- Fresh Blueberries
- Greek Yogurt
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Oil
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for Healthy Blueberry muffins for a quick visual.
How to make High Protein Blueberry muffins with Vanilla Protein Powder
Combine all the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined through.
Sieve the dry ingredients and add the blueberries. Fold until combined through. (Do not over mix the batter)
Transfer to a lined muffin tin. Bake @350F or 180C for 11 to 15 min.
Cool it down to room temperature and serve.
Which Protein Powder is best for Baking?
I like to use casein protein powder for my baking needs as it really creates the best texture in all my baking goods. You can also use Pea Protein Powder or Brown Rice Protein Powder or blended whey Protein Powder.
Its best to use unflavored or Vanilla Flavored Protein Powder for recipes like this. Unless you are baking anything chocolate then you can use Chocolate Protein Powder.
Avoid using whey isolate protein powder or natural whey protein powder as these two soak up the moisture leaving baked goods very dry.
Hint: Allow the muffins to cool down for a couple of hours before serving them. Like all muffins these only taste good once they've cooled.
- Peanut butter - instead of coconut oil which I've used to bake these healthy muffins you can use peanut butter or almond butter or cashew butter.
- Gluten Free Baking Flour - use any gluten free flour blend you love to use for baking like Coconut Flour or Almond Flour.
- Vegan - to make Vegan Blueberry Muffins, replace yogurt with vegan yogurt and use plant based protein powder. (I like to use Pea Casein Protein Powder for best results in high protein vegan baked goods)
- Bananas - you can add ripe bananas for added sweetness into these muffins. In that case you can skip the honey.
How long do these Healthy Blueberry muffins last
Refrigerate: You can store these Healthy Blueberry muffins for upto a week in the refrigerator.
Freeze: You can easily freeze Blueberry Muffins. Transfer them to an airtight container and you can freeze these muffins for up to 3months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and lightly reheat in the microwave before serving.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Top Tips to Bake the Best Protein Muffins
- Do not over mix the blueberry muffin batter
- Do not over bake the Blueberry muffins. After they've done baking allow them to cool down.
- Don't use whey isolate or raw protein as it dries out baked goods
Protein powder muffins are a delightful and nutritious addition to your breakfast routine. They are easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences.
By incorporating protein powder into your muffins, you can boost your protein intake and enjoy the benefits of a high protein meal, such as increased satiety and muscle growth.
Additionally, these homemade muffins are a healthier alternative to store-bought options that are often loaded with sugar.
So, why not give this recipe a try and enjoy a delicious and healthy breakfast option? Your taste buds and body will thank you!
If you happen to make this recipe, comment below and let me know how it was. Also don't forget to tag me on Instagram with #recipemagik.
(10 min) Healthy Blueberry Muffins | High Protein | GF
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder 64-67 grams
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ cup Oats Flour
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients until combined. Sieve the dry ingredients and mix fully until combined through. Fold through the fresh blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the muffin liners and bake these muffins for 11-14 min. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow it to cool down for 5 min before you serve them.