This vegetarian Cottage Cheese Stuffed Peppers is the best way to use your summer produce. Colorful bell peppers are stuffed with high-protein cottage cheese mixed with oregano, tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, and some sautéed onions and garlic.
Why you'd be making this?Hearty, cheesy, high protein dinner which comes together in no time.
Vegetarian stuffed peppers with cottage cheese
My family loves cottage cheese. And, I've been eating it since I don't know may be when I was 5 year old. But in those days, there was no fancy way to eat Cottage Cheese like we do it today.
Hearty, healthy, creamy, and full of Protein - the best part: comes together in no time!
I remember my granny used to love cottage cheese. She would ask us to eat it and as kids, our first response would be NO. Then she would sprinkle some sugar on it and then we'd happily enjoy it.
These days, especially when I've made my diet a huge priority in my life, I like to use cottage cheese in my diet.
Cottage cheese is high in protein and excellent for muscle growth and recovery.
More Cottage Cheese recipes you will love
Baked Cottage Cheese Stuffed Peppers
To make this High Protein Easy Cottage Cheese Stuffed Peppers, you'd be cooking cottage cheese with sauteed onions and garlic with some seasonings, herbs, and tomato sauce.
Once the mixture gets well seasoned and thoroughly cooked, you'd be stuffing them in bell peppers, topping them with more cheese, and finally baking them to gorgeousness.
Can I stuff bell peppers with ground beef?
Taco stuffed Pepper Casserole - A classic ground beef stuffed bell pepper recipe which I'm sure you're gonna love love love!
Should peppers be boiled before stuffing?
Parboiling improves the texture of bell peppers. Parboiling removes the bitterness from peppers, making them ready.
But I personally skip this step, especially when I'm gonna bake them later on. Moreover, I think when you are using colorful bell peppers, especially the ones which are red, orange, or yellow, they are naturally sweet, and they don't need any parboiling to remove bitterness.
But, if you are using green bell peppers, I suggest you parboil them for a minute or two in salted water.
- Cottage cheese
- bell pepper
- tomato sauce
- dried oregano
- red wine vinegar
- cottage cheese
How to Make Cottage Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers?
- STEP 1: Combine Cottage Cheese with Seasonings and Herbs
Heat a large non-stick skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil shimmers sauté onions and garlic until soft and fragrant.
Add chopped bell peppers, tomato sauce, dried oregano, and red wine vinegar.
Stir in Cottage Cheese and mix well until combined.
- STEP 2: Stuff peppers and top with cheese
Place bell peppers (halved) into a baking dish. Spray some non-stick cooking oil over them.
Spoon the filling into the bell peppers. Top with sharp shredded cheddar cheese.
- STEP 3: Bake and Serve
Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve with fresh chopped parsley.
What do you eat stuffed peppers with?
Some of the best pairings with stuffed bell peppers include:
- Honey Butter Skillet Corn (4-ingredients)
- Cheesy Green Beans
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Brown Sugar Glazed Baby Carrots
More Easy Stuffed Peppers Recipes for quick dinner
Stuffed Peppers are an easy and healthier way to enjoy your favorite dish. They help you cut out the carbs as of bread while also making the dish extra delicious because of the crunch of the peppers.
I hope you liked this recipe of Cottage Cheese Stuffed Peppers. If you make this recipe, please take a moment to comment below and tag me on Instagram. Happy cooking!
Cottage Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 medium bell peppers Halved and cored (slice them in half lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup bell peppers chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce OR marinara
- ½ cup tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt or as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or as per taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat Olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add diced onions and minced garlic. Cook until onion turns translucent and garlic gets fragrant.
- Add chopped bell peppers, diced tomato, tomato sauce, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes on medium-low heat until the tomatoes soften.
- Stir in half of the shredded cheddar cheese and mix well until combined.
- Place cored and halved bell peppers into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray over them.
- Spoon the filling into the bell peppers up to 3/4th of the top.
- Top with remaining shredded cheddar cheese and transfer it into a preheated oven.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 25 minutes. Serve with fresh chopped parsley.