High Protein Tiramisu is one of the most comforting Macro friendly Tiramisu you'll ever have. It has no mascarpone no ladyfingers but is so delicious and decadent.
Protein Powder Tiramisu is one of the best Tiramisu recipes you'll ever try.
Bursting with comforting Italian flavors that takes you back to the streets of Rome, this is one of the most amazing high protein desserts you'll make.
Healthy Tiramisu Recipe
While many people might even scorn at the idea of a healthy Tiramisu, this is one of my absolute favorite desserts. I just love love love Tiramisu and this healthy Tiramisu which is gluten free, high protein and low carb is one of my absolute favorite high protein desserts.
Why you'll love this Healthy Tiramisu?
- Healthy, High protein and Low Carb Tiramisu recipe
- Easy Tiramisu recipe
- Packed with comforting Italian flavors
- Gluten Free Tiramisu recipe
- Perfect summer dessert
- No Bake high protein dessert
- airy and creamy yogurt, cream cheese, and protein powder custard
- Bursting with storing coffee flavors
Ingredients needed to make Sugar Free High Protein Tiramisu
These are the ingredients which you'll need to make this High Protein Tiramisu recipe at home.
- Almond Flour - this is the only flour you need to make this Grain Free Tiramisu recipe.
- Chocolate Protein Powder - I use chocolate Casein Protein Powder to make my Tiramisu cake
- Zero Calorie Sugar Substitute - I use dextrose powder. You can use any sugar free sweetener you have.
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder - to make the cake extra chocolaty
- Baking Soda - the only leavening agent to bake the cake
- Non fat greek yogurt
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- Egg Yolks
- Low Fat Milk
for the frosting
- Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Low Fat Milk
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- strong coffee
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Protein Tiramisu
Combine the dry and wet ingredients to make the cake separately. Now combine everything to make a smooth cake batter.
Bake the cake @350F or 180C for 15 min. Once cooled, cut lengthwise.
Beat Cream Cheese, Yogurt, Milk, Vanilla Protein Powder & Vanilla Extract using a handheld mixer until smooth and creamy.
Assemble the layers. Start with a layer of cake, pour strong brew espresso over it and finally top with the custard. Repeat.
Top with sieved espresso powder and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares and serve.
Remember to use freshly brewed espresso for the strongest coffee flavors. However you can use cold brew or regular brew as well.
Hint: Do not freeze the Tiramisu. You only need to refrigerate this overnight so that the cake layers soak in all the flavors of the custard and are moist and soft.
To get the classic flavor, you can use a tablespoon of Rum or Kahlua along with coffee to top over the cake ladyfingers.
How long does this Protein Tiramisu lasts?
Leftover Tiramisu can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can even store leftover Tiramisu in the freezer. However make sure to double wrap it with plastic wrap and then again with aluminum foil to seal it airtight and then store it in the freezer.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these high protein desserts.
Healthy Tiramisu - Low Calorie High Protein | Sugar Free Tiramisu Recipe
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Protein Powder chocolate
- 2 tablespoon Dextrose Powder can use any sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Low Fat Milk
for the custard
- 8 oz Low Fat Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Low Fat Milk
- ½ cup Protein Powder vanilla Flavor
- ½ cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cups Strong Brew Espresso
- Espresso Powder for dusting on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients to make the cake separately. Now combine everything to make a smooth cake batter. Bake the cake @350F or 180C for 15 min. Once cooled, cut lengthwise.
- Beat Cream Cheese, Yogurt, Milk, Vanilla Protein Powder & Vanilla Extract using a handheld mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Assemble the layers. Start with a layer of cake, pour strong brew espresso over it and finally top with the custard. Repeat.
- Top with sieved espresso powder and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares and serve.