Protein Powder Pancakes - Easy, Simple, Quick and Healthy Protein Pancakes are the best healthy breakfast pancakes recipe ever! These are made using simple whey protein isolate (vanilla flavored), Rolled Oats, One Banana and Eggs.
- Easy Protein Pancakes with Whey Protein Powder
- More Protein Powder recipes to try
- Copycat ihop Protein Pancakes
- Ingredients needed for Protein Pancakes recipe
- How to make High Protein Pancakes
- Can I prepare Protein Pancake batter ahead of time?
- More Protein snacks recipes
- Top Tips to make the Best Protein Powder Pancakes recipe
- The Best Protein Pancakes Recipe
Easy Protein Pancakes with Whey Protein Powder
Being a food blogger and making recipes everyday which you can consume when also you're on a low carb and sugar free diet is the most difficult thing in the world.
This is one thing with which I struggle every day. Keeping up with recipes which are healthy and also easy to make with pantry staple ingredients at the same time seems like a very big deal.
However if you put your mind to it, you can actually make quite a lot of recipes which are healthy, grain free, gluten free, sugar free and also exceptionally delicious.
There's one mantra which I believe in with all my heart is that Healthy food doesn't has to taste boring. Majority people counter react to this thought saying that Healthy food should never taste good. But I still believe that with a few tweaks here and there and with a smart understanding of flavors you can actually make a healthy dish which tastes delicious too.
Taking up this mission of mine to make healthier version of family favorite recipes, I decided to make Protein Powder Pancakes today.
Protein Pancake recipe is actually a really easy and simple recipe in which you use the same usual ingredients to make a Protein Shake like Whey Protein.
You just add a bit of Oats for texture. Oats along with Protein are really healthy. Oats add a bit of healthy carbs to your diet which is so important for everyday activities, even if you're on a low-carb diet.
More Protein Powder recipes to try
Copycat ihop Protein Pancakes
ihop Protein Pancakes are the most popular Protein Pancakes ever. They also use rolled Oats, Barley, Chia Seeds, and Flax Seeds, which give the ihop Protein Pancakes the perfect texture.
Ingredients needed for Protein Pancakes recipe
This easy recipe for Protein Pancakes requires just six ingredients.
- Protein Powder - I use 100% whey protein isolate with natural flavor. I love it because it has no added sweetness to it. You can also use flavored Protein Powder like Chocolate or any other flavor.
- Eggs - this helps in rising the pancakes
- Oats - This give shape and structure to the Pancakes
- Baking Powder - this acts like a leavening agent in the pancakes.
- Flaxseeds - this acts as a stabilizing agent in the pancakes
- Bananas - this is the only sweetener I use in these pancakes. If you want to make Protein Pancakes without Bananas, then you can replace it with stevia or any sugar-free alternative you're using.
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make High Protein Pancakes
Combine all the ingredients - Oats, Protein Powder, Eggs, Flaxseeds, Baking powder, Salt & Bananas in a high speed blender until smooth.
Heat a Pancake griddle or cast iron skillet until hot and smoky. Grease with oil.
Add the batter in small circles (about 1/4 cup batter per pancake). Top with chocolate chips. As the edges start to dry out and there are bubbles on the top (after 2-3 min), flip and cook the other side for 1 min.
Top with Peanut butter, chocolate chips and maple syrup and serve!
Hint: Cook the Protein pancakes on high heat to avoid them from falling apart.
Can I prepare Protein Pancake batter ahead of time?
Yes absolutely! The Protein Pancake batter can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for about 2-3 days. However, you do not want to store them for long as the bananas will start to over-ripen, and the batter will turn brownish.
If you have made a big batch of Protein Pancakes you can store the leftover cooked and cooled Protein Pancakes in an airtight container in the freezer for upto 2-3 weeks.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in a heated griddle until warmed.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
More Protein snacks recipes
These are my favorite low sugar protein Balls recipes
Top Tips to make the Best Protein Powder Pancakes recipe
Here are some tips to make the best Healthy Protein Pancakes recipe.
- Make small round pancakes
- Do not pour more than 1/4 cup of batter to make the Pancakes.
- Do not cook for more than 2 min per side.
- You can replace bananas with any sugar alternative like Stevia
- The trick to knowing if one side of Protein is cooked
The Best Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 2 scoop Protein Powder
- 1 cup Oats
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 medium sized Banana
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Flaxseeds
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick Pancake griddle until hot over medium high heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Once the edges start to dry up and crisp and there are bubbles on the top (after 2 min), flip and cook the other side for 1 min.
- Serve on a stack. Top with Peanut Butter, chocolate chips, and maple syrup on top. Enjoy!