Ferrero Rocher Dates is a healthy, easy, high-protein post-workout snack you can munch away without saying sorry to your diet. I bite into these stuffed Medjool dates all the time. I've come to terms with the fact that I have a sweet tooth. And being on a diet while having a sweet-tooth is hard. Or should I say - it used to be hard, but not anymore!
I love making healthy desserts such as - Protein Carrot Cake Bars, High Protein Cottage Cheese Ice Cream, or Fudgy Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies with Whey Protein and these stuffed dates.
I like to make a big box of Ferrero Rocher Stuffed Dates and store it in the fridge. They stay in the fridge for 10-12 days and if I want to store them for a longer duration I transfer them to the freezer where they stay fine for up to 3-months.
These Ferrero Rocher Stuffed Dates make up for a quick Christmas appetizer or an easy Thanksgiving appetizer that you can make ahead and store.
Vegan stuffed dates dessert
In this recipe we use basic pantry ingredients and is a easy no-fuss healthy vegan dessert which takes just 35-40 minutes from beginning to the end.
Basically, we'll stuff the pitted dates with a chocolate, hazelnut, and nut butter filling, coat the dates in chocolate and freeze them until they are ready to eat. or should I say - devour.
These Stuffed Dates are appetizing, indulging, and are a great low carb party snack.
Also try this Viral Cottage Cheese Ice Cream with whey protein (2 ingredient sugar free ice cream) along with these ferroro rocher stuffed dates.
- Unsweetened Almond Butter (or any other nut butter)
- Zero Sugar Maple Syrup
- Cocoa Powder (no need to go for a dutch processed cocoa powder)
- Low-fat Almond Milk
- 99% Dark Chocolate
- coconut oil
How to Make Ferrero Rocher Stuffed Dates
- STEP 1: Pit the Dates
This is one of the time-consuming parts of the recipe. But it's really fun to do. Make a small cut at the center of the Medjool dates and pull out the seed. As a nitpicky person, I focused on making a proper cut and getting the shape right. But since the dates are sticky they get back to a proper shape easily.
- STEP 2: Chop Hazelnuts
Quickly chop your hazelnuts on a wooden cutting board.
- STEP 3: Make Ferrero Rocher Stuffing
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine chopped hazelnuts with unsweetened Almond Butter, low-fat almond milk, cocoa powder, and zero sugar maple syrup (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- STEP 4: Stuff the dates
I love this part of the recipe. Just open the dates and use the back of the spoon to stuff the dates with the Ferrero rocher filling.
To make them look more appealing and appetizing, what I did was cut a few hazelnuts in half and pressed them down at the center of the stuffed dates.
Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- STEP 5: Melt Dark Chocolate
Combine dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl—microwave at 30-second increments. Mix well until smooth and lump-free.
- STEP 6: Coat Dates in Chocolate
You can use a fork to coat stuffed dates in chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate sets.
- STEP 7: Top with crushed hazelnuts
Top them with crushed hazelnuts. And, Voila! Enjoy...
What are Ferrero Rocher filled with?
You may ask why I call them Ferrero Rocher stuffed dates? To answer this question, you got to know what are Ferrero Rocher filled with? The answer is simple - Hazelnuts. Beneath that chocolate covered balls you get a creamy chocolat-y filling bursting with the nuttiness of hazelnuts. And, with this stuffed dates recipe, we do the same thing. We use the dates as an outer shell, and stuff it with hazelnut and chocolate filling. And, finally coat the dates in chocolate. So, they look just like Ferrero Rochers.
Are chocolate dates healthy?
Yes, Chocolate dates - especially these Ferrero rocher dates are incredibly healthy. You can easily cut out your hunger cravings, sugar cravings, unhealthy carb cravings with this simple, easy, and exceptionally delicious stuffed chocolate dates recipe.
Are Dates healthy?
Yes, you can eat dates. Dates have a low glycemic index. Therefore it won't shoot up your insulin levels the same way a sugary dessert would.
Especially if you are bodybuilding or an athlete, this can be a great pre-workout or post-workout snack. It helps you build muscle mass and improves your performance at the gym.
Allergic to Nuts? Try these Substitutions
Although I haven't tried this recipe with these substitutes, I hope they'll work. Keep me posted in the comments.
- Replace hazelnuts with pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or Sunflower Seeds.
- Replace Almond Butter with Sunflower Butter.
- You can use soy milk or coconut milk or hemp milk instead of almond milk.
Ferrero Rocher Dates - Healthy Low calorie Dessert under 100 calories
- 15-20 medium Dates pitted
- 5-7 oz hazelnuts chopped and 10-12 halved
- 1 tablespoon almond butter unsweetened, unflavored
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup zero sugar (or any other sugar-free substitute)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon low fat almond milk
- 6 oz 99% Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pit the dates and keep them aside.
- Chop hazelnuts and keep few of them halved to stuff on top.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine unsweetened almond butter, zero-sugar maple syrup (or any other sugar-free substitute), cocoa powder, and low-fat almond milk. Mix well until smooth and lump-free.
- Stuff the dates with the chocolate nut butter filling. Top them with one halved hazelnut. Place them 1 inch apart on the prepared baking dish.`
- Flash Freeze the stuffed dates until the chocolate hardens and sticks to the dates. Approx - 10-12 minutes.
- Chop 99% Cacao Dark Chocolate bar roughly on a cutting board.
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine chocolate with coconut oil. Microwave at 30-second increments. Mix well until smooth and lump-free.
- Use a fork to coat chocolate stuffed dates in melted chocolate. Place them back on the baking sheet. Freeze until the chocolate sets completely.
- Top with some crushed hazelnuts and serve right away.
Ask Me Anything