Low Carb Carrot Cake Protein Bars are healthy high protein snacks for weight loss. This Protein Carrot Cake Bars are made with zero refined sugar or flour.
They taste exactly like carrot cake. Every bite of this Carrot Cake Protein Bars will fill your heart with joy and delight.
Healthy Carrot Cake Bars
I love to enjoy these Carrot Cake Protein Bars as a post workout snack or sometimes a pre workout snack. Healthy High Protein Bars are so easy to make at home. You do not even have to spend a penny. You must already have all the ingredients at hand to make these High Protein Carrot Cake Bars.
What I love about these Carrot Cake Protein Bars is that they are secretly healthy and packed with a veggies too.
Also these High Protein Carrot Cake Bars are made without sugar and refined flour.
Ingredients needed to make Carrot Cake Bars with Whey Protein Powder
- Oats Flour - This is required to give shape and structure to these healthy carrot cake bars.
- Protein Powder - I use whey protein powder which is already sweetened. If your protein powder is unsweetened, then you can add sugar free sweetener of your choice.
- Chopped Walnuts & Raisins - these two gives these carrot cake bars the authentic taste
- Ground Cinnamon & Nutmeg - this flavors the carrot cake bars with the perfect authentic carrot cake flavors.
- Peanut Butter - I use unsweetened creamy Peanut Butter for this recipe.
- Low Fat Milk - you just need a bit of milk to bring all the ingredients together.
- Shredded Carrots - I like to use shredded carrots as it has more flavors. You can even microwave shredded carrots and then use them.
- Zero Sugar Maple Syrup - this Zero sugar pancake syrup is all I have used to sweeten these
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Protein Carrot Cake Bars
These Carrot Cake Protein Bars are actually really easy to make. You can easily make these and enjoy post workout or just as a healthy snack every time you are hungry.
Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Microwave Maple Syrup with Peanut butter and whisk to combine so that it gets creamy. Pour this mixture in the dry mixture along with milk. toss until combined.
Transfer this to a lined baking dish.
Add the protein powder frosting, cut into squares and serve.
Remember to freeze these carrot cake protein bars for atleast 30 min before you cut them into squares and serve.
If you know how to make a protein powder frosting, trust me you would want to use in everything. From Brownies to Blondies to Bars every recipe can be frosted with this easy Protein Powder frosting recipe.
I have used Vanilla Protein Powder to make the frosting. However you can add just a bit of cocoa powder to make Chocolate Protein Frosting or add some Lemon Juice and lemon zest to make Lemon Protein frosting.
This Protein Frosting recipe serves like a Protein Powder glaze which is super easy to make. If you haven't tried this Protein frosting recipe yet, you must!
- Simply combine two scoops of protein powder with just a bit of low fat milk (about 2 tbsp).
- Whisk until combined and it gets smooth and creamy.
- If your protein powder doesn't have sweetness, you can add any sugar free sweetener of your choice like Stevia or Dextrose Powder or Monk fruit sweetener etc.
- Protein Frosting with greek yogurt is also a possibility you can try. Just replace low fat milk with a tablespoon of thick greek yogurt to make Protein Powder frosting with Greek Yogurt.
To make Vegan Protein Powder frosting, simply use vegan protein powder and almond milk to make the protein powder frosting vegan.
Carrot Cake is such a nostalgic recipe for everyone and I'm sure every family has their own special recipe to make the perfect old fashioned carrot cake.
So you can add all your special ingredients to this Carrot Cake Protein Bars recipe to make it your own favorite.
- Spices - Carrot Cake and flavorful spices go hand in hand. From Allspice to ground ginger to ground cardamom to even ground black pepper. You can use all of these in making this Protein Carrot Cake Bars your own.
- Pineapple - I love to use chopped Pineapple for making Carrot Cake. It gives these carrot cake protein bars its amazing nostalgic taste and flavors.
- Carrot Cake Granola Bars - instead of ground Oats you can use granola to make Carrot Cake Granola Bars.
How to store leftover Carrot Cake Bars
Store the leftover Carrot Cake Bars in an airtight container in the freezer. You can store these carrot cake bars in the freezer for about 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
More High Protein snack recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Carrot Cake Protein Bars
Protein Powder frosting
- 1½ scoop Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoon Milk low fat
- Microwave Peanut butter and Maple syrup until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Oats flour, Protein Powder, Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Shredded Carrots, Chopped Walnuts and Raisins.
- Add the melted Peanut Butter to the dry mixture. Also pour in the milk. Give it all a good mix until it gets smooth and lump free.
- Transfer this to a lined 8x8 inch baking dish. Freeze for 30 min to 1 hour
- Make Protein Powder frosting by combining Protein Powder with low fat milk until it gets smooth and lump free. Pour this over the frozen carrot cake. Even it out with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula. Dust some ground Cinnamon on top and let it set in the freezer for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into rectangles and serve!