Cottage Cheese Ice Cream from Tiktok is over everyone's mind. And why not! This healthy High Protein dessert with blended cottage cheese is so good.
Made with fresh cottage cheese and bananas, this blended cottage cheese ice cream recipe is a keeper!
I'm not someone who loves to jump into trends. But when its something of a dessert and that too a healthy dessert, you know I'm in!
So jumping into the bandwagon of the trending Cottage Cheese Ice Cream which is over everyone's mind these days, I tried this Cottage Cheese Ice Cream with Chocolate and Oranges!
Make this healthy sugar free dessert tonight
And it was so good. The fudgy texture of ice cream is simply unparalleled.
- Make this healthy sugar free dessert tonight
- Blended Cottage Cheese
- Is Cottage Cheese healthy or you're just kidding yourself?
- The best sugar free ice cream with blended cottage cheese
- Why this recipe for Cottage Cheese Ice Cream works?
- Ingredients needed to make Cottage Cheese Ice Cream.
- How to make Chocolate Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Top tips to make the best Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Related sugar free ice cream recipes
- Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
When you think about it, making ice cream might seem super easy, but there's actually a small science behind it.
Ice Cream is not just a blended and frozen smoothie! No. Absolutely not.
Ice Cream should have a fudgy texture and that it gets from the blended fat in it.
Think of it like this that when you have a regular store bought ice cream, the creamy taste and texture is because of the blended fat in it.
Without it its just a frozen ball. Right!
Blended Cottage Cheese
For this recipe of Cottage Cheese Ice Cream, the cottage cheese acts as a low carb fat content in the ice cream. Cottage Cheese is indeed a low calorie cheese which has a mild tarty flavor and can be easily used to make so many healthy recipes.
Is Cottage Cheese healthy or you're just kidding yourself?
Yes! Cottage Cheese made with low fat skimmed milk is actually the healthiest form of cheese which has only 4gm of fat per 100gms.
The best part about Cottage Cheese is its versatility. Indians and Middle Eastern people have been using Cottage Cheese for ages in their curries and desserts!
Popular Indian dishes like Paneer tikka masala or Paneer Butter Masala is actually made using cottage cheese.
Besides that you can also use Cottage Cheese to make low fat Lasagna or Alfredo Sauce, top it over Pizza etc.
Its a genius high protein low fat food which you must include in your diet.
The best sugar free ice cream with blended cottage cheese
This might sound news to you but blended cottage cheese has been used for ages as a part of Indian cooking to make a variety of desserts.
This Cottage Cheese Ice Cream is actually one of my favorite sugar free ice cream recipe. I have only used Bananas and Low Carb Maple Syrup to sweeten this ice cream.
Why this recipe for Cottage Cheese Ice Cream works?
Well, this Cottage Cheese Ice Cream recipe is actually super healthy and works like a charm every time because:
- Low Fat Cheese: Cottage Cheese has a very mild taste to it and is low fat cheese which gives the blended cottage cheese ice cream a smooth and fudgy texture.
- Low Carlorie Ice Cream: When you're on a healthy diet and crave ice creams, you cannot go wrong with this low carb ice cream recipe.
- 2 - ingredients: This Cottage Cheese Ice Cream is 2 - ingredients recipe made using with Cottage Cheese and sweetener.
- Flavor variations: There are a million flavor variations you can try in this Cottage Cheese ice cream recipe. Like i did Orange and Chocolate, you can try Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Chocolate recipe or Peanut Butter Cottage Cheese Ice Cream or Strawberry Cottage Cheese Ice Cream and so on.
Ingredients needed to make Cottage Cheese Ice Cream.
- Cottage Cheese - I use low fat skimmed milk Cottage Cheese. You can use full fat Cottage Cheese as well. If you're lactose intolerant, then use Lactose free Cottage Cheese.
- Sweetener - I use Zero sugar Maple Syrup for sweetness in this Cottage Cheese ice cream recipe. You can also use Banana.
- Customize - I have added dark cocoa powder, orange juice and orange zest to flavor this Cottage Cheese Ice Cream. You can use Peanut butter or fresh berries as well.
- Toppings - I love to top mine Cottage Cheese Ice Cream with dark chocolate chips. You can use sugar free sprinklers or freshly chopped berries as well.
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Chocolate Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
Blend Cottage Cheese along with Maple Syrup, Orange Juice, Orange Zest, & Cocoa Powder in a high speed blender until smooth and lump free.
If you're using bananas you can add them at the time and blend until smooth.
Transfer this mixture to a loaf tin or an ice cream pan and allow it to set completely in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
HINT: Freeze the ice cream for an hour before scooping out for the perfect fudgy texture.
- Berries - add frozen berries to make your own cottage cheese mix berries ice cream
- Chocolate - add chocolate protein powder and unsweetened chocolate chips or cocoa powder to make chocolate cottage cheese ice cream.
- Cookies & Cream: add crushed Oreos to the ice cream.
- Peanut Butter: You can add Peanut Butter and Jelly to the ice cream
Store leftover cottage cheese ice cream in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can store this for up to three months.
You can freeze leftover cottage cheese ice cream for up to a week. However do not freeze for more than a week.
Let it thaw at room temperature for 5-10 min before scooping.
Top tips to make the best Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- Good Quality Cottage Cheese: You need a good quality of cottage cheese because this ice cream wont taste good if your cottage cheese is stale or isn't of the best quality.
- Stir often: There is a high chance of ice formation in the ice cream while it sets. So stir it every 30 min for the first one hour to prevent ice crystals forming in the ice cream. However if you're using bananas or cashew nuts you can skip this step.
- Blend perfectly: Blend perfectly in a food processor or an ice cream maker so that the mixture gets smooth and creamy.
- Bananas: You can add bananas to the mixture to thicken it.
Related sugar free ice cream recipes
Looking for other sugar free desserts recipes like this? Try these:
How is Cottage Cheese made?
Cottage Cheese is made by adding lemon juice or vinegar to pasteurized milk. When you add Acid to the Milk the whey and milk solid separated. And then you take the milk solid and refrigerate it for 10 min. Your cottage cheese is ready.
Is Cottage Cheese Delicious?
Yes! Homemade Cottage Cheese or fresh Cottage Cheese is very delicious. Its slightly tarty, but not as tarty as feta cheese. Its got a very creamy taste to it.
What does Whipped Cottage Cheese taste like?
Whipped Cottage Cheese actually tastes just like cream cheese. So yes, you can use it to make dips or cheesecake or other desserts etc.
What can you do with frozen Cottage Cheese?
Cottage Cheese has a high moisture content so if you have frozen cottage cheese the moisture from it must have dried. So you need to thaw it to room temperature and then you can use it to top your salad or whip it to make a quick dip.
Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
- 2 cups Cottage Cheese
- 2 scoops Protein Powder optional
- ½ cup Maple Syrup zero sugar
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder optional
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice optional
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips unsweetened
- In a high speed blender or ice cream maker, blend together cottage cheese with choice of frozen fruit, until smooth and creamy.
- If you're using whey protein powder or cocoa powder or orange juice to make orange chocolate cottage cheese ice cream, you can add them to the blender along with the other ingredients and blend until smooth
- Transfer this mixture to a loaf pan or an ice cream pan and cover tightly with a sling wrap. Let it refrigerate for up to 7-8 hours.
- Freeze for 1 hour before scooping and serving.