Healthy Blueberry Yogurt Parfait is a quick and easy high protein breakfast recipe packing over 20gm of Protein per serving. These healthy Make Ahead Protein Yogurt Parfaits are a great way to enjoy a healthy and nutritious breakfast which is packed with protein and antioxidant rich blueberries.
Yogurt Parfait with Protein Powder
I'm all about high protein recipes. And give me a high protein breakfast which is bursting with fresh berries, yogurt, protein powder and oats! I'm all in.
This Healthy Greek Yogurt Parfait Recipe with protein powder and blueberries is super easy to make and can be made in less than 15 minutes.
Also this Blueberry Yogurt Parfait uses fresh blueberries and honey for sweetness. So this is not your usual high sugar breakfast parfait but super simple, easy and low in sugar which is great for a good start to the day.
Ingredients needed for Blueberry Yogurt Parfait
Listed below are the ingredients you would need to make this Blueberry Yogurt Parfait.
- Blueberries - I love to use fresh blueberries as frozen blueberries when thawed make a syrup which kinda floats into the yogurt making it a flavored yogurt. However you can use that too.
- Honey - I use raw honey for sweetness. You can use zero sugar maple syrup or any sugar free sweetener as well.
- Lime Juice
- Rolled Oats - You can replace Rolled Oats with Granola as well.
- Pumpkin Seeds - Besides this you can use any choice of nuts as well.
- Thick Greek Yogurt - I recommend using this as it gives the best taste and texture to the parfaits. For vegan version you can use dairy free yogurt as well.
- Protein Powder - I love to use Vanilla Protein Powder or unflavored Protein Powder for recipes like these so that it doesn't distort the taste of the yogurt and fresh berries.
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Healthy Blueberry Greek Yogurt Parfait with Protein Powder
Cook the Blueberries with honey and lime juice until bursty. Set aside.
In a separate skillet, toast the rolled oats with pumpkin seeds.
Whisk thick greek yogurt with vanilla protein powder.
Assemble the layers. The first will be the layer of yogurt, followed by Oats and finally Blueberries. Repeat and top with more fresh blueberries and mint leaves.
Remember to cool down the Blueberry filling before using it. Also if your Blueberry filling is too runny, you can add a bit of cornstarch slurry to thicken it.
Hint: Use thick greek yogurt which is at room temperature for best results.
How to store Parfaits?
Refrigerate: You can make the parfait in a lidded mason jar and refrigerate it for up to 5 days.
Make ahead: You can easily make this parfait the night before and store it in the fridge so that you can enjoy it the next morning. You can enjoy homemade parfaits for up to 5days. So you can use any fresh berries or fruits of your choice to make ahead parfaits.
Freeze: Yes if you are making parfaits in bulk, you can freeze them in an airtight mason jar. Remember to thaw it overnight before serving.
Are Parfaits Healthy?
Yes Parfaits are healthy as long as you donot use refined sugar to make them. I always love to make Fruit Yogurt Parfait at home so that I can control the amount of sugar I'm adding to the parfaits.
Is Parfait Yogurt or Ice Cream?
Parfait is actually a yogurt based breakfast recipe which is typically made with layers of yogurt, fresh fruits and oats or granola or nuts.
What is Parfait made of?
Parfait is a breakfast dessert kinda recipe which is super cooling, healthy and make ahead recipe. This uses fresh fruits or berries, greek yogurt and sometimes Rolled Oats or Nuts.
What are the best fruits for Parfait?
You can use any fresh fruits of your choice to make Parfaits. I like to use Berries for the summers. Be it Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries or Blackberries. Also you can use fresh fruits like Mangoes, Pineapples or Kiwis etc.
Looking for other healthy protein recipes like this? Try these:
Protein Loaded Blueberry Yogurt Parfait
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Protein powder
- Cook the Blueberries with honey and lime juice until bursty. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, toast the rolled oats with pumpkin seeds.
- Whisk thick greek yogurt with vanilla protein powder.
- Assemble the layers. The first will be the layer of yogurt, followed by Oats and finally Blueberries. Repeat and top with more fresh blueberries and mint leaves.