Soft, moist, sweet and chocolaty Banana Muffins filled with chocolate walnut ganache has that perfect amount of chewiness, softness, and moisture that we look for in a muffin.
As you take the first bite your taste buds will love the heavenly combination of fruity bananas and chocolate. Moreover, the walnuts will give you that bite in your muffins.
When you look at these chocolate-filled banana muffins you begin craving it right away. You see chocolate chunks making tiny little windows in the muffin and peaking out of it like a shy little teenage girl.
This recipe is inspired by Chocolate Filled Banana Muffins recipe by Tasty. I just loved this recipe and decided to make it myself. However, I have used double chocolate (Cocoa Powder + Chocolate Chips) & walnut ganache instead of just chocolate chips and heavy cream.
Banana Muffins filled with Chocolate
So, what happened is that I had got a dozen bananas in my home. I had decided to make Banana Walnut Muffins. But, while I was going to make my muffins I saw some chocolate chips lying on the kitchen shelf. My next thought was, let me try Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips. So, I went ahead for preparing my wet ingredients. Creaming my bananas, Butter, Brown Sugar, egg, Greek Yogurt, Vinegar (you can use buttermilk as a replacement of Vinegar and Yogurt) and Vanilla Essence.
In the meantime, my little kid - who is always excited while I'm baking something in the kitchen - comes to me and shows me a quick video on Instagram or Facebook. It was a video that changed the fortune of these Banana Muffins.
It was this chocolate Filled Banana Muffins video by Tasty. Though my muffins are inspired by them, but, I have given in my personal twist based on what I like. After all, what's baking if I don't have the freedom to make a few changes. I have used eggs along with Yogurt and Vinegar to get a bigger dome for my muffins. I have doubled the chocolate (since (I LOVE Chocolate! So does my kids) in my chocolate ganache. I have used melted chocolate chips with condensed milk, some warm milk, and some extra cocoa powder. Last but not the least, I have used chopped walnuts for my chocolate ganache because everyone in the world knows that Chocolate and walnuts are a match made in heaven.
What are the other variations of this Banana Muffins?
- You Can Add Some Applesauce along with mashed bananas. It will make your muffins a lot less sweet and more balanced.
- You can Make Peanut Butter Banana Muffins by adding some Peanut Butter while you are creaming your butter and sugar. It will give that awesome Peanut Buttery taste which will make it taste much more awesome!
- You Can fold in Some Blueberries while folding your dry ingredients to the wet to get that awesome blueberry taste in your muffins.
How to Make Gluten-Free Banana Muffin?
If you are allergic to gluten then you can use buckwheat flour or Almond Flour or Amaranth Flour for this recipe. The rest of the recipe remains the same. Just replace All-Purpose flour with any one of these three. If you are allergic to gluten then chances are that you'll already have these flour in your home. So all you have to do is just replace AP Flour with it.
How to Make No-Sugar Banana Muffins?
In case you want to make it without any extra sugar, then all you have to do is not add any sugar. Don't worry, it won't taste bad. The natural sweetness of the bananas is fructose and that's a healthy sugar. It is more than enough to make your bananas taste awesome!
Now let's take a look at how to Make Banana Muffins Filled with Double Chocolate Walnut Ganache
Banana Muffins filled with Double Chocolate Walnut Ganache
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 pieces Ripe Bananas
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Milk whichever kind you want
- ¼ Cup Condensed Milk
- ¼ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ½ Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Thick Greek Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 420F and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, Vinegar, Vanilla Essence, Thick Greek Yogurt and whisk well until the volumes increase and it becomes light and airy.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon powder and add them to your wet ingredients.
- Fold until everything is well combined. Add chocolate chunks and fold them into the batter.
- Take an Ice-cream scoop and place them on the muffin tin.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then lower the temperature by 100 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Take them out and use a circular spoon or a spatula to make a circular hole in the center of the muffin.
Double Chocolate Walnut Ganache
- Add Chocolate Chips, Condensed Milk, Warm Milk, and Cocoa Powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Microwave for 30 seconds in full power. Stir after 30 seconds and check if the chocolate chips have melted. If not, then microwave for another 20 seconds and check.
- Mix some chopped walnuts with this chocolate ganache and pour it via a piping bag or spoon into the circular hole that you've made in your muffin.
- Chill your muffins in the fridge for about an hour.