Steel Cut Oats cooked in the Instant Pot, is the easiest and healthiest breakfast ever. Top with any kind of toppings you love and serve it instantly. This makes for the best Breakfast recipe for busy Back to School Days.
It's the end of August, which means it's School Time again! The end of August calls for some healthy Breakfast Recipes which are super easy but filling and comforting. Have you tried my easy Breakfast recipes like
- Peanut butter Banana Bread
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Flourless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Vegan | GF) (just 4 ingredients)!
- Mango Banana Smoothie with Oats
- Tropical Chia Banana Smoothie
- Refreshing Cucumber Mint Smoothie with Flaxseeds
- Healthy Banana Walnut Bread with Flax
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Healthy Apple Cranberry Muffins
Steel Cut Oats are so expensive these days in restaurants. I think the last time I checked it cost around $10 in New York. It's seriously so expensive and coming to realize it, it's seriously so easy to make.
I know, making porridge on the stovetop can be time taking. However, you can always use your Instant Pot.
Did you know that you can make Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot in just 4 minutes? It's basically a quick dump and forget recipe and by the time, you're ready for breakfast it's absolutely ready to be served.
Wanna know more about Steel Cut oats? Learn more here about Steel Cut Oats Vs Instant Oats Vs Rolled Oats.
In fact, the aroma of Oats being cooked in the Instant Pot is so intense, that it automatically makes me feel excited and energetic in the mornings.
This has been my go-to routine for years now. The time I make my coffee, I put Steel Cut Oats and Almond Milk in the Instant pot and put it to cook. By the time, I am ready for breakfast, it's done, the steam is released naturally and it's just ready to be served...!
When you can make such easy Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot, then why would you ever want to have it in restaurants?
- Steel Cut Oats
- Almond Milk (or 1/2 of milk and 1/2 of water)
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: COOK THE OATS
- Pour Oats and Almond Milk in the Instant pot
- Cover with the lid
- Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes (it will take 7 minutes for pressure to build up)
- Allow the pressure to release naturally. (should take bout 9 minutes)
STEP 2: ADD TOPPINGS OF YOUR CHOICE
- Add toppings of your choice and serve these Oats
Remember to add enough water or milk so that the Oats cooks to perfection.
- Soy Milk - you can replace Almond Milk with Soy Milk or any other Plant Based Milk
- Instant Oats - If you're using Instant Oats, then reduce the cooking time by 2-minutes as they cook quickly.
- Rolled Oats - You can replace Steel Cut Oats with Rolled Oats. The cooking time will remain the same.
- Steel Cut Oats in the Oven - You can also, make Steel Cut Oats in the oven. Just dump Oats and Milk in a pot and place in the oven. Cook for 2 minutes on full power or @180C or 350F for 3 minutes.
- Steel Cut Oats on the Stove top - Add the Oats and Milk in a pot and cover cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add enough milk or water, so that nothing gets stuck to the bottom of the pan.
Storage & Make Ahead Instructions
You can make these Oats ahead of time and refrigerate them in an air-tight container. It gets too thick, then reheats by adding some water in the oven at full power for 1 minute.
You can store cooked Steel Cut Oats in the refrigerator in a Mason jar. The texture of the oats will change as they will sit in the moisture for longer. They will be a bit softer and chewier.
OTHER HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES
- Egg White breakfast Quesadillas - Flourless Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes - Breakfast Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Healthy Oats Chocolate Banana Bread
- Breakfast Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Yogurt Parfait
- Healthy Kiwi Chia Pudding - Vegan | No-Sugar Breakfast
- Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- Blueberry Crumb Cake - Summer Breakfast Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Dragonfruit Smoothie Bowl
- Tropical Chia Banana Smoothie
- Mango Chia Pudding
- Vanilla Chia Pudding with White Grapes and Bananas
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 3 cups Almond Milk or water (or 11/2 cup Almond Milk and 11/2 cup of water)
- Bananas, Kiwis, Maple, Coconut Sugar, Nut Butter for topping
- Dump the Steel Cut Oats and Milk in the Instant Pot. Cover with the lid and put the knob in the sealing position. Pressure cook at high pressure for 4 minutes. (It will take 7 minutes for the instant pot to build the pressure and another 9 minutes after the cooking to release the pressure naturally. So, it should take about 20 minutes in total to get cooked).
- Top with toppings of your choice and serve