These Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast bowls are so tasty! A super-healthy breakfast recipe that is packed with protein, fiber, and minerals. Moreover, quinoa is naturally gluten-free so, basically, this recipe will make your mornings absolutely sorted.
Also, have you tried my Cilantro Lime Quinoa, it's super-healthy and highly recommended.
A Healthy Morning Breakfast with Quinoa & Apples
Waking up reluctantly to a lazy fall morning, I feel so sleepy that I just want to go back to sleep.
I know the clock is ticking and I have work to do. But, the fall and winter weather is so cozy, that I don't feel like getting up at all.
Now, when I wake up and help myself to a cup of coffee, I am fully awake.
And, then the hunger pangs start craving.
Without some food in my belly, my entire world seems to go upside down.
So, in those wee morning hours when I was lazily looking at my phone with sleepy eyes, I was in that state, and I stumbled upon this idea of making a bowl of quinoa cinnamon apples.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
Cinnamon and Apples obviously make an excellent combination. Apples are naturally healthy fruit which we must include in our diet. And, the addition of cinnamon with apples makes it so tasty.
Cinnamon adds a tone of nuttiness to our apples and also makes it so fragrant. right?
What I also love about a healthy bowl of morning breakfast is how you can just have one bowl of food and then you are absolutely sorted for the day.
I mean that is an incredible thing right? Rather than munching on all those unhealthy stuff all day long, you sit back for like 30-minutes, fix yourself this healthy bowl of breakfast, eat it up and you are good to go. right?
Another thing is that we are using quinoa here. Quinoa is so rich in fiber and protein that it will actually help you feel full all day long.
In my opinion, this easy breakfast recipe that must definitely go to your list. So easy to make and so tasty.
Is Quinoa Good For your Health?
Of Course, YES! Quinoa is very good for health. These are like some of the proven benefits of quinoa.
- Quinoa won't make you feel hungry. Why? Well, it contains protein. Protein makes you feel satiated and checks your hunger cravings. Also, it contains fiber. Fiber takes a lot of time to breakdown. As a result, you feel full for a longer time.
- Quinoa facilitates digestion. Why? Well, the answer is fiber. And, when you have proper digestion, you are basically, promoting metabolism in your body.
Healthy Breakfast for Weight Loss
These days we are all struggling with weight loss goals, right? I mean, I am a chunky girl and yes, I try really hard to keep in shape. I am being totally honest with you. And Yes, I do look for some healthy breakfast for weight loss.
And, there could be nothing better than this Cinnamon Apple Quinoa bowl which is loaded with protein, fiber, and so many minerals.
As we talked about earlier quinoa is a super-healthy grain that actually does help in Weight loss. And along with that, you have apples.
Apples are also proven to promote weight loss. Apples also help lower blood sugar levels. Apples promote digestion. Apples reduce cholesterol. Apples keep your bones stronger.
Apples help in Weight loss. Really? How?
Well, Apple has fiber which is called Pectin fiber. This fiber lowers the absorption of fats in the body and also helps you stay full for a longer time. As I said earlier, fiber takes a lot of time to breakdown. That's the reason, you feel full for a long time.
Besides that, this Pectin fiber helps reduce LDL cholesterol which is basically "Unhealthy Cholesterol".
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa Bowls
Well, this recipe involves just a few basic steps. And I am 100% sure that you will love this recipe.
- Cook Quinoa and Apples in some water. Cover cook them for about 20-minutes. Apples will get all mushy and your quinoa will be cooked.
- Now, take out and stir in cinnamon. Serve it in a bowl. Top it with Almond Milk and Chopped Apples.
- Top with some grated coconut, some maple syrup, some fresh cranberries, and some fresh cherries and you are good to go.
Wasn't that one of the easiest recipes ever? You betcha!
OTHER QUINOA RECIPE YOU CAN TRY:
- KETO Quinoa Zucchini Muffins
- Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Low Carb Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas
Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- ½ Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cup Water
- 2 Large Apples
- 1½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Cranberries OPTIONAL
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cherries OPTIONAL
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut cut in slices
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Milk
- First wash and peel apples. Now, Chop then into small bite-sized chunks.
- In a saucepan, cook quinoa and apples with some water. First, bring it to a bowl. Then cover it with a lid and let it simmer for about 25-30 minutes. Quinoa will soak up most of the water and apples will become soft and mushy.
- Take it off the heat. Stir in Cinnamon. Serve them in a bowl. Top with apple chunks coated with cinnamon. Add some almond milk to it. Top with coconut, cranberries, fresh cherries, and some maple syrup. Enjoy!