Delicious Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Buttery Streusel Topping is the best Fall Coffee Cake and Breakfast Cake recipe. I call this Cake vegan because I have made it with Vegan Non-Dairy Butter and Almond Milk.
This Pumpkin Coffee Cake is Moist, Flavorful, Fall Spiced with a buttery Streusel topping. 😋
Also try these favorite Pumpkin Desserts
- Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Fudge - No Bake Fall & Thanksgiving Dessert
- Easiest Pumpkin Earthquake Cake
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust in a Muffin Pan
- Gingersnap Crusted Pumpkin Praline Bars (Without Cake Mix)
- Maple Glazed Pumpkin Blondies
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Scrumptious Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chips Scones with Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
This Pumpkin Coffee Cake is so delicious! It has a thick, dense, and buttery streusel topping which is undoubtedly the best thing about this Coffee Cake.
When I think of Pumpkin coffee cake, I think of a buttery streusel on top of a Pumpkin spiced, moist and dense cake.
I typically, make it early in the morning and put it in the oven.
It only takes 30 minutes to get baked and by the time everybody is up, the house is smelling warm and festive and I love to serve everyone a big piece of this delicious Pumpkin Coffee Cake. 😋😋
Today being the first day of Fall, I thought of making this super cozy and delicious Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
I know, its literally a Pumpkin Party in my blog right now! 🎃 😄
My readers keep telling me about how they love my Fall recipes and the endless list of Pumpkin recipes which I have been making since the beginning of September.
I just love Fall so much that I have been running to the store to get tonnes of canned Pumpkin Puree and Pumpkin spice to make these endless Pumpkin desserts!
But it's always fun. I keep waiting for this beautiful time of the year. The chilly nights, the cozy days, and the festive spirit. It is all just so so so good...!
When I think about a Typical Coffee Cake, the first thought that comes to my mind is the buttery streusel on top. This Buttery streusel is pretty thick and quite dense.
It's quite unlike a crumble or a crisp. Also, the coffee cake streusel is made without Oats. I have made so many Coffee Cakes in the Past - be it the Banana Coffee Cake or my Peach Coffee Cake Muffins or my Blueberry Coffee Cake!
The only thing common in all of these is the buttery and cinnamony crust, which makes these cakes super delicious and perfect for a cozy breakfast, aside from some quick coffee and some fresh fruits.
Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake
This Coffee Cake is Vegan. I have used Vegan Butter and Almond Milk to make this Coffee Cake. Also, this is Eggless Coffee Cake, but is still so moist and delicious.
Also try these favorite Vegan desserts
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Flour Brownies (Vegan | GF)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins (Vegan | GF)
- VEGAN GRANOLA CUPS
- No-Bake Apricot Coconut Balls (Vegan, Keto, Paleo, Gluten-Free)
- Almond Flour Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars (Gluten-Free | Vegan)
- Vegan Almond Flour Brownies with Macadamia Nuts (Vegan | Gluten Free)
🍳 The best Fall Breakfast Cake - Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Making this Breakfast special Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake is so easy and so much fun...!
🥘 How to make Moist Pumpkin Coffee Cake
STEP 1: MIX THE DRY INGREDIENTS
- You start by mixing the dry ingredients which are just the basic four - Flour, Baking Powder, and Baking Soda along with Brown Sugar.
- Also, since this is a Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake, So, we will add some Ground Cinnamon and some Pumpkin Pie Spice to the dry ingredients and mix it all really well.
STEP 2: MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS
- For the Wet Ingredients, combine Pumpkin Puree with Almond Milk, Vanilla Extract, Cider Vinegar, and Vegetable Oil.
- Combine everything using a whisk and add it to the dry ingredients mixture. (Cider Vinegar acts as the replacement for the Eggs. If you are to use Eggs, skip out on the Cider Vinegar)
- Fold the mixture to make a ribbony consistency Cake Batter.
- Pour it in a Lined 9 by 9 inch baking dish.
STEP 3: MAKING THE STREUSEL
- For the streusel, combine some Flour with Brown Sugar, Vegan Cubed Butter and Ground Cinnamon.
- Mix it with your hands or use two forks to make a crumbly streusel.
- Be generous while you sprinkle the Streusel over your Pumpkin spice cake.
- It needs to be thick! The real flavors are always in the streusel.
- Bake this Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake for 30 minutes at 350F or 180C.
STEP 4: MAKE MAPLE GLAZE
- Meanwhile, make a Maple glaze by mixing about 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar with 2 Tablespoon of Almond Milk and 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup.
- Use a whisk to mix it all up until you get a thin glaze ready to be drizzled!
STEP 5: GLAZE THE FRESHLY BAKED PUMPKIN COFFEE CAKE
- Once the Pumpkin Coffee Cake is ready, cool it down to room temperature
- Drizzle the glaze with the help of your whisk ir a fork.
- Finally, cut it into squares and serve!
🧊 How to Store Pumpkin Coffee Cake?
This Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
This Pumpkin Coffee Cake, however, is best enjoyed when it is warm. So, before you serve it would be a great idea to heat the cake at full power in the oven for 2-3 minutes and then serve it.
OTHER PUMPKIN DESSERT RECIPES
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting
- Best Homemade Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce & White Chocolate Chips
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why is it called Coffee Cake?
Coffee Cake gets its name because its typically a breakfast cake. And this is served for Breakfast with Tea or Coffee.
How do you make a Coffee Cake?
Coffee Cake is made using basic ingredients and topped with a crumb topping and then baked.
Does Coffee Cake have Coffee in it?
Many people add some Coffee Liqueur in the Coffee Cake. However, seasonal coffee cake like this one has no coffee in it.
What is difference between crumb topping and streusel?
A Crumb Topping and Streusel are actually the same thing. This is basically Butter and Sugar combine with some Cinnamon and Flour. When this is sprinkled over the cake batter and baked, the end result is a crispy and crumbly topping over the cake.
What is the difference between a Buckle and a Coffee Cake?
A Buckle is a Coffee Cake with fruits while a traditional Coffee Cake is made using Coffee Liqueur and Sour Cream.
Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Buttery Streusel Topping
- 2 Cups AP Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamom
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Almond Milk or other Non Dairy Milk
- ½ teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- ¼ cup AP Flour
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Vegan Butter melted
- 3 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C and line a baking tray with Parchment Paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Flour with Brown Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Ground Cinnamon, and Pumpkin Spice.
- In another Mixing bowl combine the canned Pumpkin Puree with Almond Milk, Cider Vinegar, Vanilla Extract, and Canola Oil. Mix everything well and pour it into the dry mixture.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients using a rubber or wooden spatula to make the Cake batter. Pour it in your lined baking tray.
- To make the streusel topping, combine Melted Vegan Butter with Flour, Brown Sugar, and Ground Cinnamon. Mix everything with your hands until you have a crumbly streusel ready. Sprinkle it over the unbaked Pumpkin Cake.
- Bake your Pumpkin Coffee Cake for 30 minutes at 350F or 180 C.After it gets baked cool it down on the counter for 10 minutes.
- To make the Maple Glaze combine granulated sugar with Maple Syrup and Almond Milk. Mix everything well and drizzle over the Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
- Cut the Coffee cake into equal-sized squares and serve it warm.