Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips make for quick and easy Breakfast Muffins. These Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips are moist, super healthy and so delicious. These Muffins take just 15 minutes to get baked. They are fluffy, soft and so good.
Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
These are Healthy Zucchini Muffins. Made with Oats Flour, Bananas, Zucchinis, Coconut Sugar, and Chocolate Chips, these muffins are healthy but never do they taste bland. In fact, not for one moment will you be feeling that you are eating a muffin made with Zucchini. This tastes nothing like Zucchini. In fact, the Bananas add a natural sweetness to these muffins along with the Coconut sugar, making it taste almost like Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins but even better.
Ingredients needed to make Chocolate Chips Zucchini Muffins
- Oats Flour - Rather than using Whole Wheat Flour, I have used Oatmeal Flour for this recipe. Oatmeal Flour is naturally Gluten-Free and is a healthy alternative to All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat Flour.
- Coconut Sugar - Coconut Sugar is the best alternative to Granulated sugar or Brown sugar
- Baking Powder + Baking Soda - Yes, I use both of these leavening agents which help make these Muffins tall and fluffy.
- Light Olive Oil - I like to use Light Olive Oil for this recipe because it makes these muffins soft and moist. Also, it's the perfect alternative to unhealthy butter fats. You can swap this with Coconut Oil as well.
- Ripe Bananas - I like to use Ripe Bananas for these Muffins. It naturally moistens and sweetens this muffin
- Unsweetened Chocolate Chips - I like to use Unsweetened Chocolate Chips for this recipe because I love dark chocolate flavors. You can replace it with semi-sweet chocolate chips as well.
- Vanilla - Lastly, just a hint of Vanilla is required to make these Muffins taste just the best.
I have made these healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips without Eggs or Flax Eggs or Sour Cream or Yogurt. Honestly, these don't need either of these ingredients. These Zucchini Muffins are just perfectly moist and delicious.
How to make Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Making these Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips is a breeze. It doesn't require any fancy ingredients. If you just have a Zucchini lying around in your refrigerator, use it to make these amazingly easy and healthy muffins and surprise yourself with its taste.
STEP 1: Grate the Zucchini
This is the most important step of this recipe. Grate the zucchini using a box grater. Then squeeze out the excess water. Bloating the grated Zucchini is very important. I would never suggest you skip this step. As Zucchini has a LOT of moisture in it and using all of that in your muffins will easily flatten your Muffins.
STEP 2: Make the muffin batter
Combine the grated Zucchini with Mashed Bananas, Olive Oil, Vanilla, Oatmeal Flour, Coconut Sugar, Baking powder, Baking Soda, and Chocolate Chips. Stir using a wooden or rubber spatula until combined. Do not overmix.
STEP 3: Bake the Muffins
Pour the muffin batter into a greased Muffin tin. Bake these Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips @ 350°F (180°C) for 15 minutes.
After the Muffins get baked, allow them to cool down in the same muffin tin for 5-6 minutes, before you get them out on the wire rack.
STEP 4: Serve
Serve these Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips and enjoy!
Other Healthy Alternatives to this recipe
I am always about finding alternatives to a recipe. It not only makes the recipe more flexible. but also more accessible. I like to make a few changes every time I make these Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips.
- Blueberries - Yessss! I love Blueberries in my muffins. And Zucchini Muffins with Blueberries tastes beyond yum!
- Dates - Oh yum! Yes, You can replace Bananas with pitted Dates. Dates are super healthy and will naturally sweeten your muffins
- Nuts - Nuts are always a great addition to Muffins. For these Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips, I like to use Almonds or Walnuts. Both are equally healthy and a great addition to these muffins.
Lastly, this recipe is so easy and accessible. You can make it with anything you have at home lying around. It's just the perfect summer morning breakfast.
How to make Vegan Zucchini Muffins
For all my Vegan friends, this recipe is perfect for you. In fact, this recipe doesn't use Eggs or Sour Cream so it's naturally Vegan. You will love these Vegan Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips.
Gluten-Free Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
I love these Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips because these have been made with Oatmeal Flour which makes them naturally gluten-free. You can also use Almond Flour or any other Gluten Free flour. The ratio is 1:1
How to store Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
I always make a big batch of these Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips and store them away in the freezer. You can bake and cool down these Muffins completely. Then wrap individual muffins tightly with plastic wrap and store them in the freezer. You can thaw them overnight in the refrigerator and reheat them in the microwave before eating.
Other Zucchini Recipes
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Grate the unpeeled Zucchini using a Box Grater. Take it all up in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the excess water.
- In a bowl, combine the grated Zucchini with Mashed Bananas, Coconut Sugar, Light Olive Oil, Vanilla, Baking Soda, Baking powder, and Oatmeal Flour, Stir until combined
- Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin. Add the Chocolate Chips on top. Bake these Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips @ 350°F (180°C) for 15 min. After the Muffins get baked, allow them to cool in the same muffin tin for 5 minutes.
- Serve these Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips and enjoy!