Tasty Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - Bite into the world of melty chocolate and fruity bananas. These soft, moist and flavorful banana muffins are totally worth skipping your diet!
Other Banana Desserts to Try:
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
After making so many banana desserts, I still can't say with confidence that I have lived my fantasy of making every possible Banana and chocolate dessert. Seriously guys! What do you think of this Banana and Chocolate combination? You love it don't you? Well, I do! I Do! and a hundred times I Do!
So, looking at the bright over-ripe bananas while brushing my teeth in the morning, I was sort of feeling guilty for not getting time to use them. So, just as any person, I washed my mouth and got determined that today I'm gonna make something with these bananas.
But, I wanted more chocolate! I checked photos of people who had made Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and they were just plain banana muffins topped with chocolate chips. I wanted mine to be different. I wanted mine to have a lot more chocolate. So, I decided to make this a double chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin. I have previously made many double chocolate recipes such as this double Chocolate Nutella cookies and these double chocolate muffins
In my head, I was so excited that I am creating a unique recipe. I was excited to share it with y'all. I was excited to try it myself and give it to my kids and husband. And, the best part is that everyone except my husband (who has sort of a sweet tooth) loves that bitter-sweet taste of dark chocolate. Moreover, Its good for health. Therefore we get all the more reasons to have more and more dark chocolate. Just as this Dark Chocolate Walnut fudges and these Dark Chocolate Fudge Walnut brownies
Just a head's Up that I have used Chopped cashews and chopped walnuts along with chocolate chips. If you want some more bite, feel free to add some more chopped almonds as well. According to me, the nuttier the better.
So, How to Make these Double Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- First, we will cream out butter and sugar mixture. This is important because it makes our muffin light and fluffy. Then we add egg, some sour cream, and some vanilla essence so that our muffins become moist.
- Now is the time to add your over-ripe mashed bananas. Remember that the secret of the moist muffin is a ripe banana. If your bananas are not ripe just keep them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake them at full power for 1-minute. They will become black on the outside. Now peel the cover and use the muffin.
- Now we will sift our baking powder, baking soda, All-Purpose flour, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg and add it into the wet ingredient mix. Just fold it into the mix.
- Add chocolate chips (LOT), chopped walnuts (because Chocolate is always incomplete without some walnuts) and some Chopped cashews (because for me cashews and bananas are a perfect combination)
- Place them in a muffin tray greased with butter or cooking spray. Bake at 420F for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature by 100 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes.
Now, let's take a look at the Printable Recipe for Double Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter softened at room temperature
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 Tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ⅕ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- ⅕ Cup Chopped Cashews
- ¼ Cup Dark Unsweetened Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 420F and grease a muffin tray with oil/butter/cooking spray.
- Cream unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Sift All-Purpose flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg and cocoa powder into the batter and fold it well until all combines. Add chopped walnuts, chopped cashews and lots of chocolate chips and mix well.
- Place them on a baking tray. Fill up to the top. For a larger dome of the muffin fill up as much as you can. Add some more chocolate chips on the top and bake for 5 minutes at this temperature. Then lower the temperature by 100 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes. Let it come back to room temperature. Enjoy.