Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting - Creamy, chocolaty, nutty cupcakes with delicious cream cheese frosting is a cupcake recipe that creates a feast of flavors the moment you take its first bite.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
After I made my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, I was left with a choice to make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins or Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes. I went for Cupcakes because I had an eye for the cream cheese kept in my fridge.
I loved my banana chocolate chip bread. My family was all praises for it. But, I wanted to take my baking a notch higher. I wanted to bake banana chocolate chip cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
To be honest with you, I am really new at this. I am pretty confident with Brownies, cookies, and muffins. I have made a ton of them. In fact, to be honest with you, I bake one almost every day except on Sunday. But, when it comes to making cupcakes, I am still learning. You can see my first ever vanilla Cupcake with buttercream frosting recipe.
Today, I tried to go for the cream cheese frosting. And, let me tell you honestly, that I was scared. I am not scared of my cupcakes. I know that they will taste awesome.
But, the part where you do the frosting was unchartered territory for me. I kept wondering what if I pour a huge dollop of frosting. It will ruin my hard work. However, with sheer confidence and motivation, I went on. And, I did pretty well I think!
I have used some chopped cashews along with chopped walnuts and chocolate chips because I really like the combination of banana with cashews.
I remember how as a child my grand-dad would make this delicious banana custard occasionally and he would ask my mom to throw in a large cup of chopped cashews. I would sit beside him and watch him make it. While eating it, my taste buds would be searching for those cashews. Hence, the combination of cashew and bananas is something that will always love.
Chocolate and Banana is a heavenly combination. Banana has its own sweetness and chocolate chips (I always use dark-unsweetened ones) has its own flavors. Both bring a balance of flavors to our taste buds when we have it in a dessert.
I had made these Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins with raisins a few days back and everyone in my family loved it a lot. I had also tried a combination of Banana and chocolate in my Banana Muffins filled with chocolate walnut ganache. My husband said, that If I sold it in the market, they would cost at least $2 per muffin. He loved it.
I would want to tell you what are the things that I have used to make my Chocolate Chip Banana Cupcakes.
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Mashed Bananas (Ripe ones)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Powdered Cinnamon and Powdered Nutmeg
- Chopped Walnuts
- Chopped Cashews
- Dark-Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
To Make Cream Cheese Frosting I have used these Ingredients.
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated sugar
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- First I have creamed butter and sugar with a hand mixer. You can use a stand mixer if you want. Then add eggs, sour cream, and mashed bananas. Mix well. The reason we cream out butter and sugar is that it makes our cupcake light and fluffy.
- Next, I sifted all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder and added them into the batter. Now, I just fold them into my mixture. My batter was smooth, chocolaty and quite liquidy but not too liquidy.
- Now I added chopped walnuts and cashews into it and mixed them well
- I placed them on a muffin tray lined with cupcake liners and baked them at 350F or 180C for 15 minutes. Just before they were about to get done, I drizzled chocolate chips over my cupcakes.
- For cream cheese frosting I have mixed cream cheese and granulated sugar for a few minutes until they were creamy.
- I poured them in a piping bag and when my cupcakes were back to room temperature I drizzled the frosting over my cupcakes. You can either slather it all over the cupcake or you can decorate it in a striped fashion or like a pinwheel.
Now, let's take a look at the Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting Printable Recipe.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter softened
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 3 Mashed Ripe Bananas
- 4 Tablespoon Sour Cream
- 4 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ⅙ Cup Chopped Cashews
- ⅙ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Dark Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
Preparing Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line a 12 piece muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add Vanilla Extract, Egg, mashed ripe Bananas, Sour Cream, and milk. Mix well with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add sifted All-Purpose flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Cocoa Powder and mix well. Add ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, chopped cashews, chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Add the batter into the muffin tray right until the top. Level it with a spoon. Add some more chocolate chips just 2-3 minutes before your muffins are done.
- Bake them for at least 15 minutes. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out clean inserted at the center of the cupcakes then they are ready. Take them out and let them cool down for a while at room temperature.
Preparing Cream Cheese Frosting
- Take Cream Cheese and Granulated Sugar in a bowl and mix well until light and creamy.
- Use a spoon to keep this frosting in a piping bag. Cut the nozzle with a scissor and glaze your cupcakes the way you want.
- Make a small cut on the outer end of the cupcake and push in a thin slice of banana.
- If you are not using ripe bananas your cupcakes won't be as moist as you want them to be.
- I have used sour cream and milk. Many people use buttermilk. Another option is yogurt and vinegar. I have tried this with thick greek yogurt and vinegar when I didn't have buttermilk nor sour cream. It turned out excellent.