Banana Chocolate Chip Bread - Moist, soft, chocolaty bread with the sweetness of ripe bananas and the crunch of chocolate chips is something that your taste buds would never really forget.
Bananas and chocolate are a fabulous combination. Now when you add some more chocolate chips, some bananas, and some cashews into the mix, then there would be a party of flavors in your mouth.
My bread tastes like an ocean of chocolate with waves of bananas. With Walnuts, cashews and Chocolate chips acting like exotic fishes!
From this to that! Oh, soo good and so worth the wait.
Other Banana Recipes which I like -
Healthy Oatmeal Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips and Raisins
Banana Muffins filled with Chocolate Walnut Ganache
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
To be honest with you, I am a person who loves to have such exotic bread for my breakfast. I find it healthy, satisfying and toothsome. I am telling you, if someone would make me these bread in the morning and serve it alongside a cup of steaming hot coffee, they would have won my heart that instant.
I always think that chocolate in itself has its own beauty. Not to mention that it has its very own fan base in the world of taste. But, seriously though, if you add too much sweetness in a recipe that has dark chocolate, you are virtually ruining the taste of chocolate. Therefore while preparing this banana chocolate chip bread, I have used just 1//2 cup of brown sugar. I wanted the natural sweetness of bananas while I take the bite. And, lastly, I got that. It was so satisfying.
Sometimes, especially when you are baking something, its super-important that you follow your instinct. As for me, when I am baking I don't think much. Rather I try to taste my ingredients and try to think about what would be the best combination for my recipe.
Just as, while making my banana bread, I thought I should add cashews. I really don't know why I did this. But, I think that combining bananas with cashews taste really well. And, hence along with chocolate chips and walnuts I have added cashews. They made my bread so much tastier.
Is this Banana Bread Freezer friendly?
Of course, yes! In fact, that is one of the BEST parts of this bread. You can wrap this up in a plastic wrap and store it for a week or two in the fridge.
How to Make Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips?
- First, we will cream butter and sugar in a bowl. Creaming will make sure that your fat and sugar combine well and creates air. This air helps in leavening and makes your bread light, fluffy and soft. Now we'll add egg, vanilla essence, and sour cream and beat it even more. This will add moisture to our bread and give it a nice structure. In case you don't have sour cream you can replace it with 1 tablespoon thick greek yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon vinegar.
- Next, we will mash our bananas with a fork and add them to our batter. Do not mash the bananas beforehand or else they become black! So, mash them right before you need them.
- Once we have mixed the bananas, we will sift flour (AP Flour), Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Cocoa Powder into our batter. I always sift my dry-ingredients because it is much easier to combine them into my batter.
- Lastly, I added chopped walnuts and cashews and mixed it well. After I had poured it in my baking tray, I topped it with chocolate chips.
- Now, just tap it on a plain hard surface so that all the air bubbles come down. And bake it in a preheated oven at 350F for at least 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
Troubleshooting tips for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Make sure you use ripe bananas or else your banana bread won't be as moist as you want it to be.
- I have used a metal pan for baking. And, hence It took me around 55-minutes of baking at 350F. If you are using a ceramic pan then your baking time will be different. Therefore it is necessary that you keep checking with a toothpick. (Insert a toothpick at the center, if it comes out clean, it is done!)
- There is no limit as to how much chocolate chip or walnut you can add. I think you can add as much as you want. But drizzle it on the top just before baking so that the top layer of your bread has big chocolate chips.
Let's see the Printable recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- 3 whole Mashed Ripe Bananas
- 1¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Cup Chopped cashews
- ¼ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Dark Unsweetened chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 9 x 3 x 5 inches baking tray with cooking spray. Line it with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla essence, sour cream, and mashed bananas. Beat well with a stand mixer or hand-mixer.
- Sift and add All-Purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder into the mix and mix well. Add chopped cashews, chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Pour it in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and spread it evenly. Tap it on a hard surface. Top it off with some chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 350F preheated oven. Or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Cut it into loaves and serve.
- Your baking time will differ based on the kind of baking tray you are using. I have used a non-stick metallic tray so it took me about 55 minutes. If you are using a ceramic tray then your baking time will be different. Check at regular intervals with a toothpick inserted at the center. It will be done, when it comes out clean.
- If you don't have sour cream you can replace it with thick greek yogurt (1 Tablespoon and 1/2 Teaspoon Vinegar)
Ask Me Anything