Peanut butter Banana Bread is a perfect breakfast loaf that you can enjoy with some Peanut Butter on top. This delicious Peanut butter Banana Bread is everyone's dream Bread. Seriously, is there anyone who doesn't like Peanut Butter or Banana Bread? And a combination of the two is surely going to be so delicious and yummy!
These days I always find myself drawn towards old-fashioned recipes.
This Peanut butter Banana Bread is such a nostalgic old-fashioned recipe. It's got simple flavors. But it's always the simplicity of recipes that I am drawn towards.
Comforting and simple flavors, which are usual but always good are what defines good old-fashioned tried and tested recipes for me.
This Peanut butter Banana Loaf reminds me of Saturday Mornings when I used to make Peanut Butter Banana Bread for my boys. I mean I still do. But it's different now, with them all grown up. But whenever I bake this Peanut butter Banana Bread at home, it feels like a happy weekend vibe in the house!
The sweet and nutty Banana Bread with loads of creamy Peanut butter and the sweetness of Bananas which gets a slight caramelized taste after baking is just so amazing.
If you're a Peanut Butter Lover, you are going to love this Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe for sure. Have you tried my other Banana Bread recipes - Strawberry Banana Bread or Healthy Oats Chocolate Banana Bread or Classic Banana Bread with Almonds or Healthy Banana Walnut Bread with Flax or Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
The best part about this Banana Bread is that this uses only pantry staples ingredients, requires only 10-minutes of prep time and within an hour it gets Baked to Perfection!
- Ripe Bananas - For that intense Banana flavor
- Vanilla - For that touch of Happiness 🙂
- Sour Cream - To make the Loaf moist
- Brown Sugar - For sweetness in this Banana Bread
- Eggs - To give structure to the Loaf
- Vegetable Oil - It makes this loaf super moist and fluffy
- Peanut Butter - For that perfect creamy and nutty Peanut Butter taste
- All-Purpose Flour - To give structure to the loaf
- Baking Powder - The only leavening agent required in this recipe which will make the loaf fluffy
- Salt - Just a pinch of salt to bring all the flavors to life!
How to make Peanut butter Banana Bread
Below is a brief description of the recipe. You can find the detailed guided recipe card below. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Whisk the dry ingredients
- In a bowl, whisk together, Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt until combined. Keep aside
STEP 2: Beat the Wet Ingredients
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the Bananas, Brown Sugar, Vanilla, Eggs, Sour Cream, Peanut Butter, and Vegetable Oil
- Use a handheld mixer or stand mixer to combine all of these ingredients
STEP 3: Mix the wet and dry ingredients
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet mixture
- Use a rubber spatula to combine everything.
- Do not overmix the batter
- Pour this in a lined baking dish
STEP 4: Bake the Banana Bread
- Bake the Peanut Butter Banana Bread at 350F or 180C for 1 hour
STEP 5: Serve
- After the Peanut Butter Banana Bread gets baked, allow it to cool down to room temperature before you slice it and serve.
- Serve with more Peanut Butter on top.
How to store this Peanut butter Banana Bread
You can store this Peanut butter Banana Bread in an airtight container. You can also, wrap the bread with plastic cling wrap and then again with aluminum foil. You can store this in a zip-lock bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to freeze Peanut butter Banana Bread
- Make the Peanut butter Banana Bread and cool it down completely.
- Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then again with aluminum foil wrap. Store in a zip lock bag in the freezer. This will stay fresh for up to 1 month
- You can even freeze individual loaves by wrapping them tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and then store them in a zip-lock bag in the freezer.
- Before reuse, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator, heat it through in the microwave, and then serve.
Other Banana Recipes
Mango Banana Smoothie with Oats
Banana Muffins filled with Chocolate Walnut Ganache
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Peanut butter Banana Bread
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour can replace with GF Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 3 Large Bananas
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream or Thick Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¾ cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg at room temperature
- In a bowl, whisk together All-Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt. Keep it aside
- Beat the Bananas along with all the other Wet ingredients until it gets smooth and creamy. Beat using a handheld mixer or stand mixer. If you're doing it with your hands, then mash the bananas using a fork and then mix the ingredients until well combined using a spatula
- Now, pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour this batter into a lined baking dish. Bake at 350F or 180C for 60 minutes. After the Peanut butter Banana Bread gets baked, then allow it to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Cut the bread into loaves and serve
Ask Me Anything