Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas is a traditional southern comfort food where bananas are sliced and cooked in butter, honey, cinnamon sauce. It is irresistibly good. Also, try Southern Fried Apples with Vanilla Ice Cream
Sometimes I feel like making some things that are ridiculously easy. One such recipe that has stayed with me all through my life is this Pan Fried Cinnamon Banana Recipe. I still remembered the first time when I saw this recipe. I was like - "How can there be a recipe that is SO EASY?"
Other Banana Recipes popular on the blog:
- Mini Banana Cheesecakes
- Banana Cinnamon Roll
- Banana Coffee Cake
- Healthy Banana Walnut Bread with Flax
So, Let's Make Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas
Now before we begin, I would like to point out that this is a fried banana recipe. So, it isn't healthy. In fact, it cannot be healthy. So, to all my health policers out there, I am sorry!
Let's start off with our fruity friend - Bananas. Let's peel them and chop them into small rounds. Working with Bananas is so much fun right? The sweet aromatic fragrance of those ripe soft bananas!
- In a medium-sized saucepan let's put some butter and some oil so that the butter doesn't get burned.
- In this, you can add your powdered cinnamon. I love the fragrance of cinnamon. It has that typical earthy smell that can make the cooking scene so fragrant and aromatic. Moreover, when you throw cinnamon in sizzly, melty butter it creates a spring of taste both on your plate and your taste pallet.
- At this point in time, I like adding some brown sugar to my pan. I really like caramelized bananas. It creates a wonderful coating around my Bananas which is both sweet and crusty. That's what I like about brown sugar. It creates a beautiful caramel texture. Now, if you haven't got brown sugar at home, you can always use white sugar. White sugar will work just fine.
- Once our sugar has become friends with the butter and cinnamon and we can see their friendship bubbling in front of us, we can add just a little honey into the mix. Adding honey will make the mixture thicker, sweeter, and more sort of caramelized. Don't look at me like that. I love my bananas a little extra sweet. Ok! If you don't want you can ignore this step.
- Now's the time to bring in our sweet fruity friend - Bananas. As you add your bananas into the pan, things will become sizzling. The moisture of the bananas comes in contact with the butter and they create that sizzle. But, don't worry. It's just temporary. Just step back and watch it happen. And, keep the flame low.
- In the next two minutes, you got to use your tongs to flip your bananas over. Why should we leave out the other side? Let it enjoy some sizzling as well. Let that part get caramelized.
But, keep in mind that we want pan-fried bananas. We don't want burnt bananas. I am telling this to myself. Actually what happened is that I got so lost looking at the sizzling that I kept waiting until it got burnt. So, I had to re-do it.
These are some of the cons of being too attached to cooking and food. Everything happening on the pan hits your senses.
- Once your big-man show - the Bananas, are crispy, crust, and caramelized from both sides you can take them out on a plate. Drizzle some rock salt over your caramelized Bananas. Scoop out a dollop of your favorite ice cream and enjoy every bite of it.
That's it! Wasn't this the easiest recipe that you've ever made? Oh! wait, have you made something easier than this? Please let me know. I wanna try that too. Please comment below and let me know about it.
Connect with me!
Connect with me on my Facebook handles. Be sure to follow me so that you can see what Recipe Magik is up to every day. Also, feel free to ask me any questions, share and comment on my posts there 🙂
Also, connect with me on Instagram and tag with #recipemagik if you are making any recipe from this website so that I can have a look at those amazing recipes you are making from my website 🙂
Pan-Fried Cinnamon Bananas Recipe
- 2 Large Bananas Peeled and chopped in rounds
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Cinnamon powdered
- Peel and Chop Bananas in 1/2 inch rounds.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add some butter and oil. Don't let the butter burn.
- When the butter starts to melt, add powdered cinnamon and stir well.
- Add some honey and stir well.
- Place your bananas in the saucepan and flip them over when they start browning. Brown from both sides and serve with some Rock Salt on top.
- When frying your Bananas do not keep them in the pan for too long. It might get burnt.
- Adding Sugar is totally optional. I have used it just to enhance the flavors and make them caramelized.