Dark Chocolate Muffins with White Chocolate Chips are perfect breakfast muffins. These white chocolate chip muffins are so easy to make. They are made with simple pantry staple ingredients and are a readers favourite!
White Chocolate Chip muffins make excellent sweet treats for your morning tea or evening snacks. Made with just a few ingredients this recipe is sure to make your world a lot more cheerful & chocolaty.
Also try these easy muffins recipes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins (Vegan | GF)
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
Have you ever felt the need to take a dip in the world of chocolate? Pardon me for talking out of context. But, whenever I think about anything chocolate I lose myself in it. The flavors of chocolate make me lose all my logic. so, I'll just blame it on the chocolate.
However, for this recipe, I have used white chocolate chips to give my muffins a beautiful and festive makeover.
The white chocolate chips add some sweetness into the muffin and make it look really cute.
I had previously used white chocolate chips to make Red velvet cookies and those small white chocolate chips were looking exceptional on the red cookies. Here, the brown base of the muffins complements the white chocolate chips even more.
White Chocolate Chip Muffins
I could have easily used dark chocolate chips but instead, I went for white chocolate chips because they looked exceptional against the dark brown of my dark chocolate muffins.
I haven't used much sweetness. Because I personally like my muffins a little chocolaty. If you want, you can easily add some more brown sugar into the mix.
I generally prefer cocoa powder over melted dark chocolate because I have noticed that my muffins don't rise enough when I use dark chocolate. However, if you don't like a full risen muffin then you can easily use some melted dark chocolate in place of cocoa powder.
How to make White Chocolate Chip Muffins
STEP 1: MIX THE DRY INGREDIENTS
- Combine AP Flour, Baking Soda, Cocoa Powder and Kosher salt in a bowl.
- Whisk until combined and keep it aside.
STEP 2: MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS
- Combine Softened Butter and Brown Sugar in a bowl using handheld mixer or stand mixer.
- Add Greek Yogurt and a tablespoon of White Vinegar to the mix and whisk until combined through. Beat until the mixture gets soft and creamy.
- If you're using eggs, then skip Yogurt and Vinegar.
STEP 3: COMBINE WET & DRY MIXTURE
- Combine the Wet and Dry mixture using a wooden spatula.
- Once combined, scoop the batter and pour in a muffin tin, lined with liners
- Bake in a 350F (180C) preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Once baked, get them out and allow them to stay in the same hot muffin tin for 5 minutes, before you get them out and serve.
White Chocolate Chip Muffins have a million cooking variations. You can make it in so many ways with such a lot of variations.
- Vanilla White Chocolate Chip Muffins - Skip Cocoa Powder, if you do not like Chocolate muffins and make Vanilla muffins with white chocolate chips! So good!
- Red Velvet - Its so much fun. Just add red food colour or melted red candy wafers to the mix to make Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip muffins.
- Espresso - just add some Espresso to this mix to make delicious Espresso White Chocolate Chip Muffins.
You can store these muffins easily. To freeze these muffins, after they get baked, allow them to cool down to room temperature, then wrap individual muffins with paper wrap and then freeze this. This can be frozen for about 3-4 days. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving.
You can also store these White Chocolate Chip Muffins in the refrigerator. Store them in an airtight container lined with parchment paper. Top with another parchment paper and then refrigerate this for upto 7 days.
More Muffin recipes
- Carrot Patch Muffins with Strawberry Carrots
- Mint Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Oatmeal Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips & Raisins
- Tasty Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins ( Double Chocolate)
- Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Classic Southern Blueberry Muffins
White Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups AP Flour Use Gluten Free blend for GF Version
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda Use Gluten Free Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder Dark, Unsweetened
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Greek Yogurt thick
- ½ teaspoon White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter 1 stick (softened to room temp)
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined through. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with liners.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the Butter and Sugar until soft and fluffy, using a handheld mixer or stand mixer. Now, add the Yogurt, Vinegar, & Vanilla Extract. Beat until combined.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients using a wooden spatula. Mix until combined through. Stir in the White Chocolate Chips and fold until combined.
- Scoop the batter using an ice cream scooper and pour in the lined muffin tin. Top with more White Chocolate Chips if you wish to. Bake them @350F for 12-15 minutes.
- After they get baked, get them out and allow the muffins to stay in the hot baking dish for 5 more minutes.
- Get them out and let cool on a wire rack. Serve