Looking for the best Pumpkin Muffins? You gotta try these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins.
They are absolutely YUM. The sweet cream cheese swirled on top creates a beautiful pattern - which sort of looks like a cute little frosting on its own, and inside you get moist pumpkin muffins and some more cream cheese! Yup, I have added a double dose of cream cheese!
Does this feel like something you would be willing to try? It does, isn't it?
Well. Then let's quickly learn how to make pumpkin cream cheese swirl muffins. And, guys, these muffins are just so good. Perfectly moist, creamy, and super fluffy! The best part about them is the addition of spices. I have added a range of spices from cloves, to cinnamon to pumpkin pie spice, and they have given this muffin a gorgeous Fall taste.
Talking about Spices, Cream Cheese, and Pumpkin I am reminded of this awesome Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Salted Caramel Drizzle. Man, Oh! Man, it was so good.
Turns out that you can actually improve the taste of anything Pumpkin with some of the basic spices. I generally go with cloves, cinnamon, and Pumpkin Pie Spice. Guys, this spice is the essence of the muffins. When you have finished eating your muffins the after-taste 0f these spices will make you want to have some more.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins?
Imagine this - a Crispy fall Morning, you walking up to the sound of birds and then you are excited about your breakfast. You quickly bake these Pumpkin Cream cheese muffins and enjoy this with some warm coffee? Looks good right?
Well, I'm gonna tell you that things like these not necessarily happen in movies. But, as you try these recipes, it will definitely happen with you.
So, to make them I have just prepared a muffin filling. I have tried to keep this recipe as simple as possible. Making muffins is pretty darn easy.
STEP 1: You just add baking soda, baking powder, spices in your flour, and then give all of that a good mix. Then you add your Pumpkin Puree. I have used canned Pumpkin Puree for this recipe. Along with that, you add your canola oil and pure vanilla extract. Also, add one egg.
STEP 2: Make Cream Cheese Filling. Beat Cream Cheese with Vanilla and Sugar until light and creamy. Spoon it in the muffin batter.
STEP 3: Spoon some more muffin batter onto your cream cheese.
STEP 4: Follow it up with one more spoon of Cream Cheese filling. Now use a toothpick to create a swirl on top. And put them to bake at 350F for 15-17 minutes.
Can You Freeze these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins?
If you have any leftover muffins, keep them on a sheet tray. Wrap it with a cling wrap or saran wrap tightly. About 2-3 times. Pop it in the Freezer.
When you want to enjoy them, take them out and let them sit on the countertop until they come back to normal temperature. And ENJOY!
If you are making this recipe then please tag me on Instagram with #recipemagik. Also if you can take out some time to provide a rating to this recipe and comment below, I would be so grateful to you.
Other Popular Pumpkin Recipes on the blog:
- Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Scones
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar you can replace it with granulated sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar optional
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- ½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
Making Pumpkin Muffins
- First Preheat your Oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, with baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Set Aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl mix Pumpkin Puree, canola oil, milk, egg and vanilla. Once everything is properly mixed, add it to your dry ingredients. Mix lightly with a balloon whisk or a spatula until you get a lumpy batter.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until light and smooth.
- Fill the muffin tins with muffin mixture. Add 1 spoon of cream cheese filling. Top it with some muffin batter. Finally, add one more spoon of cream cheese filling.Use a toothpick to create a swirl on top. Bake these muffins in a preheated oven at 350F for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out with few moist crumbs.
- Once it is baked, cool it down in the tin for 5 minutes and then on a wire rack for at least 20-minutes. Enjoy!