Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting is a warm and aromatic dessert that you need to make this fall🍂
Not interested in this recipe? Try Pumpkin Praline Bars
A spongy and moist Pumpkin bar filled with warm Autumn spices topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting is so delicious and so perfect for Fall🍁.
You're going to love every bite of this delicious Pumpkin cake.
Talking of Pumpkin Cake, have you tried my Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins or my Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting or my Pumpkin Cheesecake Fudge or my Pumpkin Dump Cake or my Pumpkin Earthquake Cake? It's really so good.🤗
NOTE: You might like this article on Health Benefits of Pumpkin
The autumn season is so inspiring. While baking this recipe, my inspiration was the sweet Autumn season, when it's sunny but it still starts to feel a little chilly. This Pumpkin Bar is perfect for Autumn weather when the weather starts to get a little cold every day.
I just love Fall. The ember red leaves, the glowing sky with the Autumn Sun🌞 and the cool Autumn breeze🍁 My wait for Autumn has finally ended and I am more than excited to begin baking my Pumpkin recipes.
Today on the menu is this super simple and super flavorful - Moist Pumpkin Spice Bar with Cream Cheese Frosting along with that extra goodness of salted caramel drizzle! Sounds so yumm right...!
When the weather cools down, I just love to bake. 👩🍳
And, these Bars are so easy to bake. It's seriously the best thing that you can make when you are in a rush.💨
I like to bake these bars when I am in a hurry. Baking them is so easy and like a cake walk for me.
These bars are perfect for a crowd. Cut them into 12 or 16 pieces depending on the size I want, and then serve it to the crowd.
More Pumpkin Desserts
I like to keep my home ready with all sorts of Pumpkin desserts especially around this time of the year.
Keeping a variety of desserts is sort of what I like. I serve it to my friends when they come to my every weekend.
I also like to take it with me to the park and share it with my other Mom friends.
Moreover, kids love to snack on these healthy Pumpkin desserts.
- Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate with Chai Spice
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
- Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Also, there is nothing that a Cream Cheese frosting cannot fix. A creamy and tangy homemade Cream Cheese frosting will create a delicious layer on your pumpkin bars.
Cream Cheese Frosting makes everything delicious! A thick layer of Cream Cheese frosting actually enhances the flavor of the Pumpkin along with those warm and aromatic spices.
You feel the hint of Cinnamon and Nutmeg in every bite. Also, the Pumpkin spice... My favorite go-to ingredient whenever I am baking a Fall dessert!
Another special ingredient for my Pumpkin cake is some grated ginger. It really enhances the flavor of this bar and makes it even more delicious and flavorful...!
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree
- canola oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Freshly grated ginger
- Pumpkin Spice
- AP Flour
- Ground Cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Frosting (see the recipe linked above)
- Salted Caramel
👩🍳How to Make Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat Oven and Prepare a Baking Dish
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9x15 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine wet Ingredients
In a bowl combine melted unsalted butter, Brown Sugar, oil, Eggs, Pure Vanilla Extract, Freshly Grated ginger, and Pumpkin Puree in a bowl. Beat it with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- Fold Dry Ingredients
Slowly fold in AP flour, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Salt, and Ground Cinnamon. Stir gently until combined.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven) or until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean. Take it out and allow it to cool completely.
- Make Cream Cheese Frosting
See the recipe for Cream Cheese frosting (linked above). Spread a thick layer of cream cheese frosting on the bars.
- Drizzle Salted Caramel (OPTIONAL)
Make salted caramel (recipe linked above) and drizzle it on your Pumpkin Bars for added flavor.
- Ground Nutmeg - Although you find it all in the Pumpkin spice mix, but, Ground Nutmeg makes it smell amazing.
- Ground Cloves - Many people like the spicy touch of ground cloves in their bars. If you love ground cloves then you can use it.
- Do Not overmix your batter. Gently fold it in until combined.
- Make sure you cool down your pumpkin bars on a wire rack before frosting.
- Make sure you use softened unsalted butter to make your pumpkin bars.
- The number of bars you get will depend on the size of your baking tray. Instead of a 9x13 inch baking tray you can also use a 9x9 inch baking tray.
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger or Ground Ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese 225gm
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Salted Caramel OPTIONAL
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C and line a 9x13 inch baking tray with Parchment Paper.
- In a bowl combine Pumpkin Puree, Brown Sugar, eggs, canola oil, and pure vanilla extract using a stand mixer or hand held mixer.
- Sieve and mix the dry ingredients - AP Flour, Ground Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, ground ginger and salt. Gently fold it in.
- Pour this in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake your Pumpkin Cake for 30-35 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degress F or 180 degrees C. Once it's baked cool it down to room temperature before you do the frosting.
- In a bowl, take Cream Cheese, melted unsalted butter, Pure Vanilla Extract, and Granulated Sugar. Beat it for 1 minute at high speed and your frosting will be ready.
- Spread the Cream Cheese frosting over your Pumpkin Cake. Also, drizzle Caramel sauce over it and sprinkle some Sea salt on top.Enjoy!