Homemade pumpkin pie spice is flavorful, aromatic and the best Spice Blend to add to your Traditional Pumpkin Pie. It's so easy to make. You already have the ingredients at hand and will love to make it right now! Learn how to make the quickest pumpkin pie spice at home and you will never want to buy it again. Use this for all your Thanksgiving desserts and everyone will love it. It's perfect for your Autumn Favorites Pumpkin Frappuccino, Pumpkin Hot Chocolate, Pies, Pumpkin Blondies, Pumpkin Cookies and every other favorite Pumpkin Dessert Recipes.
- 🥧 What is Pumpkin Pie spice?
- 🥘 Ingredients required for making Homemade Pumpkin pie spice
- 👩🍳 How to make Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice?
- 📝 Variations for Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 🌱 Is this pumpkin pie spice Vegan and Gluten free?
- 🧊 How to store Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice?
- 💯 Tips to make your Pumpkin Pie Spice even better!
- What can pumpkin pie spice be used for?
- What can I substitute for pumpkin pie spice?
- The Best (And Most Traditional) Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
🥧 What is Pumpkin Pie spice?
Spices like Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Cloves are common and a must in all Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipes. Besides these some people also use Dried Ginger for warmth and burst of flavors the Pumpkin Pie.
Pumpkin Pie Spice is a aromatic blend of 5 - spices that go into the making of pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin Pie Spice lends a cosy warmth to Pumpkin pie which compliments all the sweetness. 😋
You can use Pumpkin Pie Spice in things outside of Pumpkin Pies, like Apple pies, Pumpkin Earthquake Cake, Pumpkin Dump Cake, Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes, Pumpkin Bread Pudding and so many amazing Pumpkin dessert recipes.
🥘 Ingredients required for making Homemade Pumpkin pie spice
Unlike other spice blends this one requires just a basic 5-ingredients which is easily available at all homes. You can make a batch of Pumpkin Pie Spice right now and store it all year long for your Pumpkin Desserts.
1. Ground Cinnamon
Cinnamon is a brilliant aromatic spice that also adds a warm and almost sweet flavour to your pumpkin spice blend.
2. Ground Ginger
Ginger is used in many desserts for its warm flavours, but we cannot use fresh ginger here as that will be too powerful for the spice blend. Instead go for ground dried ginger which is not only milder in taste but is also moisture free and integrates perfectly with the pumpkin pie spice.
3. Ground Nutmeg
There's no spice other than our beloved Nutmeg that screams of the fall season. Nutmeg is the mainstay spice of autumn and features in many fall recipes, one of which includes this pumpkin pie spice recipe. The combination of Nutmeg and Cinnamon is classic and never to fail in anything!
For its powerful blend of spices and taste.
5. Ground Cloves
Cloves are fragrant with a unique sweet tasting flavour which is familiar to cinnamon. But to make full use of cloves it's better you ground them fresh and not use whole cloves. You can either buy ground cloves from the store or ground them by yourself at home for a more intense and fresh flavour!
👩🍳 How to make Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Looking for the perfect Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe which you can use for all your fall desserts.
Look no further because here is the best and most traditional Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe which you should try before you buy.
Making Pumpkin Pie Spice is quick and easy. It should take hardly ten minutes of your time. You also don't need any special equipment like a spice grinder to make this pumpkin pie spice. All you need is a mixing bowl and a spoon!
1. Take your mixing bowl of appropriate size and combine all the ingredients in it.
2. Make sure all the ingredients are dry and fresh. Any hint of moisture will spoil the spice blend easily.
3. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until everything is even and uniform. You can even fill everything up in an airtight jar and give it a good shake to ensure everything has been mixed properly.
4. Your pumpkin pie spice is now ready for use. You can also store it away for later use.
📝 Variations for Pumpkin Pie Spice
The recipe for making pumpkin pie spice is pretty simple, but that doesn't mean you cannot add your own little twist to it according to your taste preferences!
1. GROUND CARDAMOM: Want your pumpkin pie spice to have a little touch of sweetness and even more fragrance? Then add some Cardamom powder to it! This addition will take your pumpkin pie spice to a new height!
2. ORANGE ZEST: Citrus flavour goes great with pumpkin pie spice. So feel free to add a bit of Orange zest to give your spice blend a citrus flavour!
3. GROUND MACE: If Nutmeg is a bit too strong for your taste, you can switch that up with Ground Mace. It is similar to Nutmeg but much milder.
🌱 Is this pumpkin pie spice Vegan and Gluten free?
YES, this pumpkin pie spice is absolutely vegan and gluten free! It's also free of any preservatives, making it healthy for you!
🧊 How to store Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Spices usually have a long shelf life, but even they are susceptible to going bad soon if they aren't stored probably. But don't worry too much, because it is extremely easy to store and preserve your pumpkin pie spice for a long time!
1. Always use an airtight container to store pumpkin pie spice (or any other spice). Try to get a glass jar instead of a plastic jar if possible.
2. Pack your pumpkin pie spice in your airtight glass jar and store it at a dry and cool place. Too much heat and moisture is bad for spices.
3. Your kitchen's cupboard is a perfect place to store your pumpkin pie spice! You can expect it to last for around 1 year easily if you properly store it!
💯 Tips to make your Pumpkin Pie Spice even better!
1. You don't need to stick to the recipe to make a perfect pumpkin pie spice. Feel free to make your own variations and additions to it. Ingredients like orange zest, green cardamom and mace are some good options to consider!
2. If your pumpkin pie spice is coming off as a little bit too spicy, then just add more cinnamon to this mix. Cinnamon does a great job at reducing the influence of other spices and balances your pumpkin pie spice.
3. Keep an eye on the colour and fragrance of your stored pumpkin pie spice. If you notice that the colour is going dull along with its aroma getting bland, then it's time you dispose off the old pumpkin pie spice and make a new batch!
What can pumpkin pie spice be used for?
Pumpkin pie spice is very versatile and can be used for a variety of different recipes! Don't limit yourself by using this recipe just for dessert pies! You can also use this spice blend for so many other things, including non-dessert recipes like meat stews, jerk chicken and even pumpkin hummus! Just go wild with experimentation!
Try these amazing Pumpkin desserts with Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate with Chai Spice
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- Maple Glazed Pumpkin Blondies
- Pumpkin Praline Bars
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Fudge - No Bake Fall & Thanksgiving Dessert
- Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- Scrumptious Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chips Scones with Maple Glaze
- 5-ingredient Pumpkin Spice Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting and Pecan Nut Topping
- Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and salted Caramel Drizzle
What can I substitute for pumpkin pie spice?
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice at hand then a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice gets the job done. If you are really short on spices and need a substitute in a pinch, you can go for just Cinnamon as well.
The Best (And Most Traditional) Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Allspice
- 1 tablespoon Ground Nutmeg
- Mix all the spices in a bowl using a whisk or a spoon until combined.
- Store in an air-tight spice jar.
Ask Me Anything