Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chips Scones with Maple Glaze are crispy on the outside and cakey on the inside, bursting with Chocolate chips and Warm Fall spices flavours! The perfect crispy exterior with coarse sugar on top makes for a crunchy exterior. These drool-worthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Scones make for a perfect Fall Breakfast recipe with a cup of freshly brewed Pumpkin spice latte!
Hello guys! So, the Fall season is officially here! This is truly one of those times of the year, which I love the most. I just love Fall. The leaves changing colours, the deep red oxidised leaves, and the lazy falling leaves – reminds me of a peaceful state and calming moment within me! This relaxing space of mind inspired me to create something which is unique and comforting.
Fall Baking is my favourite Baking season of the year! Although, the Pumpkin season is limited I love to make the most of this beautiful time of the year. From Pumpkin Cookies to Pumpkin Cake to Pumpkin Cupcakes to Pumpkin Muffins to Pumpkin Scones, baking with Pumpkin is so fun!
These crispy and cakey Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chips Scones with Maple Glaze are super delicious.
The Chocolate Chips complements the Pumpkin flavours and makes these super moist and cakey!
Unlike other scones, these Pumpkin scones are moist. There is the perfect aroma and taste of warm fall spices such a Nutmeg, Cloves, Pumpkin Pie Spice and Cinnamon in every bite which is so wonderful and so comforting!
The Maple Glaze moistens these scones, making them extra sweet and obviously so delicious!
Let’s talk about the Taste
I know, you’re dying to find out how these Pumpkin Chocolate chips sconces actually taste. If I would have to describe it in one word, I would say – comforting! Yeah!
These scones have a really cosy and comforting flavour to it. The Pumpkin Pie Spice does all the magic and reminds you of the holiday flavours. Also, there isn’t something as good as the combination of Pumpkin and Chocolate!
They go so great together! The Maple Glaze on top works its charm in making these scones super sweet and moist. The best part about these scones is how crispy they are on the outside, with the perfect flaky and crunchy crust, while on the inside they are moist and cakey with little chocolate chips bursting out!
This is what makes these Pumpkin spice Chocolate Chips Scones extra special!
Making the Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chips Scones with Maple Glaze
So, to make this Pumpkin spice chocolate chips scones, the First thing is the dough.
To make the Dough, combine Flour with Baking Powder, Ground Cinnamon, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Granulated Sugar, and Chocolate Chips with shredded butter.
For this, I just use a slice of cold butter and grate it using a box grater. This helps combine the butter with the flour quickly and you never need a Pastry blender!
Then, prepare the Wet ingredients which is Heavy Whipping Cream, Whole Milk, Egg and Pumpkin Puree. Mix it all up and add it to the dry ingredient’s mixture. Combine all of it with a spatula and then with your hands and work it up to a soft dough.
Take it up in a Parchment Paper liked plate. Press the dough to make a disc. Cut it into 6-8 pieces using a Pizza cutter or a sharp knife.
Also, separate them slightly so that they have a little room to grow.
Freeze the Scones for 20-30 minutes.
Then get them out and brush the top and sides generously with Egg wash. Sprinkle some Coarse sugar on top and pop them in the oven.
These Scones need to be baked for about 20-25 minutes at 220C or 425 F.
For the Maple Glaze, combine 1 cup of Granulated sugar with Maple Syrup and 2 tablespoon of Milk. Whisk it well and glaze it over the Pumpkin Chocolate Chips scones!
The tips to bake the perfect Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chips Scones with Maple Glaze
Baking Scones is easy and super fun. You need to carefully follow these steps to make sure that your Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Scones turn out perfect!
- Rather than using cold butter cubes, I use grated Butter. You can use a box grater to grate the butter and then mix it with your dry ingredients. Shredded Butter will combine with Flour easily and quickly.
- The Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Scones dough will be liquidy. However, you can balance the consistency of the dough by adding more flour. However, make sure to never overwork the dough. It should be just combined enough so that it all comes together, and you are able to shape it to a disc. (For better assistance, refer to the Youtube Video link above, where you’ll be able to note the exact consistency of the scone dough)
- Be careful to not add a lot of Flour, just to make your Dough workable. It should be a little liquidy.
- After you have shaped the dough into a disc and cut out the pieces, you MUST freeze the Scones for 15-20 minutes.
- Freezing the Scones before you apply egg wash to it and put it for baking is VERY IMPORTANT. This step will harden the melted butter and all the excess liquid of the dough will be gone. If your dough was too liquidy in the beginning, just freeze it for 20 minutes and after 20 minutes, you’ll be able to see a noticeable difference in your scone’s dough.
- Brushing your Scones with Egg wash is very essential. This will account for the perfectly crispy exterior of your scones.
Other Pumpkin Recipes you might like
So, that’s all about these delicious Fall special – Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chips Scones. These are so delicious, and easy to make. I hope you liked this recipe and shall give it a try. If you happen to make this recipe, then please tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram. Also, find a moment to rate this recipe and comment your opinions below. I love to hear from you guys!!!
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chips Scones with Maple Glaze
- 2 cups A P Flour more for dusting the dough later
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- ½ inch Grated Ginger or ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon All Spice
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ cup FROZEN Unsalted Butter grated
- ½ cup Dark Unsweetened Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Large Eggs divided (one for mixture and one for eggwash)
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tablespoon Coarse Sugar to sprinkle on top
For Maple Glaze
- 4 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425F or 220 C and line a Baking dish with Parchment Paper
- Mix the Flour with Baking Powder, Salt, and Sugar along with Fall spices - Pumpkin Spice, Grated Ginger, All Spice, Ground Cinnamon and Ground Nutmeg.Grate the Cold Butter and add in the Chocolate Chips. Mix everything lightly with the dry ingredients mixture.
- Mix the Heavy Whipping Cream with Egg, and Pumpkin Puree. Pour this wet mixture into your dry mixture.
- Mix everything lightly to make a dough. If your dough is too sticky, then you can add some more flour. However, make sure its not too dry. It will be a little watery. Pull everything together to make a dough ball and press the center to make a disc.Place the Disc in a Parchment Paper lined baking dish.Cut out 6 or 8 scones and place it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, get it out.Apply Eggwash over the scones. Sprinkle with Coarse Sugar.Bake your Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Scones for 22-23 minutes at 425 F or 220 C.
- To make the Maple Glaze, combine granulated sugar with heavy whipping cream and Maple Syrup. Mix everything and drizzle over the scones.