Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies are something that I don't bake often. But, whenever I do bake them, I make sure I make a LOT. Now, that Valentine's Day is around the corner, I thought it would be a good idea to bake some. Hence, I did! So, here's a no-fail Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe that will turn out great. Also, read how to quickly make a batch of Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies.
What I love about Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip cookies is their color. Those adorable white and dark chocolate chips peeking out from the soft red velvet crust of the cookies make my heart melt. I really enjoy the combination of the chocolate chips along with red velvet. In fact, I LOVE Chocolate chip in almost all sorts of cookies. But, what I LOVED about this was the beautiful white chocolate chips peeking out from the bright red crinkle cookies in the background.
These soft, melty, buttery red velvet white chocolate chip cookies are a perfect snack for Valentine's Day. The bright red color with the adorable white and brown chocolate chips will make your beau fall in love with you all over again.
So, if you are thinking about making some tasty red velvet cookies for your boyfriend or your girlfriend, just follow the recipe below. And, I tell you that this will be the best present you'll ever give. These homemade cookies will easily last for a week or two in an air-tight container.
RED VELVET WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
To Make these Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies, I have used All-Purpose flour, cocoa powder, eggs, greek yogurt, baking soda, brown sugar, and of course the sweetheart of our recipe - chocolate chips.
Making these cookies requires a great deal of patience. Honestly, I didn't get it right for the first time. My cookies came out flat like bread dampening my enthusiasm.
But, I didn't give up. I tried again, with a few changes in my ingredients and I cannot explain to you how happy I was seeing them come out perfectly baked. I am telling you - there is no happiness greater than seeing your red velvet chocolate chip cookies come out perfectly baked from the oven!
After a feeble and messy start, I mustered up some courage and made them again. This time with more flour and a little bit more baking soda. I also increased the baking time. Another mistake that I made was overbeaten the cookie batter. And, y'all know about the result.
Truth to be told - baking red velvet chocolate chip cookies is not easy. In fact, when you have that sticky dough, any novice baker would feel like they don't know what to do. The trick is to pack it in a zip pouch or aluminum foil and refrigerate it for at least 3o minutes.
HOW TO MAKE RED VELVET WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
To make Red velvet chocolate chip cookies,
- first, you need to mix at least 3 cups of refined flour with cocoa powder, some baking soda, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt. After getting my dry ingredients together I went on to prepare my wet ingredients.
- For the wet ingredients, I made a mixture of softened butter (be careful with the butter, don't overuse it or else your cookie won't rise), vanilla extract for that flavourful taste and smell, two eggs, a cup of thick greek yogurt and a pinch of baking soda - ( I have used this as a replacement for sour cream).
- Now mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and whisk it at medium speed for at least 2 minutes. This is the time when your batter will be gooey and sticky. Don't panic.
- Take out your dough on a plastic wrap or aluminum foil or a zip pouch. Allow it to refrigerate for 30 minutes. Once you take out your dough, let it come down to the normal room temperature, or else you won't be able to work with it.
- Finally grease a baking tray with oil/butter and line it with parchment paper. Make small balls of the cookie dough and place them on the baking tray. (Keep a gap in between as your cookies will spread out in the oven and you don't want them to stick)
- I baked my red velvet chocolate chip cookies for 13 minutes in a 350°F (or 180°C) preheated oven. You can bake until then, or till you see the sides getting brown. Now, when they are done, take them out on a cooling rack and let them chill for a while.
- Now, take some chocolate chips - (I have used both unsweetened dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips) - and push them into the cookies. You can only do this until the cookies are hot and soft. Or else, you might break them.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT RED VELVET WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP CRINKLE COOKIES
- You have to chill the batter for at least 30 minutes or else you cannot make cookie balls out of it.
- Don't overuse butter.
- If your cookie dough is too wet, consider adding a cup of flour to it this will instantly tighten your dough and you can make your cookie balls in a jiffy.
- You would know that your cookie dough is of the correct consistency if the batter doesn't stick to your palms while making the balls.
- Place the cookies on the parchment paper ONLY in the shapes of balls. Do not flatten it. It would melt and you would have flat cookies.
- If you need flat cookies, then after 10 minutes of baking, use a spoon to slightly flatten the cookies. This will ensure a nice crinkle on your cookies. At this stage, you might also want to add some extra choco chips.
So, read the complete Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe below and enjoy it with a glass of milk.
Other Cookies You gotta try:
- Chocolate Covered Ritz Cracker Cookies with Peanut butter
- Buttery Walnut Snowball Cookies
- Brown Butter Pecan Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggless Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you are making this recipe, then make sure you leave a rating. Also, please share your image on Instagram. Tag me @recipemagik with #recipemagik.
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 4 cup Refined Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Softened Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 qt Eggs
- 1/2 cup Thick Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Red Food Color
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Choco Chips
- 1/2 cup White Choco Chips
- Add Refined Flour in a bowl.
- Then add, cocoa powder to it.
Prepare your Dry Ingredients
- Now throw in some baking soda and some salt into the mixture.
- Add in 1 1/2 Cups of Brown Sugar and mix well.
Now Mix in the Wet Ingredients
- Add a cup of softened butter.
- Pour in 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence, milk and eggs into the batter.
- Next you have to add in some thick Greek yogurt followed by Red Food color.
- Whisk it at medium speed for 1 Minute.
- Add Unsweetened Choco chips and white choco chips into the cookie batter.
- Mix it well with a spatula and seal the cookie dough in a plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate it for 30 Minutes.
- Grease a baking tray with Oil/Butter and line it with parchment paper.
- Make small cookie balls and place them on the baking tray.
- Bake for 13 minutes in a 350F (180C) preheated oven.
- After the cookies are baked, push in some choco chips from the top.
- Enjoy it with warm milk.