So chocolaty, So creamy and So Peanuty - These homemade Peanut Butter Cups are undoubtedly the best thing in the world.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
You need just three ingredients to make these tasty peanut butter cups. We start with Peanut Butter, then melted chocolate and of course some granulated sugar.
I guess these are the three ingredients that you will definitely have in your home if you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter just like me. Talking about peanut butter, have you checked out my Peanut butter cookies recipe or my Healthy Peanut butter breakfast bars recipe? Man, they were awesome!
Seriously, there is something magical about the combination of Peanut butter and chocolate. When you combine these two you get a combination that can make any taste bud scream out on the top of their lungs - "Umm! That's Yummy! Dear brain, can you tell me what was that?"
If it was possible I would get dark chocolate married to peanut butter. Did I just say that out loud! Man, that sounded so perfect in my head.
Top reasons to Make this:
- Easy to Make (Hardly 5-minutes)
- Just 3-Ingredients (Peanut Butter, Melted Chocolate, Granulated Sugar)
- SOO Tasty! (that heavenly combination of Peanut Butter and chocolate. Umm!! Gorgeous. Is there a foodie way to say gorgeous? Gonna look for that)
The best part about this recipe was that I prepared this just for my kids. My kids were getting bored at home. And, I couldn't find a way to cheer them up. Talking about that, have you ever looked at yourself from a bird-eye view trying to fit into Millenial conversations or trying to bond with your teenage children. Yesterday I did and I have to tell you that I looked so stupid. Anyway, so my kids were getting bored with the usual TV Programs and their daily homework. I was busy looking out for things that I can make. In the meantime, I find this YouTube video by Tasty where they were sharing easy 3-ingredient recipes. And, the first one there was this peanut butter cups recipe.
You would not believe when I tell you this. As soon as I saw the video I rushed to the kitchen got out my jar of peanut butter, pulled out my brick of dark chocolate from the freezer and granulated my sugar. My kids were like - "Mom! are you serious?" They were not really excited about the idea of homemade Peanut butter cups. But, after they took a bite, I knew that they loved it.
That's a con of being with teenage children. There is not much excitement. But the plus point is that there is that serious sarcasm which keeps things flowing.
Variations of Peanut Butter Cups
- You can use white chocolate in place of dark chocolate if you love the taste of milky chocolate and peanut butter.
- If you don't have dark chocolate you can always melt dark unsweetened chocolate chips.
- You can use some coconut oil if you want. Coconut oil combines well with chocolate and enhances the taste.
- You can add graham crackers to give it a nice texture.
But, I really wanted this to be a three-ingredient recipe. Hence I have kept things between less to a minimum. I could have used other ingredients but I wanted to save them up for my another recipe. Call me thrifty or prudent. I like to work with minimum ingredients.
Homemade Peanut Butter cups without graham crackers
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter softened at room temperature
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate melted
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and line with cupcake liners.
- Mix Peanut Butter with granulated sugar and keep aside.
- Fill each cup with one layer of melted dark chocolate about (2-Tbsp), followed by another layer of peanut butter (1-Tbsp) and lastly another layer of melted dark chocolate. Spread the chocolate evenly.
- Finally, place them in the freezer for 2 hours. Remove the liners carefully. And, your Peanut Butter cups are ready.