- 🥣Slow Cooker Maple Mustard Chicken
- Try this easy Summertime dinner tonight
- 🌟Maple Mustard Magic 🪄
- 🔪How to Make Maple Mustard Chicken
- 👀Can I use Chicken Thighs?
- 🫕Cooking Variations
- 🍯Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken
- 🍳Pan Seared Maple Mustard Chicken
- Maple Mustard Chicken in Crock Pot
- Cooking Variations
🥣Slow Cooker Maple Mustard Chicken
But, there is something so amazing about this Slow Cooker Fall Dinner recipe.
Most Popular Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Crockpot Buffalo Ranch Chicken
- Crockpot Tomato Basil Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Fajita
Try this easy Summertime dinner tonight
🌟Maple Mustard Magic 🪄
Have you ever tried making anything with Maple and Mustard. They work so well together. The sweetness of Maple vs the sharp kick of Mustard works really well.
Just that we are using Pure Maple Syrup instead of Honey.
see the recipe card for quantities
- Chicken Breasts - you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Dijon Mustard - Pure Dijon Mustard has a sharp kick that makes the recipe taste amazing.
- Yellow Mustard - We don't want our chicken to get dry therefore add some yellow mustard as well.
- Worcestershire Sauce - Worcestershire Sauce brings in acidity in the sauce making the taste stand out.
- Pure Maple Syrup - 100% Pure Maple Syrup makes the sauce taste amazing.
- Freshly Minced Garlic - Garlic adds that kick to the sauce.
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper - Basic seasoning to season the recipe.
🔪How to Make Maple Mustard Chicken
Make Maple Mustard Sauce
In a mixing bowl or a glass pyrex jar combine Pure Maple Syrup, Dijon Mustard, Yellow Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, Freshly minced garlic, Salt, and Freshly ground Black pepper. Whisk well until it becomes smooth.
Dump it in the Slow Cooker
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour the Maple Mustard Sauce over chicken and toss lightly to coat chicken completely.
Cook in the Crockpot on High for 3-4 hours or on Low for 6 hours.
Finally take out chicken and place it on a surface. Use two forks to shred chicken and bring it back to the slow cooker.
Stir in Heavy Cream
Finally, stir in heavy cream and serve right away.
👀Can I use Chicken Thighs?
Of course. You can always substitute Chicken Breasts with boneless skinless chicken thighs.
My favorite Crock Pot Chicken Thigh recipes
- Apricot Chicken Thighs in Crockpot
- Crockpot Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs with Veggies & Potatoes
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Cajun Butter Crockpot Chicken Thighs and Rice
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Crockpot Chicken Thigh Recipe with Asian Glaze
- Red Pepper Flakes - Want more heat? Add some red pepper flakes to spice things up.
- Lemon Juice - for that zingy lemony freshness.
- Smoked Paprika - Just to spice it up.
- Tofu - fresh store bought Tofu cut into small cubes can make an excellent vegan addition to this dish.
- Pork - Pork chops would make an excellent addition to this dish.
- Salmon - Fresh Wild Caught Pink Salmon would taste so good in the sauce. Try: Honey Garlic Salmon or Honey Soy Salmon
- Fresh Rosemary - Just add 1-2 sprigs and eedd
🍯Instant Pot Maple Mustard Chicken
If you want to sauté your chicken until lightly browned. Then add the remaining ingredients. Stir well and cook in Manual/Pressure Cook Mode until the chicken is tender.
Use an Instant read thermometer to check the internal temperature of chicken. If it reads 165 degree F then you can take it out and shred. Or else cook for a longer duration.
Pour heavy cream, and stir lightly. Serve right away.
🍳Pan Seared Maple Mustard Chicken
If you want to make pan seared chicken then just add olive oil to a pan. Once the oil turns hot add chicken (skin side down) and sear until chicken turns light brown on the outside. This takes at least 3-4 minutes per side.
Then transfer this to a baking dish with Maple Mustard Mixture. Cook at 400 degrees F for at least 10-minutes.
More Chicken breast recipes to love
- Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Baked Herb Chicken Breasts in a Creamy Sauce
- Baked Garlic Butter Chicken Breasts
- Honey Balsamic Baked Chicken Breasts
- 10-minute Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
- Honey Balsamic Baked Chicken Breasts
- Szechuan Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Maple Mustard Chicken in Crock Pot
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup freshly chopped parsley OPTIONAL for garnish
- In a small bowl or a pyrex glass jar combine pure maple syrup, dijon mustard, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, freshly minced garlic, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk well until smooth and creamy.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour the Maple Mustard mixture over the chicken breasts. Add Low Sodium Chicken Broth. Toss lightly.
- Place the glass lid on your crock pot. Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- When cooking time is up, take out chicken breasts from the slow cooker and place them on a cutting board. Allow them to cool down for few minutes. Then use 2 forks to shred chicken.
- Bring it back to the slow cooker.
- Pour Heavy Cream and stir well until combined. Serve right away.
- Alternatively, You can also cook it on High for 4 hours.
- You can bring in more heat by adding a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes
- You can make the sauce richer by adding about 1/4 cup of melted salted butter while making the Maple Mustard Mixture.