One-pot Crockpot Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs with Veggies is a dump and forget easy weeknight dinner recipe. It's lemon-y with a hint of garlic and herbs. Also, the braised Chicken Thighs are slow-cooked along with veggies and hence they are extra juicy with crispy skin on the outside. Super delicious, flavorful, and fragrant with lemon zest on top, this makes weeknight dinner a breeze.
I just love this Lemon-y Greek Chicken with Veggies and Potatoes for a perfect summer meal. It's easy to make, light, herby, flavorful, and oh so fragrant...!
I love to make this for a busy weeknight. A quick and easy dump and forget dinner recipe. When I am back from work, my hearty dinner is ready to be served
Juicy and fall-off-the-bone Chicken Thighs along with juicy Potatoes, Corn, and Zucchini is such a comforting meal. Also, this is soo good that my Kids and Husband love this too.
We often make this for lazy weekends. I usually put this to cook it during the afternoon and that way but at night it gets already. There is seriously nothing better on a lazy weekend to have a one-pot meal slow cooking, your house smelling all aromatic - lemony and herby and you are relaxing all day. When it's time for dinner, you have such a delicious recipe on the table to serve! And no one has to know how effortless and easy this is! 😄😅
Honestly, I never tell people how easy this recipe is. People keep guessing the complex flavors and how to make this dish, while I am smirking at myself thinking how easy this is! You could do that too, and no one has to know how easy a recipe this is 😀
The Summers are the best time of the year to make Lemon flavored recipes. It's fragrant and refreshing and feels just perfect for the season. Have you tried my
Let's talk Taste
I love the refreshing, lemony, and herby taste of this Crockpot Greek Lemon Chicken. I especially love the veggies in this dish. I have used Potatoes, Zucchini, and Corn on the Cob. It makes it hearty and so comforting.
A little something about Greek Food
Greek Food comes under the big umbrella of Mediterranean food. The Mediterranean is a region that covers Spain, Morocco, Greece, Lebanon, and Malta. So, every Greek food is Mediterranean food while all Mediterranean food is not greek food.
Did you know that Potatoes are not authentic to Greek Cuisine? In fact, it was hated during the 18th century when Potatoes were very common in Western Europe. And then it got imported to Greece and was promoted as a very healthy veggie with loads of nutrients. It used to kept in big storage rooms without any protection. Then they started being stolen and hence became extremely common in Greek Cuisine
Greek Cuisine mostly uses Olive, Lemon, Cheese, Nuts, Honey, and Vegetables. In fact Bread or Greek Yogurt is not even authentic to Greek Cuisine. Greek Meat mostly consisted of Veel or Pork. Chicken and Lamb were only introduced by the immigrants in the 90s.
Ingredients needed to make Crockpot Greek Lemon Chicken
- Chicken Thighs - Bone in and skin on
- Yukon Gold Potatoes or Baby Potatoes
- Yellow Onions
- Garlic (minced)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Rosemary
- Dried Basil
- Lemon Juice - Juice of 1 large Lemon. You will need 2 lemons for this recipe. One to juice and other one to zest.
- Corn on the Cob
- Chicken Broth - I like to use Low-Sodium Chicken Broth.
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Lemon Zest
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Braise the Chicken Thighs
- Dab the Chicken Thighs dry using a paper towel.
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. Season the Chicken Thighs with salt and pepper.
- As the oil shimmers, add the Chicken Thighs, skin side down and sear the Chicken Thighs
- Sear the Chicken Thighs until golden brown on both sides. (about 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat).
STEP 2: Place the Veggies in the Crockpot
- Place the veggies (Chopped Zucchini, Corn on the Cob, Potatoes, Onion and Garlic) in the slow cooker in one layer.
- Add the seasonings and herbs - Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Rosemary, Dried Oregano and Dried Basil.
- Also pour the Chicken Broth and Olive Oil over the veggies.
STEP 3: Add the Braised Chicken Thighs to the Crockpot
- Place the Braised Chicken Thighs in the Crockpot
- Slowly pour the Lemon juice over it. Add the remaining salt and pepper
- Cover with the lid and slow cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Remember that the Lemon slices are added only for decoration. Don't cook the Chicken and Veggies with the Lemon slices as the white pith and the skin of the lemon will make the pan sauce and veggies bitter.
Hint: I like to slow cook this Crockpot Greek Lemon Chicken over low heat. Because cooking on low heat gives ample time for the veggies and chicken to soak in all the juices and all the flavors blend in together making this taste umm-aaaazing! 😋
- Veggies - instead of these veggies you can use Broccoli or Mushrooms or Cauliflower or a Bag of Mixed Veggies.
- Creamy - Add 1/4 cup of beaten Greek Yogurt right before serving to make the pan sauce creamier and delicious.
- Low Carb - Skip the Potatoes and Corn for a low carb version.
- Sear the seasoned Chicken Thighs in the saute mode
- Add the veggies, olive oil, seasoning, herbs, Chicken Broth and Lemon Juice
- Cover and Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes
- Allow the steam to release naturally and once its released, garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and Lemon Zest. Serve immediately or cover and keep warm until you serve.
- Sear the Chicken Thighs in a skillet, once they turn golden rbown on both sides, remove from the skillet.
- In a dutch pot, add the Veggies along with Chicken Broth, Seasonings and Herbs, seared Chicken Thighs and Lemon Juice.
- Cover cook on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes. Donot stir
- Once it gets cooked, serve immediately with the Pan juices.
- You can sear the Chicken Thighs in a skillet
- Add the Chicken thighs along with Veggies, Seasonings, Lemon Juice, and Chicken Broth in the Sheet Pan.
- Cover with a foil and cook @400F or 200C for 25-30 minutes
- Serve with remaining pan juice drizzled over the veggies.
- Also, garnish with Lemon zest and freshly chopped Parsley.
Store this Crockpot Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs with Veggies & Potatoes in an air-tight container in the freezer. You can freeze this for upto 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before you serve
You can also refrigerate this dish for 1 week.
- Sear the Chicken Thighs - Donot skip searing the Chicken Thighs as this is what going to make this dish taste so good
- Slow Cook on High - I recommend NOT to cook on High. Cooking on low will make the bone in Chicken Thighs cook to perfection.
- Chicken Breasts - I would recommend NOT to use Chicken Breasts as when you sear Chicken Breasts they get partially cooked and slow cooking them will make them chewy.
OTHER CROCKPOT RECIPES TO TRY
- Crockpot Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- Crockpot Shrimp Boil Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce (just 4-ingredients)
- Cajun Butter Crockpot Chicken Thighs and Rice
- Honey Bourbon Chicken in Crockpot
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Crockpot Coconut Lime Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Thigh Recipe with Asian Glaze
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Crockpot Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs with Veggies & Potatoes
- 3 Chicken Thighs Bone in and Skin on
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil To sear the Chicken Thighs
- 1 teaspoon Salt & pepper to season the chicken thighs
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes halved
- 1 medium sized Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Large Zucchini diced
- 1 Corn on the cob shucked and chopped to 2-inch dices
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Chicken Broth low sodium
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Salt & Pepper
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice juice of one large Lemon
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Zest for garnish
- 2 tablespoon Freshly chopped Parsley for garnish
- Dab the Chicken Thighs dry using a Paper Towel. Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. Season the Chicken Thigh pieces with salt and pepper. As the oil shimmers, add the chicken thigh pieces, skin side down to the skillet, and sear them until golden brown on both sides. (it should take about 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat)
- Add the veggies (Potatoes, Zucchini, Corn, Onion & Garlic) to the Crockpot in a single layer. Add the seasonings & herbs (Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Rosemary, Dried Oregano, and Dried Basil) over the veggies. Pour the Chicken Broth and Olive Oil over it. Toss to combine everything.
- Now, add the seared Chicken Thighs to the crockpot. Pour Lemon Juice over it. Cover with the lid and slow cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
- Once this gets cooked, garnish with some freshly chopped Parsley and Lemon Zest. Serve immediately.