Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts - A recipe which is less of mess and more of goodness. Chicken Breast pieces seasoned with salt and pepper, dusted with flour are grilled to golden brown on both sides.
A thick sauce is made with garlic, Vinegar, Soy Sauce, and Honey that coats the chicken and makes it tastier. Have you tried my: Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast, Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry, Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan (ZERO OIL)
Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
If you wanna make something Chicken for dinner tonight, then go for this recipe right here.
Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe
It's really easy and I don't see any reason for you to not try this. Just have a look at the ingredients.
They must be easily available at your home for your daily cooking. All you need are some chicken breast pieces and then we can start making this delicious chicken recipe.
Honey garlic Sauce
The Honey Garlic Sauce is the easiest of all. You need honey, minced garlic, soy sauce and rice vinegar to make it.
The Honey Garlic Sauce is a perfect stir fry sauce which you can pour over any dish and it tastes good. It goes great with Chicken, Pork, Salmon, Shrimp or even Vegan foods like Tofu, Tempeh, Green Beans, Broccoli, Cauliflower or Asparagus.
- (15-min) Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings (BAKED)
- Honey Garlic Cauliflower
- Crispy Honey Garlic Tofu
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp
- Honey Baked Ham
What I love the most about this recipe is that it is so easy to make. Just like my other chicken recipe which is - Grilled Honey lemon Basil Garlic Chicken. But, this is easier and more budget-friendly.
The Ingredients you need to Make Honey Garlic Chicken:
- Chicken Breast Pieces (only 4 or about 250g)
- Salt and Pepper
- Flour (not much, just about 60g or 1/4th of a cup)
- Butter (this is important to get that awesome taste)
- Light Soy Sauce (just 1 Tbsp)
- Garlic Cloves (5-6 cloves minced)
- Honey or Maple Syrup (just 90g or 1/3rd of a cup)
- Rice vinegar.
See, aren't they something that you already have at your home. And, now we are gonna use them to make the best honey garlic chicken breast in the world.
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- First, cut out pieces of chicken breasts about 1 inch approximately. Wash them and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season them with salt and pepper. Then dust some flour onto each chicken piece. This will make sure that you get a beautiful crust on your chicken pieces.
- Once that is done, I prefer grilling them over a grill pan on the stove. You can grill it in the oven.
- If you are grilling in the oven then it takes about 20-minutes (10-minutes on each side). If you are grilling on the grill pan then it takes about 12 minutes on medium to low flame (5-6 minutes on one side and additional 4-5 minutes on another side)
- Once that is done, throw in your garlic and stir it with some butter until it gets slightly brownish. Make the Sauce with Soy Sauce, Vinegar, and Honey. Pour it over the chicken and let it simmer for not more than 2-minutes on low flame.
- Finally, make a cornstarch slurry and pour it over the sauce. It will thicken the sauce.
- Then all you do is just serve. You can garnish this with Green Onion and sesame seeds. I have garnished this with fresh cilantro.
Do I need to Marinate the Chicken with the Sauce?
No, you don't have to marinate the Chicken. Just season it with salt and pepper. Dust it with flour. Then simmer it with soy sauce, honey, and vinegar. There is no need to marinate the chicken.
Can I use Chicken Thighs for this Recipe?
You can always use chicken thighs for this recipe.
It will be the same recipe as stated for the breast and there is nothing to worry about it.
How long Should I Simmer the Chicken?
Please Do not Pan Fry the Chicken. The Honey gets burnt in a matter of seconds. Just pour the sauce. Add the Cornstarch Slurry and simmer for just 1 minute. Turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
Some Tips to Keep in Mind
- Your Chicken will be ready when it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Use a meat thermometer to check if you are unsure about it.
- Do not pan fry the chicken. Turn off the heat as quickly as possible after adding the honey.
Is it Possible to Store the Leftovers?
Of Course yes. Cover it tightly with aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you want to freeze it then cover it up real nice and freeze it for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to eat, just pour it on the saucepan or skillet and reheat it. The sauce will be thick in the fridge so add some water and let it spring back to goodness on medium to low heat.
Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
- ½ Cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar or Apple Cider
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 4 tablespoon Butter or 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- ½ teaspoon Pepper or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 5-6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 500 gm Chicken breasts boneless, skinless (4 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Cilantro finely chopped
- First cut chicken breasts about 1-inch in size. Wash them and pat them dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.Dust flour over the chicken pieces and coat them evenly. Dust off any excess flour.
- Melt some butter in a grill pan over high heat. Add Chicken pieces and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium to low heat. Flip it over and cook the other side for additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the pan and sautee it with some butter until slightly brownish.
- Add Vinegar, Soy Sauce, and honey and stir it well until everything is well combined. Simmer the sauce for just 45 seconds to 1 minute. Keep the heat low at this time. Make sure the honey doesn't burn.Make the cornstarch slurry with 1 tablespoon Cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water each. Mix it with the sauce. If your sauce has become too thick, then add some water until it reaches the desired consistency.Flip the chicken and coat the other side with sauce.
- Serve the chicken breast pieces on a plate. Drizzle some sauce on the chicken. Sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro over the