Honey Garlic Chicken Wings - Chicken Wings are coated with Flour, Salt, and Pepper. It is then oven-baked until crisp. And, finally, it is tossed in a sticky Honey Garlic Sauce.
Hey friends, it's Friday and Friday means the perfect day to cook some quick Asian recipe. What's better than Some Honey Garlic Chicken right! It's sweet, spicy, and sticky! Just so good. I just love Asian Sauces and this Honey and Garlic Sauce is my favorite. 🙂 My husband and kids love this so so much! There are literally never any leftovers! Like Ever!!!! 🙂
If you are looking for an easy Appetizer recipe with Chicken? Try these Baked Chicken Wings. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside these Honey Garlic Chicken wings are simply perfect.
The sticky Honey Garlic Sauce is my favorite. The sauce is so good that you can finish off an entire meal based on this sauce. I love to make this same honey garlic chicken with Chicken Breasts and Chicken Legs.
Especially my elder son and husband love this recipe with Chicken Legs a lot. Moreover, It's easy to make and has that awesome kick of garlic along with the sweetness from honey which we all love. 🙂 🙂 🙂
I like to use chopped garlic and ginger for this recipe because then you get that bite of raw garlic & ginger in every bite which cuts out on the sweetness of honey. It tastes really really good. 🙂
Asian Recipes are really appetizing. Have you tried this Coca Cola Chicken or this Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts or Honey Mustard Chicken or Sesame Chicken or Orange Chicken?
After making so many Asian Recipes, I have observed few things. One - Asian Recipes, needs to be equally spicy and sweet. There is something about Asian recipes that leave you wanting for more.
This Honey Garlic Chicken Wings makes an excellent Appetizer for various parties. You can serve them with buffalo Cauliflower or Stuffed Peppers or Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Fried Carrots, Fried Green beans, Fried Broccoli, Fried Rice, Mac and Cheese, or Creamy Macaroni Salad.
Ingredients Needed to Make Baked Chicken Wings:
- Flour, Salt, and Pepper:- To Coat Chicken Wings.
- Soy Sauce, Honey, Ginger, Garlic: To make the Honey Garlic Sauce.
- Red Chili Flakes: To bring in some heat, I have added Red Chili Flakes.
- Water & Cornstarch: This sauce is supposed to be thick and sticky. Therefore, I add the combination of Water and Cornstarch.
How To Make Honey Garlic Chicken Wings?
- Coat Chicken wings in a batter: Coat Chicken wings in a mixture of Flour, Salt, and Pepper.
- Bake Chicken Wings: Bake Chicken wings in a preheated oven at 425F or 220C for 30-minutes flipping at the 20-minute mark.
- Make Honey Garlic Sauce: Heat a Pan. Add Soy Sauce, Honey, chopped Ginger, minced Garlic, Red Chili Flakes, Water, and Cornstarch. Stir well and let the sauce simmer and thicken for 10-minutes.
- Coat Chicken Wings in Sauce: Coat Chicken Wings in Honey Garlic Sauce.
- Bake once again: Put the Chicken Wings back in the oven at the same temperature. Bake once again for 10-minutes. Flip at the 5-minute mark. This will get them nicely coated with the sauce.
Chicken Wings baked in the Oven
We all love a meal which needs less work. right? And, these Chicken wings in the oven are just that. All we are doing is coating chicken in flour, salt, and pepper. And then just baking them in our oven.
Yes, we are making the sauce. But, the sauce is so good. Sticky, sauce, sweet, and simply perfect. When the fried chicken wings are coated in this sauce, the taste is so amazing. It is unbelievably good.
Secret to Make the Best Homemade Chicken Wings:
- Do not dust them in too much. Once you add too much flour, the flour will form a hard blob around the chicken and it will not let your chicken wings get crispy. So, to avoid that do not dust them in too much flour.
- Place Chicken Wings on Parchment paper so that it is easy for you to clean up.
- Do not add too much soy sauce. Soy Sauce has salt in it. Therefore you must have noticed that I have not added any extra salt.
- Cut Ginger Finely. When you are enjoying Honey Garlic Chicken Wings, the last thing you want is to bite into a sharp piece of ginger. Therefore, make sure you chop your ginger finely before adding it to your recipe.
- Ensure your Oven is hot so that your chicken wings crisp up in the oven.
Chicken Wing Sauce Recipe:
Besides, Honey Garlic Sauce, you can use any sauce that you like and glaze your Chicken wings in it. You can toss them in buffalo sauce or harissa sauce or buffalo ranch or Honey Mustard and etc.
You can even make a sweet and sour sauce and coat your chicken wings in it. The idea is to use as much ginger and garlic as possible so that you get that typical Asian flavors.
How to make a Thick Wing Sauce from Scratch?
A thick wing sauce is just what you need when you are looking for an easy chicken wing recipe. Here are the secrets to a thick wing sauce.
- Add the Ingredients for Wing Sauce in a saucepan.
- Simmer until it thickens. Remember - a good Wing Sauce is supposed to be thick. Therefore, let it simmer until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper so that it is easy for you to clean up later.
- Cool the Wings before serving. This 10-minute that you give to your wings will help the sauce get stickier and thicker.
When you are looking for an easy party wings recipe in an oven Try Honey Garlic Chicken Wings. You can serve this with so many varieties of veggies and sauces.
More Appetizers you can try:
- Baked Buttermilk Biscuit Wreath Dip - A classic dip that can never get old.
- Cheesy Jalapeño Cheddar Spice Dip - A spicy Dip that is a total game-changer.
- Loaded Sweet Potato Skins in Air Fryer - A classic App that gets done in minutes.
- Air fryer Taco Potato Wedges - Crispy, Cheesy and So good.
- Copycat Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp - Seriously, the best appetizer ever.
- Sesame Cauliflower in Air Fryer - For your Meatless Mondays.
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings (Oven-Fried)
- 2 lb Split Chicken Wings
- 4 Tablespoon Flour
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Olive Oil to drizzle on top
For Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 4 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup Honey
- 6-8 Cloves Garlic minced
- ½ inch Ginger finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425F.In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine. Coat Chicken wings in the flour mixture. Coat them in olive oil. You can also spray olive oil.
- Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Line it with parchment paper. Place Chicken wings in the baking tray. Leave a gap of 1-inch between each Chicken wing. Bake them in a preheated oven for 30-minutes. Flip them over at the 20-minute mark.
- Heat a pan. Add all the ingredients of the sauce and stir well to combine. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 10-minutes until thick and sticky.
- Place Chicken wings from the baking tray to the pan. Coat Chicken wings with sauce.
- Place the chicken wings back in the oven at the same temperature. Bake it for 6-7 minutes, flipping midway.
Ask Me Anything