Wondering How to Make Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese? I am guessing you are in the mood for some cheesy and carby food today. Talking about Carbs, you can serve these Stuffed Chicken breasts with Cheesy Green Beans
This recipe uses Broccoli. And who doesn't like Broccoli right? It's so delicious and it's so comforting. Talking about Broccoli have you had a chance to look at my Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Mayonnaise? It's so cheesy and so delicious.
Broccoli and Chicken is healthy comfort food that needs no further introduction. It's like digging into pure gold. So, with no further ado, let's quickly learn how to make Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cream Cheese.
Ingredients you need to Make Broccoli Stuffed Chicken:
- Chicken Breasts
- Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika, and Oregano: To Season Chicken Breasts.
- Mild Cheddar, Cream Cheese, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Broccoli Florets: To make the Cheese Filling
- Olive Oil: To Sear Chicken
How to Make Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
- Pound Chicken Breasts: Use a meat tenderizer to pound Chicken breasts until thin.
- Make the Cheese Filling: In a bowl combine Cheddar cheese, Cream Cheese, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Broccoli florets. Mix it all using a spoon or a spatula.
- Season Chicken Breasts: Season Chicken breasts with Salt, Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, Smoked Paprika, and Oregano.
- Place Cheese Filling: Finally, place cheese filling in the center of the Chicken breasts.
- Roll Chicken and Seal it: Now gently Roll the Chicken with Cream Cheese and Cheddar filling in between and seal it using toothpicks.
- Sear Chicken: Now heat some Olive Oil in a pan. Once the oil shimmers, gently place your stuffed Chicken Breasts. Sear one side and then flip over and sear another side.
- Place them in a Baking Tray: Place Chicken Breasts in a greased baking tray.
- Bake: Bake these stuffed Chicken Breasts in a Preheated oven at 200°C or 400°F for 10-minutes. After 10-minutes flip over and bake another side for another 10-minutes.
Other Substitutions to Make Broccoli Stuffed Chicken:
- Bell Pepper: Along with Broccoli you can add some finely chopped Green, Red, or Yellow Bell pepper. The crunch of Bell pepper would pair really well with this Cheesy filling.
- Minced Garlic Cloves: If you want a more intense garlic flavor then you can add some minced cloves of garlic with your cheesy filling. Garlic & Broccoli goes great together!
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: If you want your filling to be even cheesier then consider adding some grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Mushrooms: If you love Mushrooms then you can add thinly sliced Mushrooms to your Cheese filling.
- Onion Powder: If you want you can add some Onion Powder while seasoning your Chicken.
- Italian Seasoning: You can skip Oregano and season the Chicken Breasts with Italian Seasoning
Important tips to Make this Recipe Effectively:
- Check Temperature of Chicken: To Check if your Meat is completely done, insert a food thermometer in your Chicken. If it reaches 165°F or 73.8°C then your Chicken is absolutely cooked and is safe to be eaten.
- Sear Chicken But Don't Overcook: Once you've stuffed your chicken breasts you have to sear them. But, do not overcook them. Flip over and sear another side as well, until light golden brown in color (See video for visual)
- Sear Chicken in Batches: Sear Chicken in Batches. Don't sear all at once. Leave some space in the pan.
- Chop Broccoli Head into Small Florets: Chop Broccoli head into small florets. Doing this will ensure proper stuffing of Broccoli inside your Chicken.
What to Serve this with?
- Serve this with some healthy Side salad such as: Mexican Corn Salad or Deli-style Creamy Classic Macaroni Salad or Creamy Cucumber Red Onion Salad or Onion Cucumber Tomato Corn Salad or Healthy Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Serve this with Air-Fried Green Beans or Air Fried Carrots or Air Fried Sweet Potatoes or Air Fried Potato Wedges
- Serve this with Creamy Mashed Potato or Creamy Mashed Cauliflower or Mashed Sweet Potato
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik.
Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts cut into thin fillets from the center
- Salt and Pepper As Per Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoon Dried and Crushed Oregano
For Broccoli Cheese Mixture
- 2 Cup Broccoli cut into small florets
- ½ Cup Mild Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese approx 6-ounces
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt As Per Taste
- Olive Oil To Sear Chicken Breasts
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin fillet from the center horizontally. Now pound it using a meat tenderizer so that it becomes large and thin.
- Season Chicken with Salt, Pepper, Smoked Paprika, and Oregano. Keep it aside. Adjust salt and pepper as per your taste. (If you want you can add Onion Powder & Garlic Powder as well)
- In a medium-sized bowl combine mild cheddar cheese, Cream Cheese, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Broccoli florets. Make sure you add salt as per your taste. Combine this evenly using a spoon so that the cheese and cream cheese is completely coated on the broccoli florets.
- Now Place the Broccoli Cheese Mixture in the center of the Season Chicken breast. Roll it gently from the side and seal it using a toothpick. Make sure you pass the toothpick completely so that the filling doesn't come out. You may need 2-3 toothpicks for one chicken breast.
- Now heat some Olive Oil in a skillet. Once the oil shimmers, add Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts and sear until half cooked. Flip over and sear the other side as well. Don't overcook. The Chicken might stick to the pan if you keep one side on for quite a long time. You can use a spoon and a pair of kitchen tongs to flip it gently.In the Meantime Preheat oven to 400F OR 200C and Grease a baking tray with cooking spray.
- Once the chicken is seared, place it in a greased baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 400F for 10-minutes. Flip over and cook another side for another 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer when inserted in the chicken reads 165F.
- Pull out the toothpicks gently once the chicken breasts cool down. Serve with a healthy side salad or mashed potato or green beans.