Halloween Swirl Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies is one of the easiest ever Halloween treat recipes.
This Delicious Halloween Cheesecake Brownie with Oreos is the quickest Halloween recipe which you can make in under 30 minutes.
These Halloween Swirl Brownies have a dark chocolate layer at the base, which is topped with an Orange candy mixed with Cream cheese and a final layer of broken Oreos!
Isn't it just the best spook-tacularly delicious Halloween Brownie!
Halloween Swirl Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies
These Halloween Swirl Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies are indeed Dark Chocolate CheeseCake Brownies.
The combination of Dark Chocolate and Cheesecake filling is just so tasty. Cheesecake balances out the bitterness of the dark cocoa and the Oreos add in an extra dosage of crunch and chocolate in these Brownies.
With Halloween in just three days, it's the right time to make some quick and easy Halloween treats.
I love Halloween recipes. It calls for some creativity and fun, which is kinda my forte when it comes to baking for the holidays 🙂
This Halloween, I had this delicious idea of making some Halloween brownies. I came across this recipe of Halloween swirl Brownies on Pinterest. And since then, I am obsessed with this recipe.
In fact, I made it once before and my kids just loved this brownie to the crumbs!
Ingredients I have used to make these Halloween Swirl Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
Dark Cocoa powder - A good quality of 1 cup Hershey's Dutch Dark Cocoa Powder is all you need for that deep and intense flavors.
1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar - I like to use Dark Brown Sugar for this recipe. Although you can use granulated sugar, however, Dark Brown Sugar will make these Brownies moist and bring in deep caramelized flavors.
1 cup AP Flour - All-Purpose Flour to bake the brownies
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder - To be used as a leavening agent.
Eggs - I have used 1 large egg at room temperature for this recipe.
1/4 cup Vegetable oil - These Brownies are made with oil and hence are moist and soft.
Salt - Salt and Chocolate is an excellent combination.
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract - A good quality of Vanilla Extract is ideal for this recipe.
Cream Cheese - I have used 1/2 cup of Cream Cheese. You can use 1 brick of Cream Cheese for these brownies.
Orange candy - 1 have used a 1 pound bag of Melted Orange Candy to combine with the Cream Cheese. You can use Orange food Color as well.
4-5 Oreo cookies - I have used Vanilla Oreos. You can use Halloween Boo Oreos for better taste and decoration.
How to make Oreo Cream Cheese Halloween Brownies?
So, before you head down to the recipe, I would love to acquaint you with the recipe briefly.
First - Mix the wet ingredients - Eggs, Vegetable oil, Brown Sugar, and Vanilla. You do not even need to use a hand blender or a stand mixer for this. You could just mix these using a fork.
Second - Now, mix the dry ingredients - AP Flour, Baking Soda, Dark Cocoa Powder, and Salt.
Third - Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Mix everything using a rubber or silicone spatula. Add some milk and mix well. If you are using regular cocoa powder, add a drop of black food color to your milk and then combine it with your brownie mix. Your Brownie Batter should be thick.
Fourth - Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish and line with Parchment paper. Pour the batter in the dish and even out the top with a spatula. Reserve some of the brownie batter for later. You'll need to swirl it.
Fifth - Melt Orange candies in the oven at 30 secinds bursts. Next, combine Cream Cheese with the Orange Candy Melt using a handheld mixer or stand mixer. Mix until combined and pour this over the brownie batter.
Sixth - Add the remaining brownie batter in dollops all over the Cream Cheese filling. Use a sharp knife or a skewer to gently swirl. Do not overdo it or else the detailed patterns will disappear.
Seventh - Finally, top with broken Oreos and bake this for 25-30 minutes at 350F.
And when it's done, cool it down to room temperature, before you serve this.
Some important tips to make the best Halloween Swirled Brownies
- Do not use melted chocolate. Unlike other brownies, where you melt dark chocolate and butter, here you do not need to do that. Using Melted chocolate will make your brown batter runny and result in brownies that will not rise.
- Line the brownie dish with Parchment Paper. Many people tell me that they forget to line the brownie dish and it becomes next to impossible to get the brownies out, once they get baked. Well, to avoid all of that, you must line your Brownie dish with Parchment Paper.
- Don't overbeat the Cheesecake filling - The Cheesecake filling should not be too runny. If you add a whole lot of Eggs or beat it for a long time, your Cheesecake filling will turn out to be runny and your brownies will not rise because of the moisture. Your Cheesecake filling should be thick. If you want, you can add some Orange zest for extra flavors.
So, this is how you can quickly make these delicious Halloween Swirled Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies. This is the perfect addition to a Halloween dessert table. Also, if you want to make homemade treats and Halloween Desserts for kids this year, then these brownies are just perfect for the occasion.
Other Halloween Recipes
I hope you loved this recipe and shall make it soon for Halloween. If you happen to make this recipe, then please comment below and rate this recipe. Also, find a moment to tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Happy Halloween !!!
Halloween Swirl Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 cup AP Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 large Egg at room temperature
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Whole Milk
- 1 brick Cream Cheese 4 oz or 225gm (1 cup)
- 1 Bag Orange Candies melted
- 3-4 Oreos broken into large bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9x9 inch brownie baking dish with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl combine AP Flour, with Baking Soda, Salt, and Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Combine the wet ingredients - Egg, Vegetable Oil, Milk, Brown Sugar, and Vanilla Extract using a stand mixer or hand held mixer until smooth and combined.
- Combine the Wet and Dry Ingredients. Mix using a rubber or wooden spatula until combined. If you're using the usual cocoa powder, then add some black food color in the wet ingredients and mix it with the batter. Your Brownie Batter will be thick. Layer the Brownie batter in the greased and lined brownie dish. Reserve some of the batter to swirl later.
- Take Orange candies in a bowl along with few drops of coconut oil, and melt it in the oven at 30 seconds bursts. Stir it until it gets smooth and lump-free. Combine Cream Cheese with the orange candy melt. Beat using a handheld or stand mixer until it gets combined.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture over the brownie
- Add dollops of the leftover brownie batter over the cream cheese layer. Use a sharp knife or a skewer to swirl gently over the brownies.
- Top with the broken Oreo bits
- Bake the Brownie for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean with moist crumbs.
- Allow the brownie to cool down to room temp. Cut the Brownie into 9 equal-sized squares and serve