Witches Finger Sugar Cookies are the perfect Halloween cookies and treats which Kids will love. These Witch's Finger Cookies might look creepy, but they taste delicious. These are just sugar cookies, which is topped with strawberry jam and Almonds.😋👻
Easy Halloween Treats in just 3 min
Hey everyone! Happy Halloween Weekend. With Halloween around the corner, I cannot think of baking anything else apart from these spooky treats and creepy looking halloween desserts. My Kids love baking at this time of the year and with kids in the kitchen, all I can think of is some cute and spooky Halloween recipes.👻👻
Today, my little one came up with this idea of making Witch's Finger Sugar Cookies. He had seen one of his friends make it and he too wanted to bake some. I couldn't say no to that and so I made these Witch's Finger Sugar Cookies.
These Sugar Cookies are the best Halloween Cookies which I have made to date. They sure take some effort and care to make, but they turn out to be adorable and of course, these are super delicious.
I am going to leave some of these out on the living room center table for Halloween decorations. I am sure people are going to love it. 😋😋
When the cookies were ready, to my surprise my kids were not at all scared and creeped out by these. In fact, they were so excited to take photos with this one and share it with their friends 😋
My husband too loved these Witch's Finger Sugar Cookies and said that he loved how real these fingers looked 👻😍
Don't miss out on these
😋 Let's talk taste
Don't be intimidated by the fingers friends. These are actually super simple to bake and will be the perfect addition to your Halloween table.
These taste just like our favorite Sugar cookies. Crusty and Buttery on the outside, while they are chewy n the inside. The Almond slice gets toasted after it gets baked and tastes delicious. Also, the hint of that red candy melt is what makes these Sugar cookies, taste even good.
In fact, I love to dip mine in more of these Red Candy Melts and enjoy them. 😋😋
🥘 Ingredients you'll need to make these Witch's Finger Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Melted Butter - Since we are making a sugar cookie dough, hence butter is important. I have used Unsalted Butter in this case.
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract - Vanilla is important to add that holiday fragrance and flavor in these cookies.
- 1/4 cup Castor Sugar - After all, it's a sugar cookie dough. You can adjust the sugar quantity as per your sweet tooth.
- 1.5 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder - This is required to rise the cookies
- Kosher Salt - Since we are using unsalted butter, so a pinch of salt is essential
- 1 bag of Red Candies - I bag of Red candies which I have melted and used.
- Almonds - I have used Almond halves to make the "Nails".
👩🍳 How to make Witch's Finger Sugar Cookies?
First - In a bowl, take some Melted Butter, and into that, add the Vanilla Extract and Castor Sugar. Mix it well using a spoon.
Second - Prepare the Dry ingredients. Add Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt in the same bowl. Mix it all lightly.
Third - Use your hands to make a soft sugar cookie dough. You can also use a stand mixer to make the cookie dough.
Shaping the Witch's Fingers
Grab one ball of the sugar cookie dough and roll it between your palms.
Place it on the working surface and lightly roll it to give it about 2-3 inch length.
Even out the edges.
Use your fingers to make two dents. Grab a butter knife and make the markings
Use a sliced Almond at the tip of the finger. Press it gently so that you get a dent. Remove the Almond and fill the dent with Red candy melt.
Stick the Almond on the finger.
Apply some more Red Candy Melt at the base of the finger.
Carefully lift up the Witch's Finger Sugar Cookie and place it on your baking dish.
Freeze for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Bake these Sugar Cookies for 15-minutes at 160C or 320F.
After these are baked, cool it down to room temperature and serve.
💪 How can I bake Gluten-Free Halloween Witch's Fingers Sugar Cookies?
Yes, absolutely. You can make Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies by making the following replacements.
Replace All Purpose Flour with Gluten-Free Baking Flour. I prefer to use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Powder.
Also, use 1/2 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum. This is very important to make your Cookie dough.
You can also replace Vanilla Extract with Almond Extract for more amazing flavors.
Refrigerate the Cookie dough for at least 1 hour. Refrigeration of this cookie dough is very important. Or else, your cookie dough shall be too sticky and you will not be able to roll it.
🌱 How to make Dairy Free and Vegan Version
To make Dairy Free and Vegan Version of this recipe, you can use Vegan Baking Sticks. These are made with Vegetable oil and works perfectly for this recipe of Sugar Cookies.
🧊 How to store these Halloween Sugar Cookies?
These Sugar cookies stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 10 days. These stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
🤔 How to make these cookies ahead of time?
You can make the Cookie dough ahead of time and keep it in the freezer for up to 1 month. Before you reuse it, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then roll out the cookie dough.
So, this was all about these Halloween Sugar Cookies. I hope you loved learning about these Witch's Finger Sugar Cookies.
👻 More Halloween Cookies recipes
If you happen to make this recipe, then please find a moment to rate this recipe and comment below. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Witch's Fingers Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Bag Red Candies 11 oz or 311gm
- 6 sliced Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 320F or 160C and mix the wet ingredients - Melted Butter, Vanilla Extract, and Castor Sugar
- Add the All-Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt. Combine everything. Make a soft sugar cookie dough.
- Take a small ball of the cookie dough and roll it lightly to get an elongated finger-like shape.
- Use your fingers to make the two indents.
- Make the ridges using a butter knife, in the middle of those indents.
- Add the Almond and make the indent at the tip of the finger. Now, remove it.
- Melt Red Candies in a bowl, and use a painting brush to paint the tip of the finger. Attach the Almond over it.
- Carefully lift up these Sugar Cookies and place them on your baking dish. Cover with a foil and Freeze for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 30 minutes.Bake these cookies for 15-16 minutes. Once they get baked get them out and allow them to cool down to room temperature on the same dish.
- Once the cookies have hardened, you can serve it.