Basically, Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole is a vegetarian side dish recipe with cauliflower instead of rice.
Try this easy recipe tonight
It makes enough to feed a family of four.
If you’re looking for broccoli recipes, this broccoli cauliflower rice casserole is a good option.
This low-carb, keto-friendly casserole makes a delicious side dish to accompany any main course.
It's also Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
Keto Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole combines vegetables, cheese and more for a quick and an excellent dinner recipe.
In this casserole, cauliflower replaces rice.
The resulting dish is appealing and could become a regular part of your healthy diet.
Cut the carbs in this regular diet with an unexpected ingredient: Cauliflower.
Topped with shredded sharp Cheddar cheese and shredded Mozzarella cheese, this healthy side dish fits into any meal plan.
After you guys showed so much love for my Broccoli Casserole with ritz cracker and Mayonnaise here is a similar recipe but cheesier, creamier, and so much better.
Keto Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole is one of the easiest and healthiest dinner recipe that is gluten-free, grain-free, low carb, and keto-friendly.
This is one tasty low-carb, paleo, low-carb and keto-friendly meal. Best of all it's incredibly easy to make. Many keto recipes require several hours of preparation time. But not this one.
One of the easiest side dishes this frozen broccoli and cauliflower rice recipe is just what you need to manage your busy schedule.
This simple broccoli cauliflower rice casserole is the perfect way to take advantage of last minute vegetables for weeknight dishes.
Broccoli and cauliflower are cruciferous vegetables that are easy to cook and healthful to eat. Here is an easy recipe to turn those veggies into a nutritious casserole.
You can also try:
- Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake - Perfect Low Carb Keto Meal for the family.
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese - A healthy twist on Traditional Baked Mac and Cheese.
- Broccoli and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts - Juicy Chicken breasts stuffed with tarty cream cheese and steamed broccoli.
Broccoli And Cauliflower Rice Casserole Quick Recipe
In this recipe I have used Frozen Cauliflower rice. Frozen Cauliflower rice is easily available in the frozen section of grocery shops. You'll always find a bag of cauliflower rice in my home.
For this recipe, I just thaw my frozen cauliflower rice and drain any excess water using paper towels.
However, if you want fresh cauliflower rice you can simply pulse your cauliflower in the food processor.
They are my go-to. And, comes in handy for so many recipes.
More Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- Sticky Cauliflower Rice "Meat" Balls
- Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Peas
- Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole and many other recipes.
Therefore to plan the dinner creatively, you got-to be creative, especially with the side dishes.
Side Salads and Steamed Broccoli doesn't taste good everyday.
- Try this easy recipe tonight
- Keto Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Broccoli And Cauliflower Rice Casserole Quick Recipe
- More Cauliflower Rice Recipes
- Why you should be making this
- 🥘 Ingredients
- How to make Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Cooking Variations
- How to Store Leftover broccoli and cauliflower rice casserole
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- More Casseroles to try:
- Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
Why you should be making this
- Healthy Recipe - Casseroles often contain a lot of processed ingredients, but this broccoli cauliflower rice casserole is a healthy alternative. With Fresh Ingredients this low carb recipe is simply amazing.
- Meal in itself - Its not just a side. I serve this for dinner aside some crusty bread and it makes for the perfect dinner.
- Great Side Dish - This light casserole makes a great side dish. The veggies and rice are a perfect complement to any meal.
- Excellent Taste - This casserole is packed with a who’s who of healthy foods such as broccoli and cauliflower rice, yet it doesn’t taste like health food. You’ll love the cheesy, cauliflower, and cheesy cauliflower rice all in one bite.
- Whole Milk
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Dijon Mustard
- Hot Sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cauliflower rice
- Broccoli Florets
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reduced fat)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (reduced fat)
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
STEP 1: Make Roux
- In a skillet melt butter.
- Add flour and stir until there are no lumps and the roux looks light brown.
- Slowly Pour in whole milk and whisk until its smooth and creamy.
STEP 2: Add Herbs and aromatics
- Add Italian Seasoning, and dried Oregano.
- Stir in Onion Powder and Garlic Powder.
- Season with Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
STEP 3: Stir in Mustard and Hot Sauce
- Stir in Mayonnaise, Hot Sauce, and Dijon Mustard.
STEP 4: Stir in Cauliflower Rice and Broccoli Florets
Stir in Cauliflower rice and broccoli florets.
STEP 5: Sprinkle Cheese
- Sprinkle Freshly shredded Cheddar Cheese and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
STEP 6: BAKE
- Bake in a preheated oven at 370 degrees F for 30-minutes or until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Eggs - You can combine eggs to add more structure and depth of flavor to your recipe.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - You can add cooked and cubed chicken in the casserole and make Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole
- Diced Ham - You can also cook this with diced ham.
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup - You can easily add a can of condensed cream of chicken soup to make a creamy and cheesy casserole.
How to Store Leftover broccoli and cauliflower rice casserole
This recipe makes great leftovers. You can store leftover broccoli cauliflower rice casserole for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
Make sure that the casserole comes down to room temperature. Wrap it tightly in a plastic wrap and a foil.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 days.
- Freeze for 2-months.
- To reheat make sure you thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melty and bubbly on top.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Use a large cheese grater to grate a head of cauliflower.
- OR Lightly Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor.
A healthy alternative to traditional rice, cauliflower can be a delicious base for many casseroles, like this one-dish meal.
More Casseroles to try:
- Healthy Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Bake
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Thanksgiving Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Zucchini Casserole (KETO)
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- 1 medium head cauliflower grated into "rice" or 2 10 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 cups roughly chopped fresh broccoli florets 1 medium head broccoli
- 6 tablespoons butter or 1 stick
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk can replace with 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 10 ounces Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese about 2½ cup
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add flour. Stir constantly and cook until there are no lumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat until the roux turns blonde in color.
- Slowly pour in whole milk and whisk constantly until its smooth. Bring it to a slow boil.
- Stir in Dijon Mustard and Hot Sauce. Stir in Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Salt, Dried Oregano, Italian Seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Stir in Mayonnaise and whisk well until there are no lumps and the sauce is silky smooth and creamy. Remove it off the heat.
- Stir in Broccoli florets, Cauliflower rice, Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-minutes or until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve right away.
- Sour cream - You can stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream if you like.
- Eggs. - You can combine 2 large beaten eggs for more depth of flavor.
- Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup - You can stir in 1 can (10.75 ounces) of cream of mushroom soup for a much better taste.
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup - Similar to above you can stir in 1 can or 10.75 ounces of condensed cream of chicken soup.
- Garlic - If you like the garlicky kick then add 2-3 cloves of finely minced garlic.
- Chicken breasts - To make it a complete meal you can stir combine cooked chicken cubes to your casserole.
- Chicken broth - You can replace whole milk with chicken broth.
- Ritz Cracker Toppings - You can add ritz cracker topping to your casserole for a better taste.