Last Updated on Feb 15th, 2023 at 2:41 PM
Cheesy Mozzarella Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken breasts is a quick and easy dinner recipe with very few ingredients. This is one of the easiest Chicken Breast Recipes for dinner. Similar to stuffed chicken breast with broccoli & Cream Cheese & Stuffed Chicken parmesan in Air Fryer
Stuffed Chicken Breast in Air fryer
I've made it in my Air-Fryer. These Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts are low in carbs and you can surely include them in your list of Healthy Dinner Recipes with Chicken.
Have you tried
- Basil Pesto Chicken Bake
- Honey-Balsamic Baked Chicken Breasts
- French Onion Stuffed Chicken Casserole (so cheesy!)
- Cheesy Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
- Southwestern Chicken Bake
In case you are in a rush and you need a 30-minute weeknight meal, then you are at the right place. These Spinach stuffed chicken breasts are juicy, creamy, tender and so delicious.😋😋😋
So, let's cut to the chase.
Make this delicious and healthy chicken breast dinner tonight with me
Ingredients Needed to make Spinach stuffed Chicken Breast in air fryer
- Chicken Breasts
- Seasoning: Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder.
- Cream Cheese
- Chopped Baby Spinach
- Minced Garlic
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cayenne Pepper
- Oil: To Brush Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I would always suggest Olive Oil for this recipe. However, you can try with Avocado Oil as well.
🍴 How to Make Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer
We can make these Spinach and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts in just 3-easy steps.
- Season Chicken Breasts: Drizzle Oil on Chicken Breasts and season it with Salt, Ground Black pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder. Coat both sides well with the seasoning.
- Cut Pockets in Chicken: Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of the chicken. Cut the Chicken pocket, lengthwise. Season it with salt, spices, cayenne, onion & garlic powder and olive oil.
- Make the Filling: In a bowl combine Cream Cheese, finely chopped Baby Spinach, Minced Garlic, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Grated Parmesan Cheese, Mayonnaise, Cayenne Pepper, and Salt.
- Stuff Chicken: Spoon the filling in Chicken breasts evenly.
- Air fry: Cook in Air Fryer by brushing some oil onto your Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Cook 400F or 200C for 10-minutes.
- After 10 minutes, flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
⏲️ How Long to Cook Stuffed Chicken Breast in Air Fryer?
I recommend that you check out this article for Air Fryer Chicken breast. You will get a very clear idea on how to cook chicken breasts in air fryer.
Different Air Fryers work differently. It totally depends on the type of Air Fryer you are using. In my case, I am using a 1500 watt Air Fryer so it took me 16 minutes at 400F to cook my Cheesy Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
However, In case your Air Fryer is 1700 watts then it will take way less time.
So, read the manual before using your Air Fryer.
Some Air Fryer needs to be Preheated. Mine doesn't.
In case, you need to Preheat your Air Fryer then Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
Do I need to Brush Oil before putting it in Air Fryer?
Honestly, there is no need. Chicken has its own fat and therefore there is no need to brush oil on your chicken. However, if you feel unsure then brush some oil. I would recommend either Olive Oil or Avocado Oil.
But do not use Non-Stick cooking spray. Non-stick cooking spray destroys the Teflon coating in your Air Fryer basket. Read more about Air Fryer here.
Can I use Frozen Spinach?
Yes, you can surely make Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Frozen Spinach. When using frozen spinach, follow these steps and it will make things so easy for you.
- Add Spinach to a pan: Heat a Pan and place your spinach. You'll see lots of steam coming out from it. That's okay.
- Stir well: Stir on low heat until the spinach block breaks down.
- Strain: When your Spinach is defrosted strain it with a colander. Squeeze as much water as possible by using a spoon.
- And, then you can follow the rest of the steps for the recipe.
Also try these amazing Spinach recipes
- Oyster Mushroom Spinach Quinoa Skillet
- White Bean Quesadillas with Baby Spinach
- Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach
- Spinach Lasagna
- Spinach Ricotta Orzo Stuffed Peppers
- Spinach Ricotta and Corn Empanadas
- Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells in Alfredo Sauce
- Parmesan Cauliflower Spinach Pasta
- Cheesy Spinach Dip Puff Bites
- Best Spinach Soup Recipe with Crispy Garlic Croutons
- Indian Spiced Spinach Chicken
Can I Make it in Oven?
That's a 100% Yes.
- All you got to do, is just brush some oil on your Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Place it in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake it uncovered for approximately 25-30 minutes at 375F. Check the temperature of the Chicken with a Meat thermometer. If it reads 165F or 73.8C then it's perfectly cooked and is safe to eat.
You can also use a Microwave proof skillet and preheat it with some butter over medium heat. Next, just place your stuffed Chicken Breasts in the skillet and bake it at medium heat until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Mozzarella and Pepperoni stuffed Chicken breast - Along with spinach you can stuff your chicken breast with Pepperoni. I know kids will love it.
- Air fryer Stuffed Chicken breast wrapped in bacon - Chicken breasts wrapped in crispy, salty, bacon is simply irresistible.
Try these other Oven baked Chicken Breast recipes
🧊 How To Store Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
- Refrigerate for a Week: Good News! You can store these Stuffed Chicken Breasts in an Air-Tight Container for up to a week.
- Freeze for a Month: You can freeze these Stuffed Chicken Breasts for a Month. But, yes there is always a but. Allow these Chicken Breasts to cool down completely. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and keep them in the freezer. When you are willing to consume then thaw in the refrigerator overnight. And, then put it to broil until you see a crust on top.
- You can reheat this Spinach Stuff Chicken in the Air Fryer as well. Just place the thawed Chicken in the air fryer and cook @400F for 15 minutes . Read more about reheating in Air Fryer here.
Can I Pre-Stuff Chicken Breasts?
If you are thinking about Meal-Prep then you can stuff your chicken breasts with the filling and you can store it in an Air-Tight container. But, don't store it for more than 2 days. Make sure you cook it within 2 days.
Can you cook raw stuffed chicken breast in air fryer?
Yes it is possible to cook air fryer stuffed chicken breast with raw chicken. Keep these things in mind:
- Make sure you coat the chicken with oil.
- Ensure proper cooking temperature for your chicken breast
- Preheat your oven to the required temperature. I recommend 400 F.
- Cook for the recommended amount of time.
How long to cook a whole stuffed chicken in air fryer?
A Whole chicken is a completely different recipe. Practically it takes around 50-minutes to cook a whole chicken in the air fryer completely. When I say to cook completely, I mean until the thickest part of the chicken, reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
How do you keep cheese from oozing out of stuffed chicken?
The most simple trick to keep cheese from oozing out of stuffed chicken is to use toothpicks. Secure the open ends of Stuffed chicken breast using toothpicks.
If its a 5-6 inch long chicken breast, I would use three or four toothpicks to secure the cheesy Mozzarella from oozing out of the stuffed chicken breast.
How long to air fry frozen stuffed chicken?
If you are using frozen chicken breasts, then I recommend that you thaw it in the refrigerator overnight or for 2-3 hours on the counter before placing it in the air fryer.
Since this is a recipe for stuffed chicken breast, unless the chicken breast is completely thawed, you just can't stuff it with the filling.
If you just want to air fry frozen chicken breast, you can place it directly in the air fryer.
Cook it at 400F for at least 20-22 minutes, flipping midway so that both sides gets cooked completely.
Ensure the doneness of chicken breasts, using an Instant read meat thermometer.
When the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 F you can be certain that your chicken is well cooked.
Other Chicken Recipes You Might Like:
- Air Fryer Southern Fried Chicken: Craving something Chicken? Try this Crispy Air Fried Southern Fried Chicken. Same taste but so much healthy.
- Cheesy Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups: Need an easy peasy dinner recipe with very few ingredients? Try this Cheesy Pizza Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups. It's so easy to make and so comforting.
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta: The creamy Alfredo Sauce with Fettuccine pasta and cajun seasoned chicken on top is a brilliant dinner recipe that you can make in minutes.
- Sweet & Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken: Need a chicken recipe that is brimming with taste? Try this Honey Sriracha Chicken. It is full of happiness and is just so delicious.
- Honey Mustard Chicken Stir Fry: The honey Mustard combo is one of my favorite sort of combo. The sweetness of honey paired with Dijon Mustard is simply delightful.
- Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole: One of the healthiest Chicken dinner recipes that you can ever think of. Made with Cauliflower rice and chicken this casserole recipe is super awesome.
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan: I made this Chicken Parmesan in just 10-minutes and they were so tasty. You cannot tell that they are made in an Air Fryer. The best part about them is that they use ZERO OIL.
- Indian Spiced Spinach Chicken: Craving something Indian? Try this Indian Spiced Spinach Chicken. It's super delicious and something that you will enjoy with Jasmine rice.
- Asian Cashew Chicken: This Asian Cashew Chicken is better than takeout and is simply irresistible. Packed with all the good flavors you will love this Chicken Dinner Recipe.
- Nacho Cheese Dorito Chicken Casserole: Need a dinner recipe that is less of a mess and more of a taste? Well, you can't go wrong with this Nacho Cheese Dorito Chicken Casserole.
- Sweet and Sour Teriyaki Cauliflower Chicken Stir Fry: Sweet and Spicy this Teriyaki Cauliflower Chicken Stir fry is simply the best dinner recipe that you can make when you are in a hurry.
If you are making Spinach and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik.
Cheesy Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Air Fryer
- 4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt divided
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
The Spinach Cheese Mixture
- 5 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan
- ¼ Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1¼ Cup Freshly Chopped Spinach
- 4 cloves minced Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Take a baking tray and place your Chicken Breasts in it. Drizzle oil on the chicken breasts. Then add Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Salt. Coat both sides of chicken breasts with the seasoning evenly.
- Use a sharp serrated knife and cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breasts. Keep aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine Cream Cheese, Grated Parmesan, shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Mayonnaise, Freshly chopped Spinach, minced garlic, and cayenne pepper. Mix well until combined.
- Spoon the Spinach Cheese Mixture into each chicken breasts evenly, and brush some more oil on the chicken breasts. Air Fry at 400F OR 200C for 10-minutes and then flip and cook for 5-7 more minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165F.
- Serve with some freshly chopped cilantro and enjoy.
- See Instructions for Making them in the Oven in the blog post above.
- If you want to freeze this then allow them to come down to room temperature and then wrap each chicken breast in Plastic wrap and then you can freeze it.
- You can even pre-stuff the filling and keep them in an air-tight container. While cooking cook for a little longer.
- If your Air Fryer is 1700 watts then it will take less time.
- Make sure you chicken the temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer before consuming. If it reaches an internal temperature of 165F or 73.8C then it is completely cooked and is safe to eat.
- You can replace Cayenne Pepper with Smoked Paprika.