This Healthy Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche is so easy and delicious brunch recipe. Fresh Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese combine to make the best Vegetarian Quiche recipe ever! This Broccoli Cheddar Quiche is a family favorite recipe which we make every often for Breakfast or Lunch. This is seriously the best Vegetarian Broccoli Cheese Quiche you'll ever have!
Quiches are what makes every brunch so special. You need this Broccoli Cheese Quiche recipe in your back pocket for a easy Brunch recipe.
You can even meal prep this recipe ahead of time or during the weekend. The best part is you can use store bought pie crust, and you do not even have to bake the pie crust.
Just add in some chopped Broccoli, shredded Cheddar to beaten Eggs and pour this in the rolled pie crust. Bake it all together and you're done!
This Broccoli Cheese Quiche gets ready in just minutes and is a perfect Brunch recipe which the crowd will love!
I just Love homemade Quiches. Its one of those recipes which I literally crave for some days! Eggs, along with Cheese and Veggies is sooo good!!!
- All Butter Pie Crust
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Broccoli (steamed & chopped)
- Milk (whole milk or Almond Milk)
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
STEP 1: MAKE THE PIE CRUST
If you're using a store bought Pie Crust, you can skip this step.
- Pulse Flour and cold butter cubes in the food processor until it gets mealy
- Get it out in a large mixing bowl. Add few tablespoons of cold water and knead to a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
STEP 2: MAKE THE CUSTARD
- Chop the Broccoli into florets. Steam them for 5 minutes or simply, put them in a bowl filled with water and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Whisk Eggs and Milk together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the Cheese and Broccoli florets.
STEP 3: BAKE
- Press the pie crust in a pie baking dish
- Prick with a fork.
- Fill the Pie Crust with the custard
- Top with some chopped Red Bell Peppers
- Brush the sides with egg wash (beaten Eggs + Water)
- Bake @400°F for 30 minutes.
- You will know that the Quiche is done, when the egg mixture sets in the center, the Crust is Golden Brown.
- Make sure you rest the Quiche for 5-10 minutes, before you cut and serve.
Tips to make the perfect Quiche every time
- Make sure you steam and drain the Broccoli before use. Do not use Raw Broccoli as they will taste really bad.
- You can pre bake the crust if you want to before adding the custard.
- Use fresh eggs which are at room temperature.
- You can use a food processor to chop the Broccoli for ease and to save time.
- You can save time by using store bought Pie Crust.
- You do not need to prebake the Pie Crust.
- Leftover Quiche can be reheated in the oven easily.
- You can freeze prebaked Quiche and just bake as is for just a few minutes longer.
How to store Quiche
You can wrap leftover Quiche with plastic wrap and then again with aluminum foil and refrigerate this. You can store leftover Quiche in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can you freeze Quiche?
Yes of course! You can either freeze baked Quiche or Pre baked Quiche. When freezing prebaked Quiche, first, allow the filling to freeze. Then, double wrap with Plastic wrap and freeze for up to a month. You do not have to thaw it before baking. Just bake for 10-15 extra minutes.
You can freeze baked Quiche. Freeze solid quiche, double wrapped with plastic wrap for 3 months. You can reheat in the oven @350F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
What is the secret to a good Quiche?
The secret to a good and fluffy Quiche is Eggs and Milk. Perfect balance of Eggs and Milk will yield the fluffiest Quiche. The general ratio for Eggs and milk is for Each Egg you need to use 1/2 cup of Milk.
What is the difference between Quiche and Frittata?
Quiches are baked in a Pie Crust while Frittata is a Crustless Quiche. Also, Frittata cooks fairly quickly because there is no Pie crust to bake. While Quiche is baked slowly in the oven.
More Brunch Recipes you'll love
- Baked Mini Parmesan Hash Brown Cups
- French Toast Casserole
- Chocolate Cinnamon French Toast
- Healthy Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes with Almond Flour
- Egg and Potato Casserole
- Double Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberries
Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Quiche
- 1 9" Pie Crust
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1½ cup Milk
- 1½ cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 cups Broccoli florets chopped
- 1 cup Red bell Pepper finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Line the Pie Dish with the prepared or store bought Pie Crust. Press gently and fill the corners. Also crisp the edges using your thumb and forefinger. Prick the base of the Crust with fork and set aside.
- Cut the Broccoli into florets and steam for 2-3 minutes or microwave in a bowl full of bowl for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs and Milk until combined through.
- Stir in the shredded Cheese, Seasonings - Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper. Stir in the Broccoli florets.
- Pour this filling over the pie crust. Top with the finely chopped Red Bell peppers on top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes @400F. You will know that the Quiche is baked, when the center sets and the edges are golden brown. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before you cut and serve